TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

The Josh stuff has to do with this tv show Crazy Ex Girlfriend that Buckwheat And Helena are obsessed with. Josh is the guy whose crazy ex girlfriend the show is about. There are other Joshes in and related to the show, that’s what the plural has to do with. And yay, I just wrote three sentences in a row that end with a preposition. Shite. 

@Lord Sidious and @Vin need to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend if they want to understand the plurality of Joshes. (At this point, I think there should be a collective noun for Joshes. "An obsession of Joshes" - How does that sound, @Helenas Musikautomat?)

One language course over, everybody passed! Now I am correcting the tests for the other group ... not everybody passes in this one. :/

2 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

@Lord Sidious and @Vin need to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend if they want to understand the plurality of Joshes. (At this point, I think there should be a collective noun for Joshes. "An obsession of Joshes" - How does that sound, @Helenas Musikautomat?)

One language course over, everybody passed! Now I am correcting the tests for the other group ... not everybody passes in this one. :/

I like an obsession of joshes...or maybe a fuckton, though that already applies to cats....

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The Josh stuff has to do with this tv show Crazy Ex Girlfriend that Buckwheat And Helena are obsessed with. Josh is the guy whose crazy ex girlfriend the show is about. There are other Joshes in and related to the show, that’s what the plural has to do with. And yay, I just wrote three sentences in a row that end with a preposition. Shite. 

You mean: "three sentences in a row that that have a preposition that the sentence ends with?"

9 minutes ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

I like an obsession of joshes...or maybe a fuckton, though that already applies to cats....

I think An obsession of Joshes needs to be the thread title for CXG, if we ever come to 20 pages with the current one. :P

2 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

You mean: "three sentences in a row that that have a preposition that the sentence ends with?"

I think An obsession of Joshes needs to be the thread title for CXG, if we ever come to 20 pages with the current one. :P

When season 4 starts I was thinking of a new thread titled Back in Action 

10 minutes ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

When season 4 starts I was thinking of a new thread titled Back in Action 

That one is good too. (Also, I am relieved I am not the only one who thinks of such nonsense as punny thread titles for barely known shows. :leaving: )

Speaking of season 4, I think they just published the date of the first episode recently!

4 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

That one is good too. (Also, I am relieved I am not the only one who thinks of such nonsense as punny thread titles for barely known shows. :leaving: )

Speaking of season 4, I think they just published the date of the first episode recently!

Oh definitely not! I have loads in mind actually. My current favourite is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S4: Strip away my Spoilers.

really? Somehow I missed that! I must go research obsessively!

10 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Yes :( 

God has a weird sense of humor day today. I’ve been counting the days off till my doctor’s appointment in the afternoon  and then this morning nature says bamm, nope. I managed to reschedule for next Thursday but come on... another week of hypochondriac paranoia?  And, I even got a fine for traveling with an expired monthly ticket - at the exit of the last stop to my 8 o’clock meeting... and I spilled coffee on my feet. on the upside, I’m wearing cheap shoes. 

21 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I prefer being a crazy ex girlfriend :P.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:03 PM, Lord Sidious said:

I hope we’re invited to the wedding :P.

I also have no idea what this Josh stuff is either, is it your latest conquest Helena?.

I dunno about that , marriage is a scary thing for men in the US these days .but who knows  (cool gifts are expected!)

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

If I were a highschool literature teacher I'd say that the writer's style of ending on prepositions is a reference and symbolism of the turbulent and accelerating changes and instability  in their young life at the time.

See , totally salvageable and not at all BS .

22 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Checked a bit out ... how about no ?

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes :( 

God has a weird sense of humor day today. I’ve been counting the days off till my doctor’s appointment in the afternoon  and then this morning nature says bamm, nope. I managed to reschedule for next Thursday but come on... another week of hypochondriac paranoia?  And, I even got a fine for traveling with an expired monthly ticket - at the exit of the last stop to my 8 o’clock meeting... and I spilled coffee on my feet. on the upside, I’m wearing cheap shoes. 

You need a cheese steak . A damn good one . 

So several rooms in my lab are getting retrofitted to accommodate some of my new toys and a new hvac system for the server towers,  so I'm just sitting in big pile of mess eating cookies with the team . Nice .

2 hours ago, Vin said:

I dunno about that , marriage is a scary thing for men in the US these days .but who knows  (cool gifts are expected!)

If I were a highschool literature teacher I'd say that the writer's style of ending on prepositions is a reference and symbolism of the turbulent and accelerating changes and instability  in their young life at the time.

See , totally salvageable and not at all BS .

Checked a bit out ... how about no ?

You need a cheese steak . A damn good one . 

So several rooms in my lab are getting retrofitted to accommodate some of my new toys and a new hvac system for the server towers,  so I'm just sitting in big pile of mess eating cookies with the team . Nice .

Why do you think so, if I’m not indiscreet? 

If I were a high school literature teacher I would just say the writer’s English sucks. 

Can’t I just have a steak without cheese? Medium well with glazed carrots and grilled courgette? 

What exactly is your job? 

9 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Why do you think so, if I’m not indiscreet? 

If I were a high school literature teacher I would just say the writer’s English sucks. 

Can’t I just have a steak without cheese? Medium well with glazed carrots and grilled courgette? 

What exactly is your job? 

Sure , it's multifaceted so I'll try to elaborate each .

The first is a legal issue where the overwhelming majority of judges rule (and seem to be taught) to take the wife's side in a case of divorce concerning alimony, child support and child custody (this one especially since the default legal position isn't joint custody but maternal custody.) So it feels like a stacked deck with little protection for father's rights .

The second is a cultural issue , it seems ,at least here in the US and in cities in particular, that people have moved on from marriage as a legitimate cornerstone to build your life around and think of it more as just a piece of paper you tack on to file joint tax reports . I'm somewhat traditional in my idea of marriage,in the sense that it's a lifetime partnership of respect and compromise and love /appreciation .the two don't seem to like up you see .

Third , my parents marriage has always been very cold . I know they care about each other but they're extremely professional and I think it affected my ability to build sincere relationships especially since I left home at around 15 and 9 months and haven't seen my parents except on holiday's since .

So yeah , there you go .

Nah , gotta flex that liberal arts degree muscle ! 

You can but nothing will ever do you in like a genuine Philly cheese steak .

I run a research and development laboratory.  

8 hours ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

@El trigo sarraceno

crazy ex live videos are up! Look at whiJo being Heather!

I don't understand what Gabrielle Ruiz shouts at the beginning.

12 minutes ago, Vin said:

The first is a legal issue where the overwhelming majority of judges rule (and seem to be taught) to take the wife's side in a case of divorce concerning alimony, child support and child custody (this one especially since the default legal position isn't joint custody but maternal custody.) So it feels like a stacked deck with little protection for father's rights .

But fathers also love their daughters (not in a creepy way)!

3 hours ago, Vin said:

I’m getting married and I’m super excited about it, but I’m neither a man nor in the US :D.

I do agree with you though, I don’t think people take marriage as seriously as they ought to.

1 hour ago, Vin said:

Sure , it's multifaceted so I'll try to elaborate each .

The second is a cultural issue , it seems ,at least here in the US and in cities in particular, that people have moved on from marriage as a legitimate cornerstone to build your life around and think of it more as just a piece of paper you tack on to file joint tax reports . I'm somewhat traditional in my idea of marriage,in the sense that it's a lifetime partnership of respect and compromise and love /appreciation .the two don't seem to like up you see .

Third , my parents marriage has always been very cold . I know they care about each other but they're extremely professional and I think it affected my ability to build sincere relationships especially since I left home at around 15 and 9 months and haven't seen my parents except on holiday's since .

So yeah , there you go .

Nah , gotta flex that liberal arts degree muscle ! 

You can but nothing will ever do you in like a genuine Philly cheese steak .

I run a research and development laboratory.  

I see, that’s very complex. 

I always wanted a liberal arts degree.

I don’t think I’m closer to an answer :lol: it’s funny how there are so many kinds of occupations these days that 6-7 out of 10 times I’ll ask someone what they do for a living and I won’t know even after they tell me. I have no clue what some of my friends’ jobs are either. 

32 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m getting married and I’m super excited about it, but I’m neither a man nor in the US :D.

I do agree with you though, I don’t think people take marriage as seriously as they ought to.

:commie: when’s your wedding? 

1 hour ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I don't understand what Gabrielle Ruiz shouts at the beginning.

But fathers also love their daughters (not in a creepy way)!

This is so ...wholesome :lol:

39 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Congratulations ! Hope it's everything you want to be :grouphug:

Yeah , from my personal experience in dating , a lot of women I knew didn't even seriously consider marriage as a big part of their future which I didn't like .

5 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I see, that’s very complex. 

I always wanted a liberal arts degree.

I don’t think I’m closer to an answer :lol: it’s funny how there are so many kinds of occupations these days that 6-7 out of 10 times I’ll ask someone what they do for a living and I won’t know even after they tell me. I have no clue what some of my friends’ jobs are either. 

:commie: when’s your wedding? 

Kinda but not really . Marriage has usually been associated with religious communities and now Christian culture hegemony over the US , at least in interpersonal relationships, has been pulled apart . People are much more likely to identify as non religious and so fail to see value in marriage outside of the religious frame . Well I guess it is complex , never mind lol .

How about this , I'll tell you my degrees and we'll see if we're any closer .

I have a double major in electrical engineering and communication engineering , a minor in economics , a masters in signal processing and analysis and a masters in digital electronics design. 

Kurz gesagt  I and my team work at a lab where we do science !

51 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Welcome Vin, is that Vin from Mistborn in your avatar?

And hi to the rest. I've been online less than usual, but my summer break has basically begun already, so I'll remedy that.

Why yes it is ! I love vin and Brandon Sanderson books in general, hence the username. Also it kinda sounds like my name so that's a bonus . Also thanks for the welcome stranger :)

Archived