TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

19 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It was the first few nights, but I was pretty drunk for most of the first week, since that was the introduction week for new university students. So most nights I fell asleep right away. And now it's not really in issue anymore, since I've gotten more used to it.

:rofl:

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I made pudding.

Details! Making a delicious pudding is a cooking mountain I still have not climbed. I can make lasagna I love, a good quiche, great chocolate fudge, banana bread, scones and etc. but not pudding. :(

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

:uhoh: sorry? Well, I suppose young guys wear a lot less stuff that needs to be ironed than girls? And I can see why they wouldn’t iron duvet covers and all. 

Ironing? What's that? :P

6 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Details! Making a delicious pudding is a cooking mountain I still have not climbed. I can make lasagna I love, a good quiche, great chocolate fudge, banana bread, scones and etc. but not pudding. :(

Throwing a bag of store sold pudding mix and 1 tbs full regular unhealthy refined sugar into 0.5 l boiling lactose free milk? It's just my go to way of satisfying sweet cravings when I don't have any chocolate. 

Do ask Mrs. Chicken, I'm sure she can explain :lol: 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:uhoh: sorry? Well, I suppose young guys wear a lot less stuff that needs to be ironed than girls? And I can see why they wouldn’t iron duvet covers and all. 

I iron all the bedding in our house, is that me being weird? :unsure:.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Throwing a bag of store sold pudding mix and 1 tbs full regular unhealthy refined sugar into 0.5 l boiling lactose free milk? It's just my go to way of satisfying sweet cravings when I don't have any chocolate. 

Do ask Mrs. Chicken, I'm sure she can explain :lol: 

Darn. Was hoping you could tell me a good from scratch recipe.

Mrs.Chicken doesn't iron anything either. We gave our ironing board & iron to the chickee because she needed it in fashion design.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh my lord! Do you not have a yard to maintain, house to paint etc? Maybe I'm just lazy? :dunno:

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nope, I iron it too, but I see why that would be the first thing students skip ironing. 

Must be I'm lazy. :ohwell:

29 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Darn. Was hoping you could tell me a good from scratch recipe.

Mrs.Chicken doesn't iron anything either. We gave our ironing board & iron to the chickee because she needed it in fashion design.

Oh my lord! Do you not have a yard to maintain, house to paint etc? Maybe I'm just lazy? :dunno:

Must be I'm lazy. :ohwell:

No we get a gardner, I hate gardening, we have been painting ourselves though, it's actually quite fun!.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I did :dunno:

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

When I lived in a dorm, it was not even an option. When I lived in a shared flat, I tried to, but gave it up.

Ironing bedding is going to be the first thing from my parents' household that I drop when I move out for good.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I dunno, they wear a lot of shirts and they look like shit if unironed imo 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I do too. I iron pretty much everything

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Welcome back, @Vin

Thanks. It's funny having to cut a business trip for business lol

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Do you truly believe a bunch of college students living on their own for the first time are spending any time ironing? :lol:

In university when I was studying for my bachelor I ironed the clothes for half the dormitories for an extra stream of cash, I figured out that most students just wanted clean pressed clothes and no fancy treatments so I undercut the prices of the dry cleans around, plus my customer base lived in my same building so I offered to "deliver" clothes to their rooms for an extra fee and being the lazy bums they are they paid me. I did so many different things and jobs to get extra money, I even under cut research assistants to get their spots on projects lol

10 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

This is the one I use, it's very basic and nothing fancy about but it's simple and tasty. BTW temperature can affect how sweet it is. 

23 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hi Nicky, what’s that short for?

Samantha.

Ooooooof course. We all know Nicky, well, Samantha is going to have a solo in season 4.

I had to work till half past one during the night on something that I am very unsatisfied with, instead of joining good company for drinks like they invited me. Grumpy flower is grumpy.

Triple mentoring session tomorrow, and I am reading tomorrow evening, but at least my assignments for this course are going to be almost over then.

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Once upon a time :leaving: (this is very controversial in the EG) 

and I kinda get the complaints about the rocky logic with magic and the plot holes it produces, but I’m someone who watched PLL and this is nothing compared to that shit. Also certain characters are better (more complexly and more cohesively) written than those of D&D, so I’m STILL enjoying it. 

Welcome back, @Vin

I stopped watching a couple years back. It got too muddled for me. I like my silly magic/monsters/mayhem easy to follow. Which is why I’m a huge Supernatural fan girl. 

9 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I always want to cause it bugs me when it’s crinkled but I don’t have that kind of motivation when the hubster and spawn just demolish the beds I make. 

I get no respect I tell ya. 

1 hour ago, Vin said:

In university when I was studying for my bachelor I ironed the clothes for half the dormitories for an extra stream of cash, I figured out that most students just wanted clean pressed clothes and no fancy treatments so I undercut the prices of the dry cleans around, plus my customer base lived in my same building so I offered to "deliver" clothes to their rooms for an extra fee and being the lazy bums they are they paid me. I did so many different things and jobs to get extra money, I even under cut research assistants to get their spots on projects lol

This is the one I use, it's very basic and nothing fancy about but it's simple and tasty. BTW temperature can affect how sweet it is. 

Dang, that’s very creative and shrewd. I approve.  

Also, I stay away from gen chat at all costs. 

2 hours ago, Vin said:

Thanks, Vin. I will have to figure out a way to make it chocolatey, but it looks very doable, and delicious.

21 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Americans cannot make scones. That’s just a fact

18 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Dang, that’s very creative and shrewd. I approve.  

Also, I stay away from gen chat at all costs. 

You think that's shrewd? When I did my masters I convinced the professor and requisitions office to get a flip bed sofa and a minibar for the lab I worked in and to paint the walls black (my argument was that it'd be better for the motion track cameras we used to capture 3d  skeletal axis and would get us better results which was technically true and much cheaper than the aluminum and sheet deviders they wanted) all so I could sleep and practically live in the lab (I worked 24/7 in it anyway) and so I never paid rent through my whole masters program except when I wanted to get laid, I rented a 4 star hotel room for a night or went to the lady's place. 

18 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Thanks, Vin. I will have to figure out a way to make it chocolatey, but it looks very doable, and delicious.

Just add cocoa and melted chocolate. 

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Americans cannot make scones. That’s just a fact

True, it's in the declaration of independence  "we the people of these United States refuse to eat shitty dry scones anymore. " 

Archived