Disney buying up another beloved obsession of mine

Yukle

This requires a little background first: Australian Football is the best sport in the whole of the known universe and Collingwood is the best team.

Guess what the Docklands Stadium in Melbourne (the world's best city) will be called from now on?

Marvel Stadium. Apparently Disney will pay "tens of millions" for the deal, which I think is a mistake because surely the Star Wars movies have shown Disney they could brand a film with anything nostalgic, splice in nothing but YouTube clips of "Top ten Lulz of OCtober" and people would still pay to see it. More advertising really isn't necessary.

At least we'll get lots of stupid puns in our sporting headlines every time a club has a significant win at the ground.

And proving that there is nothing that he isn't amazing at, this was Ryan Reynold's response:

2 minutes ago, Yukle said:

This requires a little background first: Australian Football is the best sport in the whole of the known universe and Collingwood is the best team.

Lies!!!

Also, do you Aussiecommies have to call everything football to overcompensate for the fact that American football is greater than all other forms of football?

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lies!!!

Also, do you Aussiecommies have to call everything football to overcompensate for the fact that American football is greater than all other forms of football?

Our footy is the oldest codified set of football rules in the world!

Suck it, Colonials!

1 hour ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

exiles!

Traitors to the monarchy! Ungrateful peasants! God save the Queen!

One of our favorite wines is 19 Crimes.

Every bottle has a cork with one of the 19 Crimes on it that could get you exiled to Aussie land.

Beinf a debtor was pretty rough back then.

2 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Long live the rebellion! :fencing:

At this moment Canada, New Zealand and 'Straya are plotting your return to the fold. Don't be too shocked when we stomp your faces at the Commonwealth Games in Marvel stadium.

9 minutes ago, Yukle said:

At this moment Canada, New Zealand and 'Straya are plotting your return to the fold. Don't be too shocked when we stomp your faces at the Commonwealth Games in Marvel stadium.

You ask me, America could use a good beatdown.

2 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

You ask me, America could use a good beatdown.

You shut yer whore mouth!

This is Murica!!!  Love it or leave it!!!

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Says the girl who traded a rainbow avatar for a goth like blue.

A friend's daughter explained this particular character to me and I couldn't help but assume the identity in our Post Truth society.

14 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

A friend's daughter explained this particular character to me and I couldn't help but assume the identity in our Post Truth society.

You can’t handle the truth.

Just now, Pony Empress Jace said:

I am the truth, Rhom.

I am the truth.

IS NOT TRUTH INFINITE!!!! ( @Triskele Bakake happens)

i could also say “You’re no Paul Pierce.”

But really @Pony Empress Jace all I want to say is that I love that this thread is now tagged as Hot.  :lol: 

Archived