TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Awwwwwwwww :wub: she’s adorable, I should put some up of mini Sith too.

I had a somewhat frustrating evening yesterday, I’ve started to feel much more like wanting some :leer: time again after mini Siths arrival much to my fiancé’s relief, and all that happened was the baby monitor went, that was ok, she settled quickly, THEN like 5 minutes later my fiancées sister came back earlier than expected after a couple of drinks and wanted to  have a chat, grrrrr leave us alone.

Yes - we need mini sith pics!! :commie: 

After 10 weeks of back to back guests I am relieved to have our house to ourselves again. I love having family and friends here but I also love my privacy sometimes. 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I'm posting for the first time from my own place :D It's small and still pretty empty but I'm liking it so far. The first Philosophy courses have been promising as well.

I agree with the first part, but I adore the look of the dragons once they're grown up. The CGI department fools me every time they're on-screen in season 6 or 7.

ETA: Lady O, gorgeous baby!

Woohoo!! Congratulations! How very exciting - is it hard to sleep in your new place? I had a struggle for a few days when I first moved out then I loved it :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

I’m being overtaken by gray hair :( I think i May have to go back to full weave blonde. I don’t want that kind of commitment right now. 

I’m not even 40 yet. Why hair, why? 

If this is any comfort, I have an insane amout of grey hair too. My mom was fully grey by 30, and my grandma before. Yay genetics, right? 

5 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I’m being overtaken by gray hair :( I think i May have to go back to full weave blonde. I don’t want that kind of commitment right now. 

I’m not even 40 yet. Why hair, why? 

Rock the grey LadyO, embrace it!

My hair is terrible, thinning, dying, falling out. My own fault for not taking care of my body

I on the other hand, want some more hot and sunny weather! I am still near the sea, if I cannot go swim, what is the point?

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I'm posting for the first time from my own place :D It's small and still pretty empty but I'm liking it so far. The first Philosophy courses have been promising as well.

Congratulations. Report back to us how the new life goes. :)

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

How many pieces of plaid clothing is one person allowed to have? Im afraid I have a very unhealthy obsession with everything plaid... 

:commie:Go with it! I too have always loved plaids - especially ones with dark blue, green and a small amount of black over white.

To Lady O & others, Mrs. Chicken had just turned 31 when we met and she was a "salt & pepper" brunette then. It looked great then and looks great (all white) now.

I didn’t. I decided I dont went to pas full Price for these things, so I’ll have a couple weeks. I just got a pair of shoes and a Disney t shirt because I’m infantile that way. And cleaning supplies. That was one was short a disappointing round of shopping. 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Yaaaaaay!!!!! :commie: Tell us more about the place! Are you renting with friends, do you own the flat? I hope you’re the kinda college student who’s considerate of his neighbor’s :lol: Glad to hear philosophy is your cup of tea! 

I'm renting a room in a house with thirteen other students. So it's pretty crowded, but I'm fond of them already. And the location is perfect. Shopping and cooking is taking some getting used to though :P 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Woohoo!! Congratulations! How very exciting - is it hard to sleep in your new place? I had a struggle for a few days when I first moved out then I loved it :lol: 

It was the first few nights, but I was pretty drunk for most of the first week, since that was the introduction week for new university students. So most nights I fell asleep right away. And now it's not really in issue anymore, since I've gotten more used to it.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I'm renting a room in a house with thirteen other students. So it's pretty crowded, but I'm fond of them already. And the location is perfect. Shopping and cooking is taking some getting used to though :P 

It was the first few nights, but I was pretty drunk for most of the first week, since that was the introduction week for new university students. So most nights I fell asleep right away. And now it's not really in issue anymore, since I've gotten more used to it.

Thirteen...?! Oh my. Im too introverted to even imagine that. Shopping and cooking is the fun part, isn’t it? How about laundry and cleaning and ironing and the whole shebang? :lol: But having your own place is really exciting nonetheless. Great to hear your housemates are cool, have a lot of fun with this experience! 

So so this weekend was an official fail from Friday afternoon till this very moment... :rolleyes: well... what’s on the positive side? I made pudding. And amazing smoothies. I had time to binge Netflix and play EG while I was being exhausted all Saturday. I almost finished the book I started during my vacation. And I did some laundry and changed the bedding at least. Well. Next time. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thirteen...?! Oh my. Im too introverted to even imagine that. Shopping and cooking is the fun part, isn’t it? How about laundry and cleaning and ironing and the whole shebang? :lol: But having your own place is really exciting nonetheless. Great to hear your housemates are cool, have a lot of fun with this experience! 

So so this weekend was an official fail from Friday afternoon till this very moment... :rolleyes: well... what’s on the positive side? I made pudding. And amazing smoothies. I had time to binge Netflix and play EG while I was being exhausted all Saturday. I almost finished the book I started during my vacation. And I did some laundry and changed the bedding at least. Well. Next time. 

What did you binge? 

On 8/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, RhaenysBee said:

:cheers: 

I agree with most of this apart from your obsession with firm belief in free market mechanism. 

The freer the markets the freer the people. 

My belief is rooted in a century of economic theory, history and my own personal experience where I applied these tenants to my own finances and it has made me much wealthier than the average American across a lifetime let alone my age. So yeah, I'd stand up for Smith, Hayek, Friedman and Sowell any day of the week and twice on Sunday ;)

On 8/24/2018 at 10:33 PM, Buckwheat said:

There are again obviously many things we do not agree on, and I do not want to discuss this in more detail (this is also not the place for it, serious topics are supposed to be GenChat material). So I am dropping it.

Get better and good night, RB.

Cool,no problem. On a side note, I have found that I greatly dislike Gen chat, it seems to be populated by idealogues who've isolated themselves within their own echo chamber and are quite uncivil and sometimes down right hostile to anyone not within their circle.it seems to be used mainly for the  purpose of confirmation bias. (now of course I'm generalizing, there were nice people but definitely a quiet minority). 

Cute baby. I like babies. More baby pics please. 

Since Mr first of his name has brought up the topic of moving, congratulations BTW, independence is a very big and important step into becoming a fully functional adult. You should be able to take care of yourself. At any rate, a discussion within my company about moving has been ongoing for a year now and we've finally decided to relocate to a new state, offices and lab spaces have been rented while a new hq is being constructed. This is great news because I wholeheartedly believe in the move and even pushed for it because we're moving to a state with lower taxes and lower regulation where we can make more profit and conduct our business more freely and I get a big promotion out of it. On the other side I have to leave a city I've come to consider home, I love Philly and my eagles and have become comfortable here and consider myself a Philadelphian even tho I wasn't born or raised here nor did I go to university here, I will also lose around 40% of my team as they can't relocate for various reasons including families and romantic relationships or just not wanting to move. I hand picked these people and trained them myself, I've broken bread with them, met their families, they've watched my dog for me when I was away, I even bailed one of them out when she got herself arrested over silly nonsense, it felt good that she trusted me, her boss, to be her phone call from jail at 2 am.  This makes me feel anxious because I feel these people have helped me get better at interpersonal intimacy and now this growth is getting cut short without me being able to varify if I was actually making any improvements. Not to mention the fact that I have to replace all of them and even expand the team and with my rigorous screening and scouting process it'll take an unacceptable amount of time before we're running on peak efficiency again. Not to mention the potatoes I just planted and the fact that I now have to sell my house (I could rent it out I guess but I'll be an absentee land lord but I suppose I could engage a third party to maintain it as land lord for a fee or percentage, considerations to be had. Anyone has experience or advice for renting out property? )/rant 

Eastern Europe was nice but I had to cut the trip short on account of business, didn't get to see Slovakia. 

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

What did you binge? 

Once upon a time :leaving: (this is very controversial in the EG) 

and I kinda get the complaints about the rocky logic with magic and the plot holes it produces, but I’m someone who watched PLL and this is nothing compared to that shit. Also certain characters are better (more complexly and more cohesively) written than those of D&D, so I’m STILL enjoying it. 

Welcome back, @Vin

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

How about laundry and cleaning and ironing and the whole shebang? :lol: But having your own place is really exciting nonetheless. Great to hear your housemates are cool, have a lot of fun with this experience! 

Do you truly believe a bunch of college students living on their own for the first time are spending any time ironing? :lol:

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Do you truly believe a bunch of college students living on their own for the first time are spending any time ironing? :lol:

:uhoh: sorry? Well, I suppose young guys wear a lot less stuff that needs to be ironed than girls? And I can see why they wouldn’t iron duvet covers and all. 

Archived