TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

So basically I am taking courses for 120 ECTS this year. Up to now, I have really managed to finish everything I have put my head into study-wise, but if I manage to pull this year off and not lose my mind completely, that will be a new high.

Or actually, only not lose my mind, even if I just manage a normal amount of ECTS in a year.

You still have summer! Not fair! I slept with my window open, as I do when it is warm outside, but then I woke up in the morning and it was cold. As in, autumnish. I don't want the summer to end. I am defying the weather by still wearing summer clothes today.

The text I am proofreading is just unnecessarily complicated.

Is ETCS the abbreviation for course credits? Isn’t the ideal number of credits for one semester is 30? I’m sure phd level deals with different numbers but that still sounds insane, you crazy not-ex student.  :eek: :eek: :eek: Please make sure you sleep in the next ten months.

Oh no, what’s not fair is that slo is so close to us and still has a much more reasonable weather. I want the cold. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is ETCS the abbreviation for course credits? Isn’t the ideal number of credits for one semester is 30? I’m sure phd level deals with different numbers but that still sounds insane, you crazy not-ex student.  :eek: :eek: :eek: Please make sure you sleep in the next ten months.

Oh no, what’s not fair is that slo is so close to us and still has a much more reasonable weather. I want the cold. 

Yeaaaaah ... it is. The usual number for a semester is indeed 30, or 60 in a year. Same in a PhD course. Only, well, the other program I am taking is basically half a MA all over again (teaching qualification, that I did not do the first time round), soooo ...

And obviously I still need to work to earn at least some money to cover this and stuff. The first few months especially are going to be brutal, or so I hear.

And to think I wanted to go up north to Vienna to visit a friend for a weekend ... there goes that, I suppose

Why would you ever want the cold? Summer clothing is so much more flattering and since I got over my awkwardness with my body image issues and stuff, all I want to do is wear short skirts and look cute in them, and have my skin sun-tanned. ;)

Anyway. After a long, tedious and quite disastrous season 5, ouat is actually doing fine in season 6 so far. Yes, it’s the same cycle as in season 1, but they sort of managed to add some spice and a fresh twist to things. 

There are a few massive plot holes, but Charmed was the same in this regard and so I’m letting it pass as a weakness of the genre. Anyway, I’m still watching it and I still not stopping until rumple gets his happy ending. 

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeaaaaah ... it is. The usual number for a semester is indeed 30, or 60 in a year. Same in a PhD course. Only, well, the other program I am taking is basically half a MA all over again (teaching qualification, that I did not do the first time round), soooo ...

And obviously I still need to work to earn at least some money to cover this and stuff. The first few months especially are going to be brutal, or so I hear.

And to think I wanted to go up north to Vienna to visit a friend for a weekend ... there goes that, I suppose

Why would you ever want the cold? Summer clothing is so much more flattering and since I got over my awkwardness with my body image issues and stuff, all I want to do is wear short skirts and look cute in them, and have my skin sun-tanned. ;)

You really are insane. :lol: I mean dedication and work ethic are great things, but seriously be mindful of your physical and mental health, because this is insane. 

I wanna go to vienna for my birthday, which I haven’t done last year because I ran out of money. Would be nice. 

Summer clothing is great while it’s 25c outside, I find nothing flattering about sweating through summer dresses and getting my thighs stick to everything in 30 and +C. Autumn clothing is cozier, more like me in coloring and just more like me. 

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I actually need to go pick something up from the school and talk about the next course (the one I am teaching, not the one I am taking) now. I hope this thread will be over when I come back!

I’ll be here doing what I can to ensure that :lol: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I’m assuming the course credits are different for your country. Here it was 30 credits per module, each module was one year, 4 modules per year, so 120 credits each year.but then the entire grading is different so :dunno:

10 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m assuming the course credits are different for your country. Here it was 30 credits per module, each module was one year, 4 modules per year, so 120 credits each year.but then the entire grading is different so :dunno:

My programs didn't do modules. We had subjects with different (often seemingly random) number of credits. 60 in one year. Theoretically 30 in a semester, but that could vary depending on what subjets you choose.

Thread is still alive, I see.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

You really are insane. :lol: I mean dedication and work ethic are great things, but seriously be mindful of your physical and mental health, because this is insane. 

I wanna go to vienna for my birthday, which I haven’t done last year because I ran out of money. Would be nice.

I'm just a student in looooove, I can't be held responsible for my actions!

And to be clear, I don't actually realistically expect to do it all in one year.

Ooooh, I so miss Vienna. And the supernatural entity to go with it and I want to talk about it!

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I'm just a student in looooove, I can't be held responsible for my actions!

And to be clear, I don't actually realistically expect to do it all in one year.

Ooooh, I so miss Vienna. And the supernatural entity to go with it and I want to talk about it!

Well doing it in two years actually sounds reasonable. Either way, good luck! :cheers: 

*points at leather couch* don’t hold back. 

I’m melting. It’s so hot so so so very hot. Or I’m climaxing or I don’t know but it’s very very hot. No, I’m not climaxing, it’s actually 31C and I’m downtown so there isn’t even oxygen. Pfffff, it’s sooooooo hot. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

My programs didn't do modules. We had subjects with different (often seemingly random) number of credits. 60 in one year. Theoretically 30 in a semester, but that could vary depending on what subjets you choose.

Thread is still alive, I see.

Modules basically are subjects (or subjects within a subject). So I study law, I have modules in property law, law of trusts, law of tort and the Russian legal system (as on example)

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Modules basically are subjects (or subjects within a subject). So I study law, I have modules in property law, law of trusts, law of tort and the Russian legal system (as on example)

Do criminal law and together we shall rule the Galaxy!.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well doing it in two years actually sounds reasonable. Either way, good luck! :cheers: 

*points at leather couch* don’t hold back.

Well, that is basically it. He is being nice and saying nice things and wants to see me and yesterday I only called him for a few words ... we ended up talking for a long time. Want him and cuddles. Not just any cuddles. His cuddles.

45 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I know what they are. ;) We just did not have them in my programs.

However, I certainly don't know what a tort is, but it sounds delicious. Probably because it sounds a lot like "torta", which means cake in my language, and I do like cake.

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, that is basically it. He is being nice and saying nice things and wants to see me and yesterday I only called him for a few words ... we ended up talking for a long time. Want him and cuddles. Not just any cuddles. His cuddles.

I know what they are. ;) We just did not have them in my programs.

However, I certainly don't know what a tort is, but it sounds delicious. Probably because it sounds a lot like "torta", which means cake in my language, and I do like cake.

This is Still up to your judgement and decision, does all this mean that it’s worth going on with? Considering all the circumstance. 

Torta, yeah! We have that word too :commie: 

and my god how is this thread still here? 

16 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

This is Still up to your judgement and decision, does all this mean that it’s worth going on with? Considering all the circumstance. 

Torta, yeah! We have that word too :commie: 

and my god how is this thread still here? 

I am not considering anything. I am pushing away all the rational thoughts about it. It is probably a mistake to even keep in contact and talk on the phone and rehash all the things and stuff. But I do not want to think about it.

Torta! But now we are probably giving some clueless people from not-postage-stamp-sized countries the wrong impression that our languages are really similar.

And yes, asking the real questions! :commie:

Archived