What if Joffrey carried out the threat he gave Sansa at her wedding?

norwaywolf123

At Sansa's wedding to Tyrion, Joffrey threatend to rape Sansa. Joffrey asked Sansa a socratic question, saying "it does not matter which Lannister put's a baby in Sansa", suggesting that Joffrey could do so instead or inspite of Tyrion. Joffrey suggested that he planned to do this as his drunk uncle Tyrion slept. In the end it was just a threat and Joffrey did not act on it. But what if Joffrey had raped Sansa?

Can't say it would change much. Joffrey was already pretty much universally hated at this point. Maybe it'd make thinks easier on Tyrion as he'd be able to pass off consummating the marriage, especially if Sansa got pregnant. Guess you could have irony points if Tyrion and Sansa plotted to assassinate Joffrey after this though.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:35 PM, Stormking902 said:

Then he raped Sansa?? .......

Joffrey is king and he does what he wants, Tyrion would be mad but has NO power to do anything about his anger and if he did do something his head would be put on a pike. 

Maybe Tyrion would not even know? Then he might believe that the child is his, after all it inherits Lannister features from Joffrey who is a pure blooded Lannister.

Maybe Tyrion would know that Joffrey raped Sansa. This would likely lead to further detoriation of Joffrey's relationship with Tyrion. Perhaps Tyrion would accept his nephew's biological child as his own?

Still the rape might not lead to pregnancy, and even if it does Sansa may miscarry or abort. Does anyone think it is likely that Sansa would abort willingly?

How far along would Sansa be if she got pregnant by Joffrey at her wedding night? For exampel how far along would she be at the purple wedding?

How would Lysa Tully nee Stark react to Sansa being raped and potentially impregnated by Joffrey?

How would Petyr Baelish react to Sansa being raped and potentially impregnated by Joffrey?

Would the news that Sansa was raped by Joffrey be widely known or would it be secret that few people knew?

6 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Can't say it would change much. Joffrey was already pretty much universally hated at this point. Maybe it'd make thinks easier on Tyrion as he'd be able to pass off consummating the marriage, especially if Sansa got pregnant. Guess you could have irony points if Tyrion and Sansa plotted to assassinate Joffrey after this though.

I think they would atleast be more keen on avoiding Joffrey. Perhaps moving to a castle in the Riverlands or the North?

• 5 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

Maybe Tyrion would not even know? Then he might believe that the child is his, after all it inherits Lannister features from Joffrey who is a pure blooded Lannister.

I'm confused by what you are saying here.  How could Tyrion think it was his kid? Unless you are saying he would have had sex with Sansa after said rape.  

The threat of the rape is very much in line with Joff's character.  Actually going through with it?  Ehh...I think not so much.  He'd rather watch her beaten and humiliated. 

The thing I found odd about Joffrey's quote is that he's officially a Baratheon, and he tends to disparage the Lannister side of his family. We know he's 100% Lannister on both sides, but the characters there shouldn't.

I know there's some speculation that Joffrey is only into sadism rather than sex. In that case he might not be willing to follow through on that threat.

16 hours ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

I'm confused by what you are saying here.  How could Tyrion think it was his kid? Unless you are saying he would have had sex with Sansa after said rape.  

Perhaps Tyrion would. Maybe even Sansa would want to consumate the marriage to get Tyrion to believe the child was his?

6 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

I think it would be the end of his engagement to Margeary Tyrell.

Nah, the Tyrells were already planning on marrying him to Margaery then killing him immediately afterward at this point. This would just give them extra incentive to proceed with their plan, and allow them to reassure themselves "Yep, we definitely did the right thing."

• 2 weeks later...

What a horrible proposition!  Let's be glad it did not happen.

But...If Joffrey raped Sansa on Sansa's wedding night, not much would change unless Sansa became pregnant.  I think Joffrey would have been capable of raping her; he enjoyed seeing Sansa frightened and physically hurt; it could have been a turn-on for him.  If Sansa became pregnant by Joffrey, Tyrion would become an even more likely suspect for poisoning Joffrey later.  Sansa was physically rather young to have a successful pregnancy and childbirth; she was 12, I think, at the time of her wedding to Tyrion and only recently 'flowered'; she could well have died.  Any child she had would have legally been Tyrion's issue; if the child had lived, I doubt it would have been any threat to Joffrey and Margaery's wedding; the Tyrells were determined to make Margaery a queen.  

Archived