TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

3 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths is considered a dull affair.

If a Dothraki wedding has three deaths think what a Sith wedding will be like :P.

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Awww, that’s the Best kind. Huge and princessy and dreamy...! Aww. 

I’ve always wanted a big white princessy wedding dress, it really helps that we’re both on the same page with the planning too.

Also, just over 2 weeks until my trip to New York :commie:, starting to get a bit excited now :D.

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nah, not incorporated. It’s a petty little hobby firm of some people who moved on to build a more financially rewarding business, so It’s basically their geeky step-child now, which is kept around because it cleans the house and polishes the sports car of its younger and way cooler brother, but otherwise there’s no love or perspective for it. Sorry for the dumb metaphor. Bottomline is, shitty pay, morally questionable practices, hypocritical values, manipulative management. 

Yeah, thanks. 

Soooooo, sister’s birthday party is done. According to the intel I have it was quite successful. But I’m sure I’ll hear her side of the story too, as soon as she scrambles out of bed. I half wish I had travelled there yesterday and attempted to crash it. I wasn’t on the list so who knows if they would have let me in to take advantage of the free bar. Free for the guests at least. According to my informant, the free bar cost close to $1000, and bear in mind that’s more than the monthly average net income of an individaul in our lovely country. Kinda as though mini sith had drank away £2000 worth of milk on her 6 months bday. Well, sister claims it was rather pricey but still worth it, as she had to make up for three years of just going to other people’s parties and not throwing her own. She is however certain that she won’t be throwing another party as she would rather just enjoy herself and not take on the responsibility of hosting. Not that she did a lot of hosting, that was mostly managed by the person running the venue. I’m both scared and excited to hear her version of the night. 

It's one thing to be evil and hypocritical , but to be evil and incompetent is something that I cannot bear .

Sounds like way too much to spend on a birthday party. if you ask me ,only "parties" you should spend well on are weddings, funerals and regency era style  balls .

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I dig the Mistborn trilogy too. It's been ages since I read Sanderson though, I think The Alloy of Law was the last one.

I didn't have any, god bless. Long story but I just have a final assessment two days from now, which I think should be alright.

A lot is changing, which is mildly terrifying, but I'm pretty great at the moment. The last six months have been wonderful.

Yay, exciting :) 

If you haven't already, you should definitely read the way of kings . Excellent stuff . Yep alloy of the law . It was good but I not as good as most born trilogy imo .

Good luck .

So I went on that date . It was pretty nice (no , we didn't go to Ikea ,we went to the pier) she was funny (dry humor) and held an interesting conversation . Seeing her again on Wednesday . /meaningless rant 

12 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

If a Dothraki wedding has three deaths think what a Sith wedding will be like :P.

I didn't even think there is such a thing as a Sith wedding. They are so full of hate, the concept of love is so foreign to them, why would they organise a wedding?

8 hours ago, Vin said:

Sounds like way too much to spend on a birthday party. if you ask me ,only "parties" you should spend well on are weddings, funerals and regency era style  balls .

I, uh, agree. I am sorry, Rhae, but your sister's party sounds ... excessively lavish to me. :leaving:

8 hours ago, Vin said:

So I went on that date . It was pretty nice (no , we didn't go to Ikea ,we went to the pier) she was funny (dry humor) and held an interesting conversation . Seeing her again on Wednesday . /meaningless rant 

That is good to hear. *nods*

34 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I didn't even think there is such a thing as a Sith wedding. They are so full of hate, the concept of love is so foreign to them, why would they organise a wedding?

That isn’t true, the Sith embrace their feelings, including love not suppress them like their dull light sided counterparts :P.

I am in somewhat of a dilemma, as you know we have been looking for a new car as we both need one now and sharing isn’t practical now we’re a bit further out of London, am I way too young to drive a Volvo at 30?.

12 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’ve always wanted a big white princessy wedding dress, it really helps that we’re both on the same page with the planning too.

Three electrocutions? 

I want that too :bawl: and a Prince Charming on a black horse. 

7 hours ago, Vin said:

It's one thing to be evil and hypocritical , but to be evil and incompetent is something that I cannot bear .

Yeah, it’s everybody’s choice to decide what they tolerate and what they don’t. 

It really is way too much, but that’s what happens when you invite 45 people for free food and drinks. Per head, a €20-5 cost is not bad actually, but it’s a lot when it adds up. I can’t afford this kinda thing (and I don’t have 45 friends I would want to celebrate with), but she’s only 18 once and the splurge was offered to her so what’s there to do other than laugh? :dunno: at least I’m used to these kinds of anomalies. 

Funerals should have nothing to do with parties, IMO. Unless we call the small reception after the ceremony a party, per se. 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

That isn’t true, the Sith embrace their feelings, including love not suppress them like their dull light sided counterparts :P.

They only ever talk about hate. They know no love. Maybe they should all have these T-shirts

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Three electrocutions? 

I want that too :bawl: and a Prince Charming on a black horse. 

You can keep Prince Charming, the horse can stay though :P.

1 hour ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

They only ever talk about hate. They know no love. Maybe they should all have these T-shirts

That just is not true, they love lots of things, like torturing,killing,blowing up planets,ruling galaxies etc :D.

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I am in somewhat of a dilemma, as you know we have been looking for a new car as we both need one now and sharing isn’t practical now we’re a bit further out of London, am I way too young to drive a Volvo at 30?.

You’re 30. A grownass adult. You drive whatever the hell you want, be that a motorcycle, a Volvo or a star destroyer. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

You can keep Prince Charming, the horse can stay though :P.

That just is not true, they love lots of things, like torturing,killing,blowing up planets,ruling galaxies etc :D.

Who said it was an either or situation? I want both. And so I shall have both... in some time. Not too much, let’s hope. 

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Awww, that’s the Best kind. Huge and princessy and dreamy...! Aww. 

Well that’s kinda vague! But I’m glad things are going well and you’re enjoying life. Summer plans? 

Well, I'm quitting Journalism and going to study Philosophy, don't know if I mentioned that before. And there's a fair chance I'll be moving out of my parent's house in a month. So I'm kind of uprooting myself and starting over, which is simultaneously great and pretty scary.

Going to France again, with my parents and sister, and then a weekend in an undecided location with two friends. So definitely no complaints. You?

13 hours ago, Vin said:

If you haven't already, you should definitely read the way of kings . Excellent stuff . Yep alloy of the law . It was good but I not as good as most born trilogy imo .

I've read it and yeah, I really liked it. Words of Radiance has been sitting on my shelf for about a year now, but I do intend to read the rest.

Nice, being able to hold a conversation is a talent that's sorely lacking on most of my dates.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Nah. I mean, I do associate Volvos with 50-year-olds, but who the hell cares? They're really dependable and not too expensive (he said as if he knew a single thing about cars).

41 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Well, I'm quitting Journalism and going to study Philosophy, don't know if I mentioned that before. And there's a fair chance I'll be moving out of my parent's house in a month. So I'm kind of uprooting myself and starting over, which is simultaneously great and pretty scary.

Going to France again, with my parents and sister, and then a weekend in an undecided location with two friends. So definitely no complaints. You?

I've read it and yeah, I really liked it. Words of Radiance has been sitting on my shelf for about a year now, but I do intend to read the rest.

Nice, being able to hold a conversation is a talent that's sorely lacking on most of my dates.

Nah. I mean, I do associate Volvos with 50-year-olds, but who the hell cares? They're really dependable and not too expensive (he said as if he knew a single thing about cars).

Wooow, that sounds like a big deal! How did you come to this decision? My last info was that you were in a journalism program that involved lots of traveling and interesting topics. Btw, philosophy will be great, you’ll be so so smart *.* 

I’m working all June and July. Sister will be staying with me for a few weeks while she does a language course in the city. I have two weddings to attend, there’ll be a family vacation in August and that’s about it for summer. I will have another wedding to go to and two short trips with friends in autumn. 

Hah, I didn’t know such stereotype existed around Volvos. I’m not sure it exists here. I still think lord Sidious is adult enough to drive whatever the heck she wants. I hope I’ll be adult enough to not care about what people think one day too :eek: *dramatic exit* 

6 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I, uh, agree. I am sorry, Rhae, but your sister's party sounds ... excessively lavish to me. :leaving:

That is good to hear. *nods*

Love is a transcending force my dear flowery person .

Yep , BTW this is just an observation . I would never tell someone how to spend their hard earned wealth cause that's Marxism and we don't do that Here   

Thanks *nods back*

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, it’s everybody’s choice to decide what they tolerate and what they don’t. 

It really is way too much, but that’s what happens when you invite 45 people for free food and drinks. Per head, a €20-5 cost is not bad actually, but it’s a lot when it adds up. I can’t afford this kinda thing (and I don’t have 45 friends I would want to celebrate with), but she’s only 18 once and the splurge was offered to her so what’s there to do other than laugh? :dunno: at least I’m used to these kinds of anomalies. 

Funerals should have nothing to do with parties, IMO. Unless we call the small reception after the ceremony a party, per se. 

Not really in contention but yeah .

I don't even LIKE 45 people . But I appreciate the efficiency . I was already at uni on my 18th birthday so the celebration consisted of revision for an electromagnetics II exam .

I think funerals should be about remembering the good times and what better way than a classy party where everyone calls me a bastard after I've died ?

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Big changes mate , good luck with those although if your ultimate ambition is to write fiction for a living (you've mentioned it in the threads) then philosophy isn't the best fallback ? At any rate try not to descend into nihilism and good luck!

The French countryside is great , the cities not so much . Have fun .

Sanderson books don't last on my shelf , most books don't last on my shelf I'm a very fast reader :P

I know , right ? Who knew dentists could be so interesting to talk to ? (Or so pretty ;)

Volvos are good . I like volvos .

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

You’re 30. A grownass adult. You drive whatever the hell you want, be that a motorcycle, a Volvo or a star destroyer. 

Who said it was an either or situation? I want both. And so I shall have both... in some time. Not too much, let’s hope. 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wooow, that sounds like a big deal! How did you come to this decision? My last info was that you were in a journalism program that involved lots of traveling and interesting topics. Btw, philosophy will be great, you’ll be so so smart *.* 

I’m working all June and July. Sister will be staying with me for a few weeks while she does a language course in the city. I have two weddings to attend, there’ll be a family vacation in August and that’s about it for summer. I will have another wedding to go to and two short trips with friends in autumn. 

Hah, I didn’t know such stereotype existed around Volvos. I’m not sure it exists here. I still think lord Sidious is adult enough to drive whatever the heck she wants. I hope I’ll be adult enough to not care about what people think one day too :eek: *dramatic exit* 

Yeah, Volvos kind of have this safe,middle aged stereotype, but one of my main choices now we’ve got mini Sith is safety, the Tesla I test drove was nice but I have concerns about their safety and quality, We’ve looked at a few different things over the last couple of months and I really think it is between This or This .

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

All of these activities are based on hate, not love.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Many changes! Good luck with philosophy ... I am sorry to say that this is a field where you are not very likely to get a suitable job after you have finished with it, but then I am the last person to judge about that.

And I hope you manage to move, that is a big step. :)

1 hour ago, Vin said:

Love is a transcending force my dear flowery person .

Yep , BTW this is just an observation . I would never tell someone how to spend their hard earned wealth cause that's Marxism and we don't do that Here   

Thanks *nods back*

Not really in contention but yeah .

I don't even LIKE 45 people . But I appreciate the efficiency . I was already at uni on my 18th birthday so the celebration consisted of revision for an electromagnetics II exam .

I think funerals should be about remembering the good times and what better way than a classy party where everyone calls me a bastard after I've died ?

Yeah, it would be obscene to tell my company they should either buy us cell phones at least or pay our phone bills if they keep the byod policy before they lease bmws for the bosses. I mean that’s not even awkward in a totally flat organization that counts less than a dozen people. 

I don’t like 45 people either.

37 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah, Volvos kind of have this safe,middle aged stereotype, but one of my main choices now we’ve got mini Sith is safety, the Tesla I test drove was nice but I have concerns about their safety and quality, We’ve looked at a few different things over the last couple of months and I really think it is between This or This .

I like the second one more. Hope you find a suitable car for Mini sith’s needs. 

I’m freezing. And I’m bored. I Still don’t know what I’m paying the first class extra fee for... 

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Get a Rover .I'm a bit biased because that's what I drive but it's been excellent. 

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, it would be obscene to tell my company they should either buy us cell phones at least or pay our phone bills if they keep the byod policy before they lease bmws for the bosses. I mean that’s not even awkward in a totally flat organization that counts less than a dozen people. 

I don’t like 45 people either.

I like the second one more. Hope you find a suitable car for Mini sith’s needs. 

I’m freezing. And I’m bored. I Still don’t know what I’m paying the first class extra fee for... 

Die and let live . It's how the free market works , your company makes poor decisions and policies and goes belly up and another shall take its' place and be weighed and measured by the market and so on . Recall you yourself have said that people decide what they can and can't tolerate , if you can't then assume control and responsibility over you life's course and do something about it . There's nothing wrong with dissatisfaction with one's current circumstances or with having to put up with temporary bad ones . What is wrong is not having a goal and not working towards it . 

Hope this doesn't sound too preachy , I just know what it means to feel a bit stuck in life and thought I'd share what worked for me . :)

7 hours ago, Vin said:

Get a Rover .I'm a bit biased because that's what I drive but it's been excellent. 

Die and let live . It's how the free market works , your company makes poor decisions and policies and goes belly up and another shall take its' place and be weighed and measured by the market and so on . Recall you yourself have said that people decide what they can and can't tolerate , if you can't then assume control and responsibility over you life's course and do something about it . There's nothing wrong with dissatisfaction with one's current circumstances or with having to put up with temporary bad ones . What is wrong is not having a goal and not working towards it . 

Hope this doesn't sound too preachy , I just know what it means to feel a bit stuck in life and thought I'd share what worked for me . :)

Yes, and People also decide how long they tolerate something. I tolerate my company till the end of the year because that’s the most beneficial decision tax-wise and the most comfortable vacation days-wise. Until such time, I choose to regularly channel my frustration through talking about it for the sake of my peace of mind. It might not seem so, but I do know what I’m doing (this time, at least).

It does, but that doesn’t mean you arent right.

Though I feel obliged to add that life is not a horse race, setting goals and working to achieve them are great, but should not rule one’s life. Life is the journey, not the destination or the train stops on the way where you get off to momentarily enjoy a good peeing and a bar of chocolate before you get back on the wagon. Have a chocolate on the train, stare out of the window, flip through a magazine, and yes, complain about the seat and your arse being sore too, if you need to, get up, walk along the aisle, have a coffee and sit back instead of gritting your teeth and suffering till you reach the next stop. 

Goodness me, the weather should stay like this all summer. It’s a perfect, sunny, 24C. All I need is coffee (or you know, that  artificial, everything free stuff I drink instead of coffee).

16 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

It doesn’t mean you can’t love doing them though!.

9 hours ago, Vin said:

I’ve had the Sport ones before and unfortunately one got stolen and the other was always having problems but I really liked both when they were in my possession and running!.

23 hours ago, Vin said:

Big changes mate , good luck with those although if your ultimate ambition is to write fiction for a living (you've mentioned it in the threads) then philosophy isn't the best fallback ? At any rate try not to descend into nihilism and good luck!

The French countryside is great , the cities not so much . Have fun .

Sanderson books don't last on my shelf , most books don't last on my shelf I'm a very fast reader :P

I know , right ? Who knew dentists could be so interesting to talk to ? (Or so pretty ;)

Volvos are good . I like volvos .

Thanks, and I know. Philosophy just really suits me, and I'll be developing skills I can use when writing fiction.

We'll be in the countryside, so no worries.

I read often but not fast, I own like 30 unread books.

22 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Many changes! Good luck with philosophy ... I am sorry to say that this is a field where you are not very likely to get a suitable job after you have finished with it, but then I am the last person to judge about that.

And I hope you manage to move, that is a big step. :)

Oh trust me, I know that :P I chose it because it suits my talents and interests, but I expect to work in a different field later.

Archived