TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

This is literally the most "first world problem" ever. :lol:

Yes, it was fine. Actually really boring. There were some odd moments, but nothing out of the ordinary for her. My grandmother is still quite well physically, but she is not okay mentally, so the problem is keeping her brain occupied and keeping her from doing stupid stuff. Most of the time one has to give her the simplest instructions for basic tasks, telling her the same information over and over. Obviously it is impossible to keep a logical underatandable conversation with her.

The night I was alone with her, I had to get up three times during the night to tell her it is still night (after she went to the toilet) and tuck her back into bed. I wanted to post here and complain, but I assume that would be insensitive in a thread with two new mothers who have to deal with this every night for several years. :P My respect for mothers just grew a looooot!

Now my parents are here too and my mother and I are both taking care of her.

Come on, days on the beach are so empty without some fiction. :lol: Magazines are boring, and I’m not yet as obsessed with modern media to bring an iPad to the pool and watch Netflix. I pretty damn angry with myself for forgetting to pack a book. :/ 

oh yay, I’m glad it was alright and you have your mom now to help take care of your grandma. 

I’m right now slightly drunk, because my father always orders these godawfully expensive champagnes by the bottle and I’m not used to them. Also, sister is being interestingly kind to me. I suppose she got a new perspective having shared any flat for a month, and a rough one might I add, I suppose she’s seen my cry three times due to work overload and sleep deprivation. 

38 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh-agh, BB, what have you done to your toe? :eek: 

(also, thank god I abandoned my 7th grade plans to become a doctor) 

Stumbled (whilst somewhat inebriated) slammed it down on part of my desk leg, and it just sort of ripped...

That picture is why I never entertained ideas of nursing/doctor/chiropodist or anything at all related to injuries and illnesses as a career :stillsick:

As to rhae's book issue, I feel you Rhae. Though that's the beauty of an ereader. Forgot to pack a book? Simply download one.

Also reminded me of my first world problems thread. Humble brag, but that was an enjoyable thread to read

That looks painful!, on the bright side though at least you didnt pull off/damage the nail that really hurts!.

Kindle>actual books, I used to think the other way but have been completely converted they're so much easier and less hassle.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That picture is why I never entertained ideas of nursing/doctor/chiropodist or anything at all related to injuries and illnesses as a career :stillsick:

As to rhae's book issue, I feel you Rhae. Though that's the beauty of an ereader. Forgot to pack a book? Simply download one.

Also reminded me of my first world problems thread. Humble brag, but that was an enjoyable thread to read

Maybe we should bring that thread back, I was just thinking about a similar thing the other day.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Nope, sorry. I don’t like reading from an electronic device :( and the one book shop I did encounter (not even technically in Spain , let me add) was closed. Epic fail. 

and yes indeed, I miss that thread. 

30 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nope, sorry. I don’t like reading from an electronic device :( and the one book shop I did encounter (not even technically in Spain , let me add) was closed. Epic fail. 

and yes indeed, I miss that thread. 

I felt that way at first but some of the newer devices are really good at not seeking like you are reading from a screen. But I understand your view

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I felt that way at first but some of the newer devices are really good at not seeking like you are reading from a screen. But I understand your view

I don’t know, I’ve never had an ebook or a kindle or anything, I just can’t imagine holding an electronic device I can’t bend and fold to my liking, I can’t turn the pages, it heats up in the sun, it needs charging, naaaah, it just really doesn’t appeal to me. 

Anyway, Helena, and B.B. and anybody in the UK. Is it regular for stores and pharmacies to be closed on a Sunday? 

21 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t know, I’ve never had an ebook or a kindle or anything, I just can’t imagine holding an electronic device I can’t bend and fold to my liking, I can’t turn the pages, it heats up in the sun, it needs charging, naaaah, it just really doesn’t appeal to me. 

Anyway, Helena, and B.B. and anybody in the UK. Is it regular for stores and pharmacies to be closed on a Sunday? 

Pharmacies yes. Regular stores have reduced opening hours, generally 10-4 or 11-5. That goes for clothes stores, supermarkets etc, but smaller stores are usually open more regular hours

45 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pharmacies yes. Regular stores have reduced opening hours, generally 10-4 or 11-5. That goes for clothes stores, supermarkets etc, but smaller stores are usually open more regular hours

So the bookshop should have been open. :idea: in fact its opening hours written on the window were 11-15pm on weekdays. I mean that’s rather extreme, isn’t it? I mean I can’t imagine how it would be bad for business to stay open longer or at least for a few hours at weekends too. I mean tourists want to spend money! 

On 8/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, The EnglishBear said:

Anyone want to see my super gross toe?

https://i.imgur.com/dZYs2gw.jpg

That flap of skin is only attached on one side. I can't put any weight on it.

Yowsers. I feel like that should need a stitch or two? Can you walk on it? 

Well I guess I’m not the only one that likes disco :D 

Rhae are you vacationing in Spain? Sounds lovely. 

Off topic: I’m wondering if I’m the only one that gets a terrible sweet tooth when sleep deprived? 

6 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

I just bandaged it up. I was walking around all yesterday on the side of my foot, and now as a result I've got horrible cramps in my foot and calf :P But it's easier to walk on today.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So the bookshop should have been open. :idea: in fact its opening hours written on the window were 11-15pm on weekdays. I mean that’s rather extreme, isn’t it? I mean I can’t imagine how it would be bad for business to stay open longer or at least for a few hours at weekends too. I mean tourists want to spend money! 

Hmmm. Guessing it was a small, independent bookseller rather than a chain like Waterstones? Most big stores would be open weekends. Where in the UK are you?

I’m with Helena, I was anti kindle at first, I thought reading on one would be like reading on an iPad and I would hate it, but it really isn’t, the one I’ve got is just like reading from a book page, there’s no harsh backlight or anything, plus I only have to charge it up a couple of times a month for like an hour.

Lady O, not normally no, but the last couple of days I have reached for a can of Red Bull over a cup of coffee to try and combat tiredness, which is something I don’t want to get into the habit of.

I have learned my lesson too, I was changing mini Sith yesterday and she knocked my phone off onto the floor, smashed screen!, she’s now at the age where she’s going to do things like that, so mamas expensive and somewhat fragile iPhone will be kept well out of her reach from now on!.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmmm. Guessing it was a small, independent bookseller rather than a chain like Waterstones? Most big stores would be open weekends. Where in the UK are you?

Yeah, it definitely was, I just don’t get why it’s not worth to stay open for half an afternoon on Sunday, there were a lot of tourists. And I wasn’t in the UK, I think. Or was I? I can’t actually tell, even with Google. I was visiting Gibraltar, as I’m on a vacation nearby in Spain. Is it the UK? Or just Great Britain? 

13 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Well I guess I’m not the only one that likes disco :D 

Rhae are you vacationing in Spain? Sounds lovely. 

Off topic: I’m wondering if I’m the only one that gets a terrible sweet tooth when sleep deprived? 

Yeah, till Friday. I kinda wish I could stay another week, but oh well. 

I get a terrible sweet tooth very randomly. 

Archived