TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Does she need a lot of taking care of or just company and an occasional cup of coffee/tea? 

11 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Is your gran quite active or does she need looking after?, mine is 80 and she’s always keeping busy still, gardening and visiting friends and occasionally coming over to fuss over mini Sith.

She needs pretty much constant supervision and being told how to do the most basic tasks. :/ 

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm flattered :P

Florence :wub:, she has such a powerful voice.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

She needs pretty much constant supervision and being told how to do the most basic tasks. :/ 

Oh, that must be hard for her and you, but needs to be done.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Sorry to hear that :( its hard when they get to that stage 

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Florence :wub:, she has such a powerful voice.

Oh, that must be hard for her and you, but needs to be done.

:D have you listened to the new album? I liked it, thought it bore some resemblance to Ceremonials and really showcased her vocal skills. Like the instrument work too, especially 100 years.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sorry to hear that :( its hard when they get to that stage 

:D have you listened to the new album? I liked it, thought it bore some resemblance to Ceremonials and really showcased her vocal skills. Like the instrument work too, especially 100 years.

Yeah I have, I really enjoyed it too, love her voice and it seems to keep getting better!.

I kept my grandmother alive, well, fed, and feeling mostly okay the whole day. :) And none of us lost our nerves, we were slightly annoyed at each other a few times, but nothing unexpected. I call that a win. Tomorrow is another day. I just hope I manage to wake up as soon as she does.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:31 PM, Buckwheat said:

<snip>

I might have bought and gotten myself an excessive amount of books for my bags' capabilities. How do I deal with that now?

i don't know if this is possible for you Buck, but i mail/ship excess stuff to myself...once it was cheaper to ship my clothes etc and fill my sea bag with heavier stuff cause, i was carrying it on...and once i sent 5 crates of rocks, soil samples etc to myself used

ETA: i see you are home now...oh well hope everything made it with you

On 8/5/2018 at 6:22 PM, The EnglishBear said:

The answer is Gin.

gin...only in a pinch 

the real answer is fine tequila and home grown lemons...

:smoking:

16 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

i don't know if this is possible for you Buck, but i mail/ship excess stuff to myself...once it was cheaper to ship my clothes etc and fill my sea bag with heavier stuff cause, i was carrying it on...and once i sent 5 crates of rocks, soil samples etc to myself used

ETA: i see you are home now...oh well hope everything made it with you

gin...only in a pinch 

the real answer is fine tequila and home grown lemons...

:smoking:

I was victimised by tequila last night. Rough doesn't even begin to describe me right now

Both Gin and Tequila are disgusting :ack:, I prefer a decent Vodka, either neat and from the freezer which I’ve come to appreciate with dating a Russian, or with Tonic and lots of ice.

I rarely get the chance to have one these days though!.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I was victimised by tequila last night. Rough doesn't even begin to describe me right now

Oh I had many of those nights long long ago. 

I easily win the worst taste in music. I love disco and funk and abba. LOVE it. Sometimes I wonder if I was reincarnated from someone in the 70’s. I also love country and Garth brooks. Yah, I said it. Pretty much anything from the 40’s - 80’s. Lil lady O already enjoys The Beattles. Like her brother. 

What was that Australian movie with all the ABBA? I want to say Muriel’s wedding? Love that movie. And Strictly ballroom while we’re at it. 

18 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Both Gin and Tequila are disgusting :ack:, I prefer a decent Vodka, either neat and from the freezer which I’ve come to appreciate with dating a Russian, or with Tonic and lots of ice.

I rarely get the chance to have one these days though!.

I don't like tequila (except cafe patron) but I was already somewhat intoxicated when I was offered tequila so I thought why not?

I do like good vodka too. Stol is my favourite. 

9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I easily win the worst taste in music. I love disco and funk and abba. LOVE it. Sometimes I wonder if I was reincarnated from someone in the 70’s. I also love country and Garth brooks. Yah, I said it. Pretty much anything from the 40’s - 80’s. Lil lady O already enjoys The Beattles. Like her brother. 

What was that Australian movie with all the ABBA? I want to say Muriel’s wedding? Love that movie. And Strictly ballroom while we’re at it. 

I do love some cheesy music too. 70s/80s/90s cheese is great fun if you are in a dancing mood. But then I also enjoy 70s/80s rock too so I've rather a varied taste

10 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Disco and funk is awesome don’t be embarrassed about that :P.

Mini Sith seems to be taking after me with her music taste already and she loves being sung to, I have a feeling she’s going to be musical too.

She also doesn’t seem as interested in most of the stuff my fiancée listens to(thankfully) except Adele which she really seems to like.

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don't like tequila (except cafe patron) but I was already somewhat intoxicated when I was offered tequila so I thought why not?

I do like good vodka too. Stol is my favourite. 

I do love some cheesy music too. 70s/80s/90s cheese is great fun if you are in a dancing mood. But then I also enjoy 70s/80s rock too so I've rather a varied taste

I went for dinner and drinks  for a friends birthday last night, fiancée has mini Sith so can have a night off, I had 5 glasses of wine and have a headache today!, such has my ability to drink been diminished.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I went for dinner and drinks  for a friends birthday last night, fiancée has mini Sith so can have a night off, I had 5 glasses of wine and have a headache today!, such has my ability to drink been diminished.

After 5 glasses of wine, I would probably be lying under the table. You are fine. :leaving:

Was day 2 of the grandma visit successful, @Buckwheat? Hope it was all fine and you guys got on well while you took care of her. 

And Rum is still the superior spirit. I’m okay with tequila, kinda fed up with vodka, never had gin and I don’t like brandy. Not a fan of whiskey, but I do enjoy cognac. Egg nog is much better with cognac too. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

After 5 glasses of wine, I would probably be lying under the table. You are fine. :leaving:

I did feel it a bit!, they were 175 ml glasses.

I don’t particularly miss drinking or other things, I was all ready to Uber home at 11 PM whereas all the others were just getting started and going to a late bar, I spoke to one friend earlier they ended up staying up until like 5 and feeling terrible today, I had a bit of a headache this morning when I got up but this was at 5:30 to attend to mini Sith, I feel fine now though and have had a fun, productive day which is infinitely more fun that being in bed feeling terrible and sorry for myself, family life is so much more enjoyable to me.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Lazing around on a pool side is rather boring when you don’t have a book with you. Why aren’t there any bookshops in Spain? 

This is literally the most "first world problem" ever. :lol:

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Was day 2 of the grandma visit successful, @Buckwheat? Hope it was all fine and you guys got on well while you took care of her. 

Yes, it was fine. Actually really boring. There were some odd moments, but nothing out of the ordinary for her. My grandmother is still quite well physically, but she is not okay mentally, so the problem is keeping her brain occupied and keeping her from doing stupid stuff. Most of the time one has to give her the simplest instructions for basic tasks, telling her the same information over and over. Obviously it is impossible to keep a logical underatandable conversation with her.

The night I was alone with her, I had to get up three times during the night to tell her it is still night (after she went to the toilet) and tuck her back into bed. I wanted to post here and complain, but I assume that would be insensitive in a thread with two new mothers who have to deal with this every night for several years. :P My respect for mothers just grew a looooot!

Now my parents are here too and my mother and I are both taking care of her.

Archived