Could resurrected person produce an heir to Winterfell?

I think it depends. If it's a partial resurrection where the heart is no longer beating, they don't need to eat or sleep etc. then it seems unlikely. If it is a full resurrection where all other bodily functions seem normal then yes. Or if said person was in a comma/hibernation state with a slowed heart rate from being on the ice and not really dead, then obviously they could. And I do suspect that this may be the case, and that breathing fire into them will warm them up and wake them, and they were not truly dead. But who knows.

Good question!

In a land where seemingly fossilized eggs can hatch into dragons, I suppose it’s up to George.

It would be shocking if Lady SH, or Coldhands or a wight had a child. Jon seems possible, as he may have fire and ice genes? Maybe he needs a fiery consort?

As far as inheriting Winterfell goes, I doubt that’s covered legally. Rights for Revenants!

So and so may inherit blah blah, as long as they haven’t been dead for more than x amount of time. Could be tricky! It probably would depend on popular support.

As far as being fertile goes....???

Maybe Alys Karstark and Tormund will have some offspring that will take precedence, over the rights of those of the formerly dead. Arya seems like she’s busy. Rickon may end up dead, dead, or need a regent. Sansa may have another job. Bran is a tree. Robb would have needed to have impregnated Jeyne. The Bolton’s would need to be evicted or its them. What if someone has the mind of a Stark, but they have warged a Frey?

Ned seems out of the running for having more children, unless there is quite a twist.

Archived