All things Star Wars

Mosi Mynn

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

I assume it was because the lightning was the only thing keeping windu from chopping his head off . Looking like a bleached scrotum isn't ideal but I guess it beats decapitation ;)

Well not really since when he does stop Windu pussyfoots about for a bit anyway so that Anakin has time to hack off his arm

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well not really since when he does stop Windu pussyfoots about for a bit anyway so that Anakin has time to hack off his arm

I suppose but like many secrets from the prequels we can scratch that off on lazy shit writing . 

Can't believe that in 2018 you guys are still debating the merits (or lack thereof) of the prequels.

Spoiler - they were 95% trash, 5% cool stuff. Kinda like The Last Jedi, but worse.  

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Considering Luke had his hand cut off and survived a high fall, while Maul got cut in half and survived a high fall, I'd say Windu is still alive in exile somewhere. 

Wouldn't put it past Disney . It seems cheap cameos are their next big thing .but I wouldn't mind some Sam Jackson with badass lines .

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Can't believe that in 2018 you guys are still debating the merits (or lack thereof) of the prequels.

Spoiler - they were 95% trash, 5% cool stuff. Kinda like The Last Jedi, but worse.  

The prequels are the gift that keeps on giving . They died so we could have memes . 

31 minutes ago, Vin said:

Wouldn't put it past Disney . It seems cheap cameos are their next big thing .but I wouldn't mind some Sam Jackson with badass lines .

He can turn up at the end of bobs fett in s post credit scene saying he's putting together a team of very special individuals ...

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Don't think anyone was questioning that, more why the hell he kept the lightning going for so long. Like if you pick up a hot pan, you drop it. You don’t keep hold of it until the metal welds to your skin!

Maybe it's more like touching a live wire. He couldn't easily let go. :dunno:

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Considering Luke had his hand cut off and survived a high fall, while Maul got cut in half and survived a high fall, I'd say Windu is still alive in exile somewhere. Jedi love going into exile.

He was alive according to Lucas, pre Disney anyways.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

In a thread titled "All things Star Wars" all things Star Wars is being discussed. How insane!!! :P 

7 hours ago, Relic said:

This is a peculiar dialect.  It looks a lot like English but it's clearly incomprehensible and gibberish.  Perhaps some day we will discover its meaning.

7 hours ago, Vin said:

Maul was resurrected in the Clone Wars long before Disney got involved.  clearly they were setting him up to play a big baddie in future SOLO films; not just a cameo.

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

This is a peculiar dialect.  It looks a lot like English but it's clearly incomprehensible and gibberish.  Perhaps some day we will discover its meaning.

I'd translate for you but i ive already spent too much time talking about the prequels today. 

Revenge of the Sith is the only film I've seen where the novelization is better than the actual film. TPM and AoTC were atrocious as books too.

Matt MFing Stover. His other Star Wars books are excellent as well, along with his own Acts of Caine series.

15 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Maul was resurrected in the Clone Wars long before Disney got involved.  clearly they were setting him up to play a big baddie in future SOLO films; not just a cameo.

Yeah I know , watched it a couple of times and even then it was still silly imo ,especially with the spider legs and the fact that we know obi one randomly kills him later anyway . 

I think it would be great if they made a republic commando movie .

28 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Maul was resurrected in the Clone Wars long before Disney got involved.  [snip spoiler]

Spoiler tags would have been appreciated. Thanks.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

God dammit. Sorry.

Although in my defense, that was a few years ago and there have been several posts on these boards talking about Darth Maul in the present tense, so the cat was at least partly out of the bag.

No worries, it happens. Meant more on the latter comment than the former. I think Rebels has been out long enough that it wouldn't be considered a spoiler.

18 minutes ago, Vetrani Weekić said:

No worries, it happens. Meant more on the latter comment than the former. I think Rebels has been out long enough that it wouldn't be considered a spoiler.

The latter was mostly speculation on my part, but I do think Maul will be a big part of this series, if it happens.

15 hours ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

No, Force Awakens was a really fucking dumb guy (J.J. Abrams) getting to soft reboot a franchise and doing a pretty ok job of it when you consider that all the lens flares have probably caused brain damage.

The issues with that film are well documented and valid, but it succeeded in its primary goal of saying 'Hey, remember having fun at a Star Wars movie?'

And that's all it had to do, really.

Hmmmm...

Because I remember a general sense of having fun at the prequels when they first arrived too...it was after the shine were off and they were viewed a few more times that the truly glaring issues took hold and they found themselves ranked so low...I didn't have that sense of fun with Force Awakens...it felt ham fisted and seemed like a deliberate attempt to keep the fanboys happy after the prequels by not moving anything forward, instead going backward in a brilliant lens flare...

Which is, despite some of the issues I have with it overall, that The Last Jedi is a superior film.  It was looking to move Star Wars beyond episode IV - VI...

Archived