TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh, did I mention? Sister will be staying with me for a few weeks in July. That’s like a Targaryen birth. The gods toss up a coin to decide if it’s going to be greatness or madness. 

I expect many funny stories about that. :D Sister stories have been missing from this thread! :P

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

It’s not always to feed, sometimes she needs changing or just wants some attention or now is uncomfortable because of teething too, usually a couple of times though, although she seems to be quite regular and likes to wake up fully at 5/6 am EVERY day!.

Ooooh teething. That must be a joy. Poor baby. I hope she has a cooling rebel ship teether to chew on and destroy to ease her pain. And wow, I need her bio clock. I’m already dreading the 6:00  alarm tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I expect many funny stories about that. :D Sister stories have been missing from this thread! :P

Sister has been busy with grades, language exams, delegating tasks to me,  planning birthday parties and nervous breakdowns over the first two. I’m sure her 18th bday party will be a tale to tell, though. 

24 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ooooh teething. That must be a joy. Poor baby. I hope she has a cooling rebel ship teether to chew on and destroy to ease her pain. And wow, I need her bio clock. I’m already dreading the 6:00  alarm tomorrow. 

Sister has been busy with grades, language exams, delegating tasks to me,  planning birthday parties and nervous breakdowns over the first two. I’m sure her 18th bday party will be a tale to tell, though. 

That is exactly what she needs, or a Yoda one to chew and destroy :D.

It looks so uncomfortable for her, obviously I don’t remember what teething was like but I do remember getting my first adult teeth come through, and losing my baby teeth and it was so painful and unpleasant!.

11 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

That is exactly what she needs, or a Yoda one to chew and destroy :D.

It looks so uncomfortable for her, obviously I don’t remember what teething was like but I do remember getting my first adult teeth come through, and losing my baby teeth and it was so painful and unpleasant!.

I dont remember getting my adult teeth. I mean, I do, but I don’t remember if it was painful. 

I do remember sister and my cousin though. They both suffered a lot with teething. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I dont remember getting my adult teeth. I mean, I do, but I don’t remember if it was painful. 

I do remember sister and my cousin though. They both suffered a lot with teething. 

I remember getting losing some of my baby teeth and the ones when you’re 6-8/9 really hurt!, the later ones not so much, or maybe it was because I got used to it more.

I think by far the worst though we’re having my wisdom teeth removed!!.

1 hour ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

No idea, but I want to know more details about that situation. :D

Well I'm running about 150 gigs of raw data on an SVM so I kinda have nothing to do for some time and so have been more or less hanging around different departments at work and it seems my "boss" (she's not really my boss , she's technically above me on the ladder but has no input or influence over my department, my lab or my employees other than checking the requisition forms I sign and approve so I don't think it would make our work relationship awkward or anything, she's nice actually ) anyway a friend of hers came by to pick her up on Friday for a weekend thingy with their friends and apparently I was spotted hanging around the department with a colleague at the time and said friend has inquired about me to my "boss" who has propositioned me on behalf of said friend for next weekend . 

I stalled and said I'd give her an answer by Wednesday . I'm currently leaning towards "fuck it . Can't hurt ." But I feel that just invites bad luck :P

2 hours ago, Vin said:

Query : what is the appropriate answer when your boss wants to set you up on a date ?

Please put your energy into running a business profitable enough to pay me the average of my field instead of trying to run my private life for me. 

- that is, if you are fed up with your job like me. If not, say yes, because it’s bad luck to turn down an incoming offer. 

15 hours ago, Vin said:

Query : what is the appropriate answer when your boss wants to set you up on a date ?

This is potentially very inappropriate and I have to politely decline

57 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Which Josh is that?

Josh GROOOOOBAAAAAAAN. (Come now you had to be expecting that)

They uh who plays Peeta in HG I think

2 hours ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

Josh GROOOOOBAAAAAAAN. (Come now you had to be expecting that)

They uh who plays Peeta in HG I think

I actually wanted to link him, but feared that would be lame.

Oh, right, only he looks younger here. I had no idea that actor was called Josh too.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:35 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Please put your energy into running a business profitable enough to pay me the average of my field instead of trying to run my private life for me. 

- that is, if you are fed up with your job like me. If not, say yes, because it’s bad luck to turn down an incoming offer. 

Luckily for me and sadly for you I guess , I absolutely LOVE my job ! 

11 hours ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

Nah, that's too easy, gotta spice it up a bit . What's life without a disaster or two ? 

Went ahead and said yes if only to have an excuse to not go to a friend's party on the weekend. Besides who knows , it might go well .

No idea what the joshing is about .

10 hours ago, Vin said:

Went ahead and said yes if only to have an excuse to not go to a friend's party on the weekend. Besides who knows , it might go well .

Why would you want to avoid a friend's party?

Here is one Josh. Here is another Josh (he looks like the first Josh, only he is white). And there is the third Josh (alongside Rachel Bloom).

@Ella que debe ser Obedecid

Oh, I cannot continue in the other post, so here comes:

SWMBO (that is Ella que debe der Obedecid) posted a fourth Josh, but that one is irrelevant. (How are my references, H? :leer: )

We are due an apocalypse! Just like the movie I Am Legend, but not like that at all!

4 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Why would you want to avoid a friend's party?

Here is one Josh. Here is another Josh (he looks like the first Josh, only he is white). And there is the third Josh (alongside Rachel Bloom).

@Ella que debe ser Obedecid

Because sometimes one is not in the mood for a loud party full of drunk people. Something more quiet is in order this week .

Hmm , I'll pretend I understand.

19 hours ago, Vin said:

Luckily for me and sadly for you I guess , I absolutely LOVE my job ! 

Nah, that's too easy, gotta spice it up a bit . What's life without a disaster or two ? 

I hope we’re invited to the wedding :P.

I also have no idea what this Josh stuff is either, is it your latest conquest Helena?.

Archived