Claimants for Azor Ahai

Hugorfonics

5 minutes ago, Chancho said:

Drogo was already a vegetable, don't seems like a true sacrifice at all, i even call that mercy.

Maybe the Gods are vegetarians.

It took a lot of will power and courage for Dany to do what she did.  It brought her pain and sorrow.  The one asking the Gods to bring back dragons felt the pain of the moment.  So it is a big sacrifice.   It's not a sacrifice if the petitioner is not giving up the person they loved the most.  

On 6/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

It took a lot of will power and courage for Dany to do what she did.  It brought her pain and sorrow.  The one asking the Gods to bring back dragons felt the pain of the moment.  So it is a big sacrifice.   It's not a sacrifice if the petitioner is not giving up the person they loved the most.  

I agree with this.  

And I love this.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Maybe the Gods are vegetarians.

Doesn't the George do us a huge favor when he has Barristan in Dance limit the possibilities to Daenerys, Aegon (assuming he is who Varys says he is), and Jon (assuming he is the son of Rhaegar)? 

On 5/24/2018 at 6:13 PM, Hugorfonics said:

So! If I'm reading this correctly there are two main characteristics in Azor Ahai reborn. One is being reborn amidst smoke and salt, and the other is killing Nissa Nissa reborn. 

Dany has an obvious  claim. Reborn amidst Drogos pyre (idk how much salt was there) and she killed Drogo with a pillow.

Stannis had a huge ceremony where he was reborn amidst smoke and salt and killed Renly with his shadow.

Victarion strangled his wife to death, and was reborn on the sea, or at least his arm.

Jon however, who's soon to be reborn, specifically did not kill Ygritte. Though it was probably his orders that got Ygritte shot.

Ramsay similarly gets the original Reek killed, whether he loved him or not is debatable, but hes reborn from the second Reek to Ramsay during Winterfells burning.

The third Reek as well has been reborn in Winterfell as Theon, but has yet to kill Nissa. Likewise Cat and Sandor have been reborn yet have still to kill Nissa. (Nissa could be Arya or Sansa for all three, the other Starks for Theon and Cat also, or Gregor for Sandor)

Then there is Tyrion who killed Shae with his chain, yet to my understanding has yet to be reborn. 

Thoughts? Any names I'm forgetting?

You forgot Loras and Davos

Loras

For Loras, he still has a part to play and is a potential Azor Ahai. If he did take Dragonstone and was doused in burning oil, it could be said that he has been reborn. I imagine that for a supposedly attractive male to be scarred deeply by burns would undergo a catharsis similar to that of Jaime’s redemption arc of finding that he’ll need to adapt himself to his new disfigured look. Of course, this is all second-hand knowledge and we only know what Cersei has been told. He could have taken Dragonstone in single combat and not been injured at all. Let’s leave it as maybe.

Davos

After the Battle of the Blackwater, it can be said that Davos was reborn amidst salt (the sea) and smoke (burning ships) when he’s found lying near death on a rock by Salladhor Saan. He also lost all of his sons in the battle. 

On 6/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Doesn't the George do us a huge favor when he has Barristan in Dance limit the possibilities to Daenerys, Aegon (assuming he is who Varys says he is), and Jon (assuming he is the son of Rhaegar)? 

Rhaegar believed he was the promised prince and he was wrong.  Azor Ahai has nothing to do with Rhaegar.  Rhaegar was trying to create his own version of Rhaenys, Aegon, and Visenya.  He wasn't trying to hatch dragon eggs.  Dany being Targaryen is not what make her AA.  She's Azor Ahai because she woke up the dragons.  We would call Thoros Azor Ahai if he had woken the dragons and checked off the requirements while the comet was overhead.  Well, at least this is my opinion.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

You're correct. Although there are many mysteries that GRRM hasn't yet revealed, he has been winnowing down the possibilities.

10 hours ago, bent branch said:

You're correct. Although there are many mysteries that GRRM hasn't yet revealed, he has been winnowing down the possibilities.

Yeap. In Clash and Storm it seemed like several possibilities were coming forward with Bran, and Davos, and Beric, and others, I suppose, but I think the George shut all that down by having Barristan tell us that the woods witch--apparently the Ghost of High Heart, who is extremely reliable--told the Targaryens that the prince that was promised would come from the line of Aerys and Rhaella. 

10 hours ago, bent branch said:

Not really. A prince is a dragon in old Valyrian, as Aemon tells us. And AA shall be born amidst salt and smoke to wake dragons out of stone, as Melisandre tells us. 

The prince who/that is promised will be woken by AA, as I believe.

And on top of that we have that entire warrior/AA/Lightbringer bussiness and the Nissa Nissa franchise. 

Archived