What type of laugh do you have?

Theda Baratheon

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

Interesting how everyone is different! I laugh all the time even when I’m depressed lol 

I do too.  It's better than crying, right?  I find life in general pretty funny. 

As for the kind of laugh, usually it's a chuckle, a bit of giggling, and if something really strikes me funny, it'll be a full-on guffaw - although, I'm not really sure what a guffaw is. :idea: 

I don't laugh a lot, even when I feel and know something is funny. Mostly I just laugh quietly to myself.

When something is very very funny, I burst into that unladylike, not at all elegant loud throat voice.

I have a normal chuckle most occasions, though if its something good, I can't breath and it doesnt stop for awhile. Example: me and my best friend since we were 5 was lounging at his house a few years ago. We was watching something on TravelChannel, Bourdain or Zimmerman and they was in London. My buddy looks over at me and ask dead seriously, "Have you ever been to London?". We stared at each other for a second then we laughed the hardest we have ever in our life, for like 10 minutes neither of us could breath. Why was it so funny? Well, I've known him for over 20 years at the time, his family is my 2nd family, and he's asking me if I went to London and never let anyone know about it? I guess you just had to be there, but it was an all-time laugh. The one laugh that really gets to me is the pig laugh. You know, the ones who snort like a pig? Can't stand it. Besides that, I love laughter.

2 hours ago, Esmenet said:

. The one laugh that really gets to me is the pig laugh. You know, the ones who snort like a pig?

Ahhh, my ex had this laugh, one of the things i remember most fondly about her, made my day when i could get her to laugh like that, good times..

Snort laugh is one of the few laughs I don't have but I still like to hear it. Laughter is lovely! 

I feel wary around people who don't laugh very much lol, because I worry they must hate me or think I'm annoying/weird for laughing all the time. 

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Snort laugh is one of the few laughs I don't have but I still like to hear it. Laughter is lovely! 

I sometimes snort into laughter. It is embarrassing. :blushing:

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I feel wary around people who don't laugh very much lol, because I worry they must hate me or think I'm annoying/weird for laughing all the time. 

I am the opposite. I feel wary and awkward and embarrassed when unknown people laugh about something in public, especially if they are standing behind me. I always get the feeling they are laughing at me.

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

:(

Only because I worry they must find my presence intolerable lol. 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I sometimes snort into laughter. It is embarrassing. :blushing:

I am the opposite. I feel wary and awkward and embarrassed when unknown people laugh about something in public, especially if they are standing behind me. I always get the feeling they are laughing at me.

I used to be that way as I was bullied in School, but now I'm like...if someone IS laughing at me then they're an asshole & I'm not and I can live with that :D:D:D

6 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Only because I worry they must find my presence intolerable lol. 

I used to be that way as I was bullied in School, but now I'm like...if someone IS laughing at me then they're an asshole & I'm not and I can live with that :D:D:D

I am aware of the same thing and I objectively know that most of the time, people don't laugh at me ... but that feeling of embarrassement and self-consciousness still comes up sometimes. :/

Full range here. I can tell you that I often laugh ar Stephan Colbert and Trevor Noah. I’m embarrassed to say I laughed at Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poelher, probably slightly tensely, because my nineteen year old niece was present and I tried not to, which just meant that I ended up with tears running down my face, and shaking. Laughing convulsions?

15 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Full range here. I can tell you that I often laugh ar Stephan Colbert and Trevor Noah. I’m embarrassed to say I laughed at Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poelher, probably slightly tensely, because my nineteen year old niece was present and I tried not to, which just meant that I ended up with tears running down my face, and shaking. Laughing convulsions?

Hey I laughed at that movie too! They’re funny ladies! :D

Was told today that I have a rich and uproarious laugh.

Situation was I was in the vehicle laughing about something I'd said earlier and was struck by how rich and uproarious it was.  Told myself "you have a rich and uproarious laugh, Larry." 

I tried to record it but I doubt even Abbey Road in 1968 could have captured these intangibles, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

7 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Was told today that I have a rich and uproarious laugh.

Situation was I was in the vehicle laughing about something I'd said earlier and was struck by how rich and uproarious it was.  Told myself "you have a rich and uproarious laugh, Larry." 

I tried to record it but I doubt even Abbey Road in 1968 could have captured these intangibles, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

LMAO you know it’s an off day when I don’t tell myself: “you have a healthy and hearty guffaw, Siân”

Archived