TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

So I had a looooooooong phone talk with the supernatural entity today, with whom I cut contact for a few months and then started chatting with some time ago. It made so much fun talking to him again. He is sorry for some things he said and that happened and he misses me still and so on.

What's a girl to do?

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So I had a looooooooong phone talk with the supernatural entity today, with whom I cut contact for a few months and then started chatting with some time ago. It made so much fun talking to him again. He is sorry for some things he said and that happened and he misses me still and so on.

What's a girl to do?

Well do you think there’s any perspective for the relationship if you decide to reignite it? It’s quite natural to still miss someone after a couple months if you’ve been together for two(?) years. I would know, I wasn’t over my first love for like two or three years. (Not that that’s an example to follow, or even remotely natural, but let’s say I was young and stupid so it’s okay)

35 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well do you think there’s any perspective for the relationship if you decide to reignite it? It’s quite natural to still miss someone after a couple months if you’ve been together for two(?) years. I would know, I wasn’t over my first love for like two or three years. (Not that that’s an example to follow, or even remotely natural, but let’s say I was young and stupid so it’s okay)

That is the problem ... if we do it, we are at the same place we were before. That is, stupid long distance with no future unless one of us (realistically, me) were to move to another country.

And yes, I was wondering about time too ... I mean, he said he still thought about me, but a few months ... that is still natural and not out of the ordinary, right?

I managed quite fine actually, after the first few upset days, I was relatively quick to pick myself up, if I may say so, and did not have second thoughts for a while. But I really started missing him much more when I was in Germany.

I never had such a young and stupid phase. Now I am paying for it with an old and stupid phase. I did not really have a silly horny teenager phase. Instead, I had a phase at the age of 24-25 when I giggled at every stupid mention of sex (and if there was no mention of anything sexual, I made it up, like a proverbial 13-year-old boy). So ... time to go make up for all the mistakes I didn't make ten years ago?

16 minutes ago, felice said:

Stick to being friends. There are plenty of other vampires, werewolves, and unicorns out there.

But but but he is one of a kind! :(

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

That is the problem ... if we do it, we are at the same place we were before. That is, stupid long distance with no future unless one of us (realistically, me) were to move to another country.

And yes, I was wondering about time too ... I mean, he said he still thought about me, but a few months ... that is still natural and not out of the ordinary, right?

I managed quite fine actually, after the first few upset days, I was relatively quick to pick myself up, if I may say so, and did not have second thoughts for a while. But I really started missing him much more when I was in Germany.

I never had such a young and stupid phase. Now I am paying for it with an old and stupid phase. I did not really have a silly horny teenager phase. Instead, I had a phase at the age of 24-25 when I giggled at every stupid mention of sex (and if there was no mention of anything sexual, I made it up, like a proverbial 13-year-old boy). So ... time to go make up for all the mistakes I didn't make ten years ago?

But but but he is one of a kind! :(

Of course you missed him more when you were alone in Germany. That makes absolute sense. 

And yes, we experienced that with you :lol: (the giddy 13 year old jokes, I mean :lol: ) 

10 years ago... I was a baby. Nah. I had my young and stupid phase between 18-21. 

As for the mistakes, the ones you didn’t make do not necessarily need to be made up for. There is probably a reason you didn’t make them so I wouldn’t say it’s a necessity to go back to do so. Just my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Of course you missed him more when you were alone in Germany. That makes absolute sense. 

And yes, we experienced that with you :lol: (the giddy 13 year old jokes, I mean :lol: ) 

10 years ago... I was a baby. Nah. I had my young and stupid phase between 18-21. 

As for the mistakes, the ones you didn’t make do not necessarily need to be made up for. There is probably a reason you didn’t make them so I wouldn’t say it’s a necessity to go back to do so. Just my opinion. 

You do realise I try to hold myself back on the Internet where literally the whole world can read what I post. :blushing::blushing::blushing: I am embarrassed you remember my 13-year-old phase.

But Rhae, why do you need to be so smart and reasonable now? I want to do the stupid thing and invite him over and have him sleep in my bed ... oh yikes, here goes the 13-year-old phase again. :leaving: No but really, the talking ... and walking around exploring places ... and hanging at his place ...

We agreed to continue doing our thing for as long as it was fun to do it. But we did not. It never stopped being fun, we just stopped doing it. :(

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You do realise I try to hold myself back on the Internet where literally the whole world can read what I post. :blushing::blushing::blushing: I am embarrassed you remember my 13-year-old phase.

But Rhae, why do you need to be so smart and reasonable now? I want to do the stupid thing and invite him over and have him sleep in my bed ... oh yikes, here goes the 13-year-old phase again. :leaving: No but really, the talking ... and walking around exploring places ... and hanging at his place ...

We agreed to continue doing our thing for as long as it was fun to do it. But we did not. It never stopped being fun, we just stopped doing it. :(

Dont be, I had the most idiotic phases on the internet too. We all did. 13 year old jokes are fine and hurt nobody. 

It’s easy to be reasonable when We’re looking at a situation from the outside. I’m not reasonable when it comes to my own shit. Well it’s your decision. My opinion is that these things don’t work out for the best, but it’s your decision to take the trial and error route,  maybe win and definitely learn something. So you do you. 

On 8/2/2018 at 8:05 PM, The EnglishBear said:

I am, we just call it bell ringing. The fools elected me ringing master, so I'm allegedly in charge of St. Cuthbert's bells :blink:

Congrats on the promotion! I'm sure you are doing fine. Any YTs of St.Cuthbert's bells in action (I guess if I weren't so lazy, I'd just go to YT . . . ).

On 8/2/2018 at 9:17 PM, Vin said:

Shame...Would've been really cool if you were a ghost. 

Well, no . They were your own posts , so mostly I just know about what you shared about your life although I didn't memorize all of course . You seem to have a lovely family but your taste in NFL teams is questionable .

:rofl:

me as a ghost . . . I'm a bit too . . . substantial?

I'm flattered you read back through all that - but assume you did the same with others in TTTNE? That's a ton of reading!

On 8/3/2018 at 1:54 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m a dog person, but I understand what you mean. I can’t see myself having a cat either. I just never a chemistry with a cat, while I am usually quick to connect with any random dog I see in public. @Vin this is too short a tram ride for ideological depths like that. I’ll read it later. 

Understood. I'm pretty ecumenical with animals* - like them all, but in terms of living with them, cats are the best fit for me.

*my younger sis who is a lot like me, has ducks, turkeys, chickens, guinea fowl, pigs, sheep and cats - and I'm probably missing somebody. :)

On 8/3/2018 at 9:27 AM, First of My Name said:

Really well, actually. I've made some big changes so next month I'll not only be moving out of my parents' house, but also going to start at the uni. Can't wait.

Oh man am I jealous! Life for me started with moving away from home - and I fell flat on my face - I flunked out of college. But in other ways never looked back. This will hopefully be a glorious and wonderful, hectic time in your life - GOOD LUCK!!!

On 8/3/2018 at 9:48 AM, Buckwheat said:

Aaaand ... honestly, I don't really think about it? I mean, nobody really respects Melanija that I know of, but really, it just does not influence me in any way. :dunno: 

@Vin

@Nazca Barsavi

Not surprised. I try not to think about those two as well. :)

On 8/3/2018 at 10:02 AM, Buckwheat said:

You mean, such a big persona, that's not relatable at all? :P

No, just that i enjoy reading Sniffers posts a lot. He reminds me a little of certain  of my wife's family members who I like a lot.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, rocksniffer said:

ye gods MY brother the Honeyed Chicken and my darling Lady O...boys and girls i am alive but deliberately being a frequent hermit...it is true She who must be obeyed is aka my Number One niece so she can usually find me...since she monitors my bank accounts... :angry:

i am so happy to see both of you here on the board...and Chick i lurk on the slithering (sp) group...just to keep up with you ;)

enjoy

:smoking:

Sniffer!! How you been, man!! Don't see you much on fb these days. I should message you and catch up.

I've been watching the show (Game of Thrones) again all the way through (I'll need to buy s.7 to finish, but have the first six already). It is quite an impressive show. The locations, the cast, the overall quality of acting and filming - there's so much to like. And of course, the story isn't bad either.

I used to really fume about the things D&D chose to leave out and the extraneous stuff they put in . . . I'm largely over that.

Wonder where you guys are at with the show - how you feel about it these days (other than the long wait, which no one likes)?

2 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I've been watching the show (Game of Thrones) again all the way through (I'll need to buy s.7 to finish, but have the first six already). It is quite an impressive show. The locations, the cast, the overall quality of acting and filming - there's so much to like. And of course, the story isn't bad either.

I used to really fume about the things D&D chose to leave out and the extraneous stuff they put in . . . I'm largely over that.

Wonder where you guys are at with the show - how you feel about it these days (other than the long wait, which no one likes)?

I find I don't mind the wait at all. Also a lot of the extraneous stuff was bullshit (not all, adaptations do have to differ somewhat,) but it's mostly gone now, because they don't have time to focus on anything that's not directly related to the end goal. There's silliness, that whole episode North of the wall for instance, where Gendry is apparently the best long distance runner of all time and the dragons would have to be supersonic. But it really doesn't bother me that much.

The really weird thing is I don't think I'm all that fussed about the books anymore. I'll read them when they come out, but I don't mind the wait. When I first read them they were incredible, but upon rereading them... they're just not as good as I remember. YMMV :dunno:

1 hour ago, The EnglishBear said:

I find I don't mind the wait at all. Also a lot of the extraneous stuff was bullshit (not all, adaptations do have to differ somewhat,) but it's mostly gone now, because they don't have time to focus on anything that's not directly related to the end goal. There's silliness, that whole episode North of the wall for instance, where Gendry is apparently the best long distance runner of all time and the dragons would have to be supersonic. But it really doesn't bother me that much.

The really weird thing is I don't think I'm all that fussed about the books anymore. I'll read them when they come out, but I don't mind the wait. When I first read them they were incredible, but upon rereading them... they're just not as good as I remember. YMMV :dunno:

I'll always appreciate them because they led me to the wider realm of SFF. I mean I was always into SFF from as far back as I remember, and I read stuff like Hobb's Six Duchies books before I read aGOT but reading asoiaf brought me here and I found a whole host of other stuff I like via recommendations. And not just books either, the entertainment forum has been a goldmine on that front

4 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

*Squee*

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

The obsessive fandom hasn’t run its full course in my case yet.  I’m currently in the stage of passive hatred. There’s no shitty new episodes to watch currently and no book to read so I’m just quietly resenting everything GOT related (except for Jason Momoa and Emilia Clarke’s Instagram pictures). I’m sure once the final season is out and the story gets a long awaited closure, I’ll rewatch it, form an objective opinion of the whole, appreciate the good parts, be thankful for having such a great story in my life for almost a decade and move on.

I’m quite sure I’ll never read the books (if they ever come out, which I don’t think they will), half because I’ll already have had closure and half on principle. 

7 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Live action Disney should be a crime. 

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Dont be, I had the most idiotic phases on the internet too. We all did. 13 year old jokes are fine and hurt nobody. 

It’s easy to be reasonable when We’re looking at a situation from the outside. I’m not reasonable when it comes to my own shit. Well it’s your decision. My opinion is that these things don’t work out for the best, but it’s your decision to take the trial and error route,  maybe win and definitely learn something. So you do you. 

Thank you. Good post. Will do my own mistakes in my own time. :)

11 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

me as a ghost . . . I'm a bit too . . . substantial?

I'm flattered you read back through all that - but assume you did the same with others in TTTNE? That's a ton of reading!

Kind creepy too, though. :eek:

11 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

No, just that i enjoy reading Sniffers posts a lot. He reminds me a little of certain  of my wife's family members who I like a lot.

I was referencing the song Who's The New Guy from the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, look it up. ;) Too complicated to link on mobile, also have to save data ...

10 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Haven't watched it since, like, season 4 I think? Don't miss it either.

10 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

I am mostly really happy they lead me to this forum, which is my Internet home. :) People on here have been with me through so much.

@honeyed chicken are you in the BWB group on FB and have seen my post with the mention of this forum in a book? It is all kinds of cool. :D

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh thank you. I just looked what it is, don't want to watch it now on my phone.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m quite sure I’ll never read the books (if they ever come out, which I don’t think they will), half because I’ll already have had closure and half on principle. 

Well, that is a ... novelty opinioj I have never seen yet.

11 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Interesting.

Yeah, the Gendry's marathon run is of a piece with various LF trips where he appears in Highgarden one day and the Vale the next. Star trek meets GOT? :)

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The obsessive fandom hasn’t run its full course in my case yet.  I’m currently in the stage of passive hatred. There’s no shitty new episodes to watch currently and no book to read so I’m just quietly resenting everything GOT related (except for Jason Momoa and Emilia Clarke’s Instagram pictures). I’m sure once the final season is out and the story gets a long awaited closure, I’ll rewatch it, form an objective opinion of the whole, appreciate the good parts, be thankful for having such a great story in my life for almost a decade and move on.

Live action Disney should be a crime. 

I guess I'm not too surprised with your reaction. I had to try to like it at first. A lot of the changes still feel offensive to me, but I'm trying to get over it because there is a lot to like as well.

I haven't gotten into the Instagram habit yet. My daughter does, so I prefer to leave it to her while I do facebook.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Kind creepy too, though. :eek:

I was referencing the song Who's The New Guy from the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, look it up. ;) Too complicated to link on mobile, also have to save data ...

Haven't watched it since, like, season 4 I think? Don't miss it either.

I am mostly really happy they lead me to this forum, which is my Internet home. :) People on here have been with me through so much.

@honeyed chicken are you in the BWB group on FB and have seen my post with the mention of this forum in a book? It is all kinds of cool. :D

Oh, ok. It seemed like a reasonable question even without referent.

You haven't watched since s.4! :o Will you read the books? 

I'm aware of BWB and occasionally get notifications from them, but do not hang out there - so I'm sorry, but I've missed your posts.

Archived