All things Star Wars

Mosi Mynn

12 hours ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Have you never seen the Plinkett reviews? Watch them. Legit more entertaining than any SW movie but the Holy Trilogy.

Plinkett's choice of voice tone is really irritating to me. I know he does it on purpose, but it's hard to sit through those videos.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

He was disguised as a tall jawa.

THAT's why the sand people ran when he came walking up with that bizarre scream.

"OMG! It's that mutant jawa! He can't even say Utini! right!"

I fanwank Obi-Wan and Yoda hiding in the same way that Sidious hid - they basically disguised their presence in the Force and cloaked themselves, using much of their energy simply blending with the life. Somewhat like what Luke did in Ep 8, but not quite as drastic. 

Sad to hear. I was really looking forward to an Obi Wan movie with McGregor. As imperfect as it was, Solo was more a victim of a crowded summer movie season.

We usually only go to 2-3 movies a year. It's only June and we've already been 3 times (BP, IW, and Solo). We may end up back in the theater this weekend for Jurassic World, though Ant Man and Wasp will probably be a rental. 

Werthead mentioned that Palpatine’s disfiguration is the worst scene in the entire saga; I can’t agree with that after just re-watching the weirdly edited scene where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan run away from the droidekas, using Force Speed apparently, an ability never to be used again.

Force Speed is used extremely liberally in the Expanded Universe, especially in the video games, and The Phantom Menace shouts out to the EU a lot (also with Coruscant etc), so it wasn't quite that obscure at the time.

27 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Eh, I remain skeptical til I see official news.

I hope it's not true. but if it is Disney/Lucasfilm probably isn't going to release a statement on the status of two movies that were never actually officially announced. 

2 hours ago, Eriksen's New Mascot said:

Sad to hear. I was really looking forward to an Obi Wan movie with McGregor. As imperfect as it was, Solo was more a victim of a crowded summer movie season.

We usually only go to 2-3 movies a year. It's only June and we've already been 3 times (BP, IW, and Solo). We may end up back in the theater this weekend for Jurassic World, though Ant Man and Wasp will probably be a rental. 

The fact you aren’t considering going to see Incredibles 2 offends me greatly

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I hope it's not true. but if it is Disney/Lucasfilm probably isn't going to release a statement on the status of two movies that were never actually officially announced. 

Heh, yeah, good point. There's been virtually nothing announced about those officially.

14 hours ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

The fact you aren’t considering going to see Incredibles 2 offends me greatly

heh, Would I be redeemed a bit if I told you we watched the first one last week? :)

TBH, with my kids finally able to see older movies, we don't go see Disney/Pixar in the theaters anymore. But ew usually end up buying them on BR.

I don't get the love for R1.  It was very pretty, but the plot and characterization could fit on a thimble.  Run away to here.  Now we're here and we have to run away again.  And again.  I guess if people just like special effects and nothing else......I was bored to tears for most of this movie.  

18 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Eh, I remain skeptical til I see official news.

Well they are on hold not officially dead. Maybe Lucas's I'm will use the time to put some more effort into the concept rather than a "they'll keep it up" stance? Some time to maybe make future spun offs more appealing will be time well spent.

On the whole the focus should be on getting the TV show and the Johnson/D&B projects firing on all cylinders. I doubt any of the anthologies would be out until after episode xi and if they land the Ending of that film it would be healthy to have a 1-2 year gap before any more films appear. 

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't get the love for R1.  It was very pretty, but the plot and characterization could fit on a thimble.  Run away to here.  Now we're here and we have to run away again.  And again.  I guess if people just like special effects and nothing else......I was bored to tears for most of this movie.  

One of the things I liked most about it was that we didn't know these characters. It was all new, yes we knew the plans were stolen but had zero details. The fact that it didn't have the good guys winning at the end is a bonus for me, they all died and paid a price for what they were trying to do.  It wasn't  cute animals or cgi aliens to act off of. For the most part it was actors working with actors.

Then the fan boy in me loved the last part where a truly badass Vader came through like a wrecking ball. To me, that is what a sith lord should be like.

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

One of the things I liked most about it was that we didn't know these characters. It was all new, yes we knew the plans were stolen but had zero details. The fact that it didn't have the good guys winning at the end is a bonus for me, they all died and paid a price for what they were trying to do.  It wasn't  cute animals or cgi aliens to act off of. For the most part it was actors working with actors.

Then the fan boy in me loved the last part where a truly badass Vader came through like a wrecking ball. To me, that is what a sith lord should be like.

We didn't know the characters, who are dead now, so who cares, and to me they weren't really fleshed out much anyway.  And we already knew the story: Death Star, stolen plans, blah, blah.  Like I said, I don't get it, I didn't see it as inventive, but derivative.  I guess it can get some bonus points for not having any stupid cute aliens, but that doesn't count for much to me.  I thought it was a mediocre action movie and a mediocre to poorish Star Wars movie, with a hand full of good stuff.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

We didn't know the characters, who are dead now, so who cares, and to me they weren't really fleshed out much anyway.  And we already knew the story: Death Star, stolen plans, blah, blah.  Like I said, I don't get it, I didn't see it as inventive, but derivative.  I guess it can get some bonus points for not having any stupid cute aliens, but that doesn't count for much to me.  I thought it was a mediocre action movie and a mediocre to poorish Star Wars movie, with a hand full of good stuff.

Most movies in existence we don't know the characters before and after the movie is over we will never see them again, so...? Like I said in the other post, the inner fan boy in me liked it. 

Marvel used to do those What If? comics set in alternate universes. I know they're making Star Wars comics now and I'd love to see a What If? one where (Spoilers for Rebels / Maul:)

Maul won his re-match with Kenobi. It doesn't take him long to find Luke (his last name is Skywalker after all) and he trains him in the dark side of the force so together they can take down Vader and the Emperor. 

Archived