All things Star Wars

Mosi Mynn

I can't wait to see the Remake Avengers 4 groups popping up, and Star Wars IX, and whatever other sequel of a beloved franchise that didn't quite go the way they had already predicted in their little minds it would go.

8 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

They would deny it whether it's true or false, so their denial is meaningless.  

Plus I don't think they've ever announced any other anthology films so there's not much to deny. Far better to maintain they were never scheduled in the first place. I don't think they've ever even admitted to developing anything beyond the Boba fett announcement in relation to the anthology films.

2 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

Now if only they realize they can't rely on D&D for sustained quality.

70+ hours of a TV show is a bigger ask than 3+ films unless they wind up making a lot of films.

I'd be more concerned with how they fare as sole writers of the story but maybe the more action packed focus of the post book seasons of GOT would suit a star wars movie well?

1 minute ago, red snow said:

70+ hours of a TV show is a bigger ask than 3+ films unless they wind up making a lot of films.

I'd be more concerned with how they fare as sole writers of the story but maybe the more action packed focus of the post book seasons of GOT would suit a star wars movie well?

First, it's not clear the ask is for 3+ films, is it?  Second, even if they are doing another trilogy or some such, I'd be worried about their long-term commitment.  It clearly waned with GoT.  And I'm not even one of their haters, but reading between the lines it was apparent in interviews they wanted to expedite the finish to a show that made their careers.

Heh, if there are complaints about SW characters feeling shallow and uninteresting now just wait until D&D get a hold of them. I’ll be quick to admit I’m not a fan of theirs but even so I think most would agree their strengths don’t lie in character work

12 minutes ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

Heh, if there are complaints about SW characters feeling shallow and uninteresting now just wait until D&D get a hold of them. I’ll be quick to admit I’m not a fan of theirs but even so I think most would agree their strengths don’t lie in character work

It's beyond my comprehension how they got the SW gig.  I guess Benioff is one of those people who always falls up, if you know what I mean

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It's beyond my comprehension how they got the SW gig.  I guess Benioff is one of those people who always falls up, if you know what I mean

Yeah, it's weird how the creators of the most popular TV show in the last 10 years which became an anchor of an entire network were tasked with doing something similar for Star Wars. 

Such a mystery!

7 minutes ago, كالدب said:

Yeah, it's weird how the creators of the most popular TV show in the last 10 years which became an anchor of an entire network were tasked with doing something similar for Star Wars. 

Such a mystery!

Yeah, but they didn't ask GRRM to do it, they asked the guys who adapted the material instead, and whose script quality plummeted the second they no longer had source material to work from.

I think D&D are very solid and strong producers. Setting up and running the immense juggernaut that is the GoT production carnival every year for nine years is a huge achievement, and they've shown good judgement in choosing collaborators, directors, casting directors etc. But as actual writers of original, new material both are almost unproven, their only credits in that area being so-so novels, the most recent of which was written over a decade ago.

Archived