Which crown will secret Targaryens wear when they take the throne?

Aegon I's crown was lost at Dorne 150 years ago when Daeron I was killed. If the Dornish had the crown, one would expect that they would have given it back when Daeron II married them into the realm. So I'd say it's very unlikely that we'll see this crown again.

I'd assume that the only crowns that would be available at King's Landing are the golden circlet of Aegon III and V, the spiked crown of Maekar and Jaehaerys, and the cumbersome crown of Aegon IV and the Mad King. Given the bad press that those last kings have, if I were king I'd go for the spikes (If I want to give a martial vibe) or the circlet (if I'd wanted to seem fair and peaceful)

Dany already has a crown. She doesn't need another.

Aegon might have one of the traditional Targaryen crowns in one of those chests. Which one is difficult to say. The Conqueror's crown seems to be lost, but Varys and Illyrio could have found it or made a replica of it.

Aside from the Unworthy's crown and Maekar's crown - which might actually be the crown Robert wore, considering that it didn't have any dragon imagery and there is no indication at this point he had a new crown made - there is also King Aenys' golden crown with the figurines of the Seven inlaid in pearl and silver out there.

That one could help Aegon to suck up to the new High Septon and the sparrows. And it is also the crown with which Jaehaerys I was originally crowned, so there is positive symbolism around that one.

But since the most recent crown worn by a Targaryen king was the Unworthy's crown it is not unlikely that Aegon might end up wearing that one.

Aegon III's modest circlet - last worn by Aegon V - may have been destroyed at Summerhall (being the explanation as to why Jaehaerys II didn't wear it), so I'm not expecting that one to show up.

Daenerys is the Alpha among the Targaryens.  I don't think she will stop at Westeros.  Actually, most of Essos will be hers before she even leaves for Westeros.  That is what I think.  A new crown, fit for an Empress will be made for her.   The design will incorporate symbols from the people that make up the new empire.  The dragon will be the dominant design element.  

Let us repeat the known histories of past Crowns:

Crown of Aegon I:

not Aenys

Maegor

not Jaehaerys I

not Viserys I

Aegon II

Regent Aemond

not Aegon III

Daeron I

lost in Dorne with Daeron I

not mentioned as returned, despite opportunities

therefore evidently irretrievably lost.

Crown of Aenys

not Maegor

Jaehaerys I

not used since.

Crown of Jaehaerys I

Viserys I

Rhaenyra

sold by her, not used since.

Crown of Aegon III

not Daeron I

not Baelor I

Viserys II

not Aegon IV

not Daeron II

not Aerys I

not Maekar

Aegon V

may have been destroyed in Summerhall

Etc...

But how would Daenerys like to wear Rhaella´s crown?

Think of it. Viserys´ sale of Rhaella´s crown to survive was a major trauma for Viserys and Daenerys, and this was the motive for her to not sell the new crown she got as a gift.

It was a few years ago. The actual Crown of Rhaella may have been broken up for jewels - or it may have been bought as a complete item.

If it is extant as a complete item, now that Daenerys is a rising star, someone in Western Essos might get the idea to try and suck up to her by buying her mother´s crown and returning it to her as a gift. If this has not happened yet, it is because travel has taken time.

If Daenerys gets Rhaella´s crown for a gift - would she wear it?

It has a history - but by now, so has the crown under which she had led her conquests.

4 hours ago, Jaak said:

Let us repeat the known histories of past Crowns:

Crown of Aegon I:

not Aenys

Maegor

not Jaehaerys I

not Viserys I

Aegon II

Regent Aemond

not Aegon III

Daeron I

lost in Dorne with Daeron I

not mentioned as returned, despite opportunities

therefore evidently irretrievably lost.

Crown of Aenys

not Maegor

Jaehaerys I

not used since.

Crown of Jaehaerys I

Viserys I

Rhaenyra

sold by her, not used since.

Crown of Aegon III

not Daeron I

not Baelor I

Viserys II

not Aegon IV

not Daeron II

not Aerys I

not Maekar

Aegon V

may have been destroyed in Summerhall

Etc...

But how would Daenerys like to wear Rhaella´s crown?

Think of it. Viserys´ sale of Rhaella´s crown to survive was a major trauma for Viserys and Daenerys, and this was the motive for her to not sell the new crown she got as a gift.

It was a few years ago. The actual Crown of Rhaella may have been broken up for jewels - or it may have been bought as a complete item.

If it is extant as a complete item, now that Daenerys is a rising star, someone in Western Essos might get the idea to try and suck up to her by buying her mother´s crown and returning it to her as a gift. If this has not happened yet, it is because travel has taken time.

If Daenerys gets Rhaella´s crown for a gift - would she wear it?

It has a history - but by now, so has the crown under which she had led her conquests.

It is not impossible for Varys to have tracked down Queen Rhaella's crown and hide it away for the right moment.  Though I think Daenerys will want her own bespoke crown rather than one she inherited.  This is a better fit because she will rule the Seven Kingdoms but it will not be through inheritance but because of her own victories over her rivals.  

I am of the opinion that Aegon Griffin will sit on the throne for a short while.  He may also have his own crown made for him.  But before Aegon Griffin sits on the throne, another surprise "king" will sit for a short time, Jaime Lannister.  Jaime will probably have his own crown made too, with lion motifs to symbolize his house.  Cersei will also rule for a while, until Jaime takes her life.  

Making a shorter list of known crowns and their last known wearers:

Aegon I - s crown - Daeron I; lost in Dorne; never returned despite opportunities; probably they could not because they broke up their trophy rather than risk recapture.

1) Aenys I - s crown - Jaehaerys I had a new crown made; may be in Red Keep treasury

Jaehaerys I - s crown - sold by Rhaenyra, not reemerged, may have been destroyed

Aegon III - s crown - worn by Aegon V, may have been destroyed at Summerhall

Baelor I - s crown - wilted

2) Aegon IV-s crown - worn by Aerys II, must be in Red Keep

3) Maekar I-s crown - worn by Jaehaerys II, likely in Red Keep

Daemon´s crown - abdicated the Kingdom of Stepstones, which had four more Kings after him, may have passed on the crown, to be taken from the later kings

4) Alysanne´s crown - may be in Red Keep

5) Alicent´s crown - then worn by Helaena, may be in Red Keep

Rhaella´s crown - sold by Viserys III, may be around Essos

6) Joffrey´s crown - worn by Tommen

7) Stannis´ crown - worn by him

8) Selyse´s crown - worn by her

9) Renly´s crown - fate unknown. What did Loras do with it?

10) Cersei´s first crown - must be at Red Keep

11) Cersei´s second crown - at Red Keep or Baelor´s Sept

12) Margaery´s crown - at Red Keep or Baelor´s Sept

So... Does Aegon VI have a crown available at his camp?

Until he gets either Red Keep and its treasuries or items stolen from Red Keep, his options are:

a new made Crown

Rhaella´s crown bought back for him (his grandmother...)

Renly´s crown (if left in or around Storm´s End and retrieved)

On 5/24/2018 at 3:14 AM, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

Jon Snow - Crown of Aegon I which was favourite of Daeron I

Aegon VI or Varys - Crown of Aegon the Unworthy

Daenerys Crown of Aegon I or her own crown 

These characters will all die and therefore not take a throne

On 5/24/2018 at 3:14 AM, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

What about Tyrion?

He isn't a Targ. He is a Lannister 

Archived