Out of Context Quotes

JaneSnow

Best out of context quote? A few I find amusing are 

"Dick," She called urgently, "to me"

-Brienne IV AFFC

Yes, I should have come sooner. If not for my Hand, I might not have come at all.

- Jon XI ASOS

Renly will scarce have unlimbered his siege engines before Father takes him in the rear. 

-Tyrion V ACOK

"Yet he could scarcely tell Lord Mormont that it was another man's sword he dreamt of…"

- Jon VIII AGOT

Pyp called out, "Well, come about, let's have a look."

"At what?" Jon said.

Toad sidled close. "Your rosy butt cheeks, what else?"

"The sword," Grenn stated. "We want to see the sword."

-Jon VIII AGOT

take the ironmen in the rear while they are beating off what they think is my main thrust up the causeway

-Catelyn V Agot

if truth be told, he had not been sad to see the back of her.

-Davos III Acok

Then come,” said Barristan the Bold. Khrazz came

-The Kingbreaker Adwd

The boy's not to be molested. 

The Mystery Knight

Unlace your breeches and pull 'em down...Over there, against the oak. Yes, like that." She wrapped her arms around the trunk and pressed her face to the rough wood. "You scream now. You scream loud."

-Arya I Acok

8 hours ago, Megorova said:

Majority of readers wouldn't even notice those "slips". So maybe they are actually intentional. In that way author or editors are making fun of unaware readers.

Given how he names things like the tits that the Brackens and Blackwoods are fighting over, it wouldn't surprise me. 

I noticed a few of these, but they are much funnier when read in a row with no extra text surrounding them. I hope people can think of some more. I wish I could think of some off the top of my head, but my mind is failing me.

In the context of Theon's missing junk:

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

Dany in the markets of Vase Dothrak"

"Oh look, those are the kind of sausages I meant."... Delighted with her discovery, Dany insisted the others join her for a sausage.

Maybe this is out of place in all the seamy sexual innuendo, but in Game of Thrones, Tyrion 5

A narrow weirwood door stood between two slender marble pillars, a crescent moon carved in the white wood.

It's the ever popular "Moon Door" aka The King's Justice. But ... the description also matches the traditional outhouse, or privy.

ACOK, Davos II:

The men of your garrison will be free to enter my service or to return unmolested to their homes.

Which means, that those that will become Stanni's servants, will be molested.

17 hours ago, zandru said:

Maybe this is out of place in all the seamy sexual innuendo, but in Game of Thrones, Tyrion 5

A narrow weirwood door stood between two slender marble pillars, a crescent moon carved in the white wood.

It's the ever popular "Moon Door" aka The King's Justice. But ... the description also matches the traditional outhouse, or privy.

Why is that reminiscent of a privy (besides the suggestive fact that it's called a *moon* door...)?

1] Edd describing his dream...

"Just last night I dreamt I was pissing off the Wall when someone decided to give the horn a toot. Not that I'm complaining''

2] Jon making sure Satin shook well after peeing, even if the technique suggested is somewhat extreme.... 

''Satin pissed himself when the horns blew, but Jon pretended not to notice. "Go shake Dick by the shoulder," he told the Oldtown boy''

Archived