TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

3 hours ago, The BelgianBear said:

Convince him whatever it is, will result in impotence. He'll get there at the speed of light.

:rofl:  this would the The Perfect solution in any other case and I will certainly remember it for future reference, but maybe not the most suitable approach to get my father to go to a doctor. 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am apparently a Siberian husky. And you?

HONK HONK!

I just didn't feel like representing Costa Rica anymore. And I wanted to be TTTNE-topical, so anteater Josh is jut right.

No idea, but I am sure many women worried about their husband's health would want to know.

I also kinda think they aren’t in the world cup any longer. But I might be totally wrong. 

I got Great Dane. 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:rofl:  this would the The Perfect solution in any other case and I will certainly remember it for future reference, but maybe not the most suitable approach to get my father to go to a doctor. 

Hmmm, maybe get your mum to tell him? Or a friend of his. Depending on how stubborn he is, you might need to set up a fake website.

13 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I also kinda think they aren’t in the world cup any longer. But I might be totally wrong. 

We're into the knockouts now, Costa Rica didn't make the cut. But glorious Belgium topped their group! So all is right with the world.

17 hours ago, The BelgianBear said:

Hmmm, maybe get your mum to tell him? Or a friend of his. Depending on how stubborn he is, you might need to set up a fake website.

We're into the knockouts now, Costa Rica didn't make the cut. But glorious Belgium topped their group! So all is right with the world.

I like the fake website! :cheers: 

all right, it may be, but this World Cup has been abundant in surprises. Germany not even in the top 16? Argentina, Portugal AND Spain not making the best 8? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

all right, it may be, but this World Cup has been abundant in surprises. Germany not even in the top 16? Argentina, Portugal AND Spain not making the best 8? 

Yeah it's a weird one. Makes it entertaining though.

Hey, there's spam to read back!

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Lady Olenna said:

15 pages of spam in only a few days??!!   Woohoo!! 

Sooooo, little Hannah made her way into the world on 6/11 at 7:57am :) we are all in love and she’s such a great baby! She sleeps and eats well and is so cute. Life is awesome :) 

Wonderful news, congratulations! :wub: Love the name too.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:49 AM, Buckwheat said:

It was a pleasant evening altogether, but it really cemented my knowledge that ... people just don't seem to want to be my friends. Or rather, the best friends I make are the ones that live in other countries and I have the misfortune of seeing them so seldom.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I felt like that for a few years too, strongly. And while I think you've worried about this longer than that, I want to stress that it did get a lot better. There are people out there who suit you and do want to spend time with you. Finding them can just take a longer time than you'd like.

16 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I felt like that for a few years too, strongly. And while I think you've worried about this longer than that, I want to stress that it did get a lot better. There are people out there who suit you and do want to spend time with you. Finding them can just take a longer time than you'd like.

No worries, I am mostly over that now.

Why do job interviews always make you feel lacking? I had one yesterday where I literally fit into all the requirements for the job - and still they asked me questions that made me feel like I was wasting everybody's time.

Of course now I can think of all sorts of better answers I could have given yesterday.

I have another interview tomorrow morning. I have been so stressed about this whole thing. I just keep craving sweets and want to cry all the time. And read completely unrelated stuff on the Internet to distract myself. Terrible.

Sorry to be such a downer. I just hope this whole uncertainty will be over soon and I hear back.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:47 PM, RhaenysBee said:

In other news, I'm rewatching Orphan Black. I quite forgot how steaming Paul was... or how much the castors annoyed me. 

Paul was hot. That scene with Rachel and the chair...mmmmmm.

castors bothered me less on my rewatch actually. And also, I totally called the return of Cody when I rewatched before season five! Bragging rights!

Wow, it’s probably a year now since the final season was airing. Weird feeling, where does time go?

On 6/28/2018 at 6:30 PM, Lady Olenna said:

15 pages of spam in only a few days??!!   Woohoo!! 

Sooooo, little Hannah made her way into the world on 6/11 at 7:57am :) we are all in love and she’s such a great baby! She sleeps and eats well and is so cute. Life is awesome :) 

Hope you’re all doing well :kiss: 

Congratulations my dear O :wub: I’m very happy for you. Hannah is a beautiful name

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Why do job interviews always make you feel lacking? I had one yesterday where I literally fit into all the requirements for the job - and still they asked me questions that made me feel like I was wasting everybody's time.

Of course now I can think of all sorts of better answers I could have given yesterday.

I have another interview tomorrow morning. I have been so stressed about this whole thing. I just keep craving sweets and want to cry all the time. And read completely unrelated stuff on the Internet to distract myself. Terrible.

Sorry to be such a downer. I just hope this whole uncertainty will be over soon and I hear back.

Interviews are terrible. I’ve only ever left one feeling good and that was purely the absolutely wonderful staff, from the receptionist to the interviewers to the nice people I saw in their offices. I didn5 get the job but there was a company who knew how to put you at ease.

i hope you feel better soon. Interviews are undeniably scary and overthinking in the aftermath is the norm for me too 

9 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Well that wasn’t nice to wake up to!, England won :(.

I’ve never been that phased by an interview but saying that I’ve not had that many of them to be fair.

Yeah I wasn't best pleased either, if only because it means more boisterous shifts at work :P otherwise I don't really care about the WC. Well, not true. I'm rooting for the motherland because I win £40 if they win, I drew them in the lucky dip at work.

Also I sent off my application for the LLM in Legal Practice last night (which is the LPC+LLM for those like Studious who understand what that means)

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah I wasn't best pleased either, if only because it means more boisterous shifts at work :P otherwise I don't really care about the WC. Well, not true. I'm rooting for the motherland because I win £40 if they win, I drew them in the lucky dip at work.

Also I sent off my application for the LLM in Legal Practice last night (which is the LPC+LLM for those like Studious who understand what that means)

I just hate all the noise and nonsense that goes with Rngland being in the WC so I like them to get knocked out early.

I usually support the US(half my nationality) or Russia to keep my fiancée happy.

Congrats!, I hope you get onto it, when would you be due to start?, next year I’m guessing?.

When you’re working I could come and do some freelance advocacy if needed :P, but most of the next decade is going one dedicated to raising the little apprentice and the sibling(s) which there has already been talk of getting to work on!.

I’m quite gutted that Croatia is going to play Russia in the quarter finals... I mean how am I supposed to decide who to support? 

I support England against Sweden and I don’t really care about the outcome of the other two matches, I’m fine with those either way. 

I was never particularly nervous during interviews, because I never quite felt like anything was at stake. Of course, I did altogether 4 real interviews the others were for intern positions that I already knew I was going to get or merely for practice for positions I knew I wasn’t going to take. This works for me, not sure how it would work for others, but my advice is to convince yourself that said interview doesn’t actually matter, because there are hundreds of other firms and positions you can go to because you are awesome. Cold, entitled, millennial confidence. 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I just hate all the noise and nonsense that goes with Rngland being in the WC so I like them to get knocked out early.

I usually support the US(half my nationality) or Russia to keep my fiancée happy.

Congrats!, I hope you get onto it, when would you be due to start?, next year I’m guessing?.

When you’re working I could come and do some freelance advocacy if needed :P, but most of the next decade is going one dedicated to raising the little apprentice and the sibling(s) which there has already been talk of getting to work on!.

Well working in a pub during the World Cup just amps the noise and nonesense up even further :P 

Thanks! It would be September 2018 intake so a few months time.

Exciting that you are already talking about siblings! :D if you don’t mind me asking, would you carry any future children? Or does your fiancé want to do so at some stage?

How long are you planning to take off work with Baby Sith?

42 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I was never particularly nervous during interviews, because I never quite felt like anything was at stake. Of course, I did altogether 4 real interviews the others were for intern positions that I already knew I was going to get or merely for practice for positions I knew I wasn’t going to take. This works for me, not sure how it would work for others, but my advice is to convince yourself that said interview doesn’t actually matter, because there are hundreds of other firms and positions you can go to because you are awesome. Cold, entitled, millennial confidence. 

Well, I feel like I am not getting any of these jobs anyway, so ... might as well not have stressed? I fumbled my way through everything and know I left a terrible impression. Kind of angry at myself.

One rejection email received, two to go, I guess. <_<

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I feel like I am not getting any of these jobs anyway, so ... might as well not have stressed? I fumbled my way through everything and know I left a terrible impression. Kind of angry at myself.

One rejection email received, two to go, I guess. <_<

It shows if you feel like you aren’t good enough for the job. I mean if you want to make someone believe something, you need to believe it yourself first.

I understand the frustration. Try to look at it as a practice run. Each interview you aren’t happy with makes you more experienced with interviews and improves your coping skills. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well working in a pub during the World Cup just amps the noise and nonesense up even further :P 

Thanks! It would be September 2018 intake so a few months time.

Exciting that you are already talking about siblings! :D if you don’t mind me asking, would you carry any future children? Or does your fiancé want to do so at some stage?

How long are you planning to take off work with Baby Sith?

Ugh I think I’d make an awful barmaid, although I am capable of possessing a sunny disposition when I want to!.

Oh, so this Autumn then?, I think I’d prefer that I’d be excited to get on with it and get qualified if I were you too :D.

Next time, my fiancée is definately doing the heavy lifting!.

Baby Sith needs a brother or sister for sure!, we be kind of talked about waiting until she’s 1 to start trying as we want roughly a 2 year age gap not much bigger than that.

I’m not planning to work until she’s at least started junior school.

Join the game!

37 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

It shows if you feel like you aren’t good enough for the job. I mean if you want to make someone believe something, you need to believe it yourself first.

I understand the frustration. Try to look at it as a practice run. Each interview you aren’t happy with makes you more experienced with interviews and improves your coping skills. 

I mean, for the one on Monday, I know I was fully qualified. I just know I am terrible at getting that across because I just hate bragging.

Well ... cannot really afford such things as "practice run" when the next opening for a similar position might appear literally 10 years from now.

Ah well. Pointless to overthink now.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:43 PM, Buckwheat said:

It is okay.

IDK, maybe. :dunno: Meeting a friend today was good to remind me that there are people who want to spend time with me and with whom I can share my stupid humour with. There are such people, really. Only I tend to meet them at international summer schools and during Erasmus, sooo ... after that ends, we end up in different parts of Europe.

The size of the country really has nothing to do with that. I mean, the size of your social circle cannot get any bigger than the number of people you can comfortably keep in contact with and meet often enough to say you are friends with them. And that does not change if you live in a bigger city or a bigger country. Plus ... going to another country for holiday/excursion/internship/work/study is really no problem for many young people in Europe, you know.

I am, however, quite introverted, that is true. I need quite some time to get comfortable with new people. I have also been told once - like five years ago, I guess? - that I gave them the impression I was not very approachable in the beginning (during uni classes).

Hehe. That is TTTNE for you, everybody just has to be friendly. ;)

Dogs are indeed wonderful.

That's nice to hear . Well I would wager that during these international summer school periods you were being a bit more open and trying new things because of the nature of these things and them being a limited opportunity . Maybe you could try to measure the degree of correlation between them and see if you can't decrease the angle .

Well , I would think the size of the living area can contribute to the size of the pool of NEW non repeated individual entries into your social circle but that's just a statistical quibble.

That can be worked on . Something to ponder is that if one told you that then chances are that many thought it but didn't say it . So again , something to work at.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, Buckwheat said:

What's important in the interview depends on your field and who's doing the interview. I have conducted many interviews when I hired my team and the process went as follows, I looked at their cv to see the credentials and what previous projects and research they worked on , I called the people who supervised their work , if I'm satisfied with all of that ,I bring them in for an interview where I kinda quiz their on the spot technical knowledge with some fundamentals ask them how they'd approach certain problems we'd already solved in the lab before. If I'm satisfied I give them a small piece of work to do for the week and review their work to see if it's any good (trust me reading code by someone who doesn't label their functions or clearly show their logic is a recorder disaster) . If I'm satisfied with all the above I invite them to lunch to see if I can tolerate them ,if I can they're hired .

Have been at work for the last 75 hours .don't know why I own a house. 

Archived