TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

33 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Mushroom risotto or gtfo

Hell no. I have a strong dislike for mushrooms.

It was carrots, onion, tomatoes, paprika, leek, peas and chicken in the risotto. And rice, obviously.

13 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hi Smurf! Nice to see you again (and trade insults in the lies about the previous poster thread)!

Thanks! and yes, I will see you on the battlefield! :D

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh my! A wild smurf appears! :kiss: good to see you, how are things?

Things are good, I shouldn't complain! Been such a nice summer this year(excluding all the forest fires we had)! :D How are you?

I have been busy but I..

Spoiler

.. I still didn't read liveships :leaving:

3 hours ago, Kungsmurfen said:

Thanks! and yes, I will see you on the battlefield! :D

Things are good, I shouldn't complain! Been such a nice summer this year(excluding all the forest fires we had)! :D How are you?

I have been busy but I..

Reveal hidden contents

.. I still didn't read liveships :leaving:

HIIIIIII!!!!! :commie: how have you been smurf??? How is life?  Great to see you pop in! 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You're all heathens for not liking mushrooms.

And smurf is a heathen for still not reading liveships.

I'm done with you all!

*Dramatic swirl and exit*

Hey, not so fast! I LOVE mushrooms. Any & all in just about anything - omelettes, pasta, stew, soup - cream of mushroom is an all time favorite.

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hey, not so fast! I LOVE mushrooms. Any & all in just about anything - omelettes, pasta, stew, soup - cream of mushroom is an all time favorite.

Yep, mushrooms are great. My partner doesn't like them, though, so I don't get to eat them as much as I'd like.

2 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

A bird just flew into my window, it left a few feather behind.

i hate when that happens. We used to have one big picture window to guard and you could make a life sized cut out silhouette of a hawk from black construction paper and tape it to the window - that worked. But now we have too many smaller windows for that treatment.

21 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You're all heathens for not liking mushrooms.

I'm done with you all!

*Dramatic swirl and exit*

Mushrooms are the true definition of evil, they all need rounding up, putting on one planet, and blowing up with the Death Star!.

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

HIIIIIII!!!!! :commie: how have you been smurf??? How is life?  Great to see you pop in! 

Hello, thanks! I've been good, life's good. It's nice to see everyone again! :commie:

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Guilty as charged :smoking:

On 8/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Buckwheat said:

Okay, maybe. I have not been following interviews with them and such. They used to be passionate about the show in the beginning.

Eh, thank you for the warning, but I do not drink anything stronger than the occasional glass of wine, so I think I am safe on the alcohol front. ;)

Oh. I strongly recommend learning a language in a language course. That way you need to practice speaking a lot, and that helps greatly.

Ooooooh.

I too have not truly been following them closely but what I did see did hint at a lack of conviction. It is normal, it's difficult to to maintain zeal for 8+ years. If you ask me they should be working extra hard because this is probably what they'll be known for for the rest of their careers. 

Well I'll repeat my father's advice: no drugs, and carry a gun in dark alleys. 

That would indeed be better however my work does not allow for regularly scheduled classes and there's also the fact that it's kinda hard to find official classes for a kinda dead language lol  (I think only 1% of Scottish people speak it) 

On 8/21/2018 at 1:34 PM, Buckwheat said:

Sun cream, gel for burned skin, shower gel, period equipment ... cosmetics is expensive, yo.

On the bright side of today, I just learned I have been a good student and have all the credits I need to start into the second year of my PhD program. Time to celebrate! :commie:

This reminds me of how I feel whenever I buy new shaving blades. One day I'll have enough and get a straight razor I swear. 

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it. I could never imagine myself going back to get a PhD even tho my old professors keep nagging me every new semester. 

On 8/21/2018 at 2:49 PM, honeyed chicken said:

I'm only trying to guess the motivations of D&D. Imo THEY have a low opinion of American audience tolerance for strong women characters - not saying I agree with that.

Your phrasing made it seem you believed there was some validity to that assertion. :dunno:

On 8/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, Lord Sidious said:

En Garde! :fencing:, I may only weigh like 100 lbs but at I’m agile at least :P.

Doesn't matter, my trusty doggo will catch you for me.

I fluctuate between 205 and 215. 

In today's news I find myself in Eastern Europe. I had a prime steak at a fancy Italian restaurant for basically 7 dollars. I love Eastern Europe. 

10 minutes ago, Vin said:

Well I'll repeat my father's advice: no drugs, and carry a gun in dark alleys.

Hell no, why would I want that? Dark alleys are just like normal alleys, only with less light. There is nothing there that would require special ... equipment. *shudder*

10 minutes ago, Vin said:

In today's news I find myself in Eastern Europe. I had a prime steak at a fancy Italian restaurant for basically 7 dollars. I love Eastern Europe. 

Where are you?

13 hours ago, Kungsmurfen said:

Hello, thanks! I've been good, life's good. It's nice to see everyone again! :commie:

Guilty as charged :smoking:

Yay that’s great! I don’t know what’s up this summer, everybody keeps popping out of nowhere and coming back here. Great to see some life in forum games and lovely to see familiar faces! 

10 hours ago, Vin said:

Eastern Europe is cheap with a western salary, but decent steak or fancy restaurant prices still start at 20-25$ in Eastern Europe too. So I hope what you got for 7 wasn’t too trashy. 

I do not actually want to make the effort to keep in contact with the guy from not-Germany - the one that was slightly creepy. But he still sent me an email. Do I respond? :idea: Decisions, decisions ...

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hell no, why would I want that? Dark alleys are just like normal alleys, only with less light. There is nothing there that would require special ... equipment. *shudder*

Where are you?

Tell that to batman :P

Currently in Ukraine for a few days, then Poland and Lithuania and a couple of days in Slovakia and finally Germany. Company wanted a R&D representative with their negotiating teamto do some deals and I drew the proverbial short stick. Although it's not really bad just delays my work. 

7 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

That was a mistake on my part, my opinion is of no importance in this discussion.

Cool. 

Don't say that, most opinions are useful. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yay that’s great! I don’t know what’s up this summer, everybody keeps popping out of nowhere and coming back here. Great to see some life in forum games and lovely to see familiar faces! 

Eastern Europe is cheap with a western salary, but decent steak or fancy restaurant prices still start at 20-25$ in Eastern Europe too. So I hope what you got for 7 wasn’t too trashy. 

Not my first time so while this is true within the European union it is much cheaper outside of it. (Ukraine, which also has a much more robust agricultural base so everything is basically local produce) 

And yes salaries are horrible here, it's partly why we poach a lot of talent from here 

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not actually want to make the effort to keep in contact with the guy from not-Germany - the one that was slightly creepy. But he still sent me an email. Do I respond? :idea: Decisions, decisions ...

Well there you go, you don't want to, then don't. 

Archived