Genderbending ASOIAF characters

norwaywolf123

10 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Would likely be like Joffrey, allthough a stricter upbringing might round the edges a bit.

I don't see why Tywin would allow his heir apparent to develop all of Joff's character flaws if he played a direct part in m!Cersei upbring. Or how the very different circumstances of living in the Rock with Tywin and Joanna (for a time) would result in the same sort of person that grew up around Robert and Cersei' abusive and toxic relationship in King's Landing.

Tywin cares about his legacy and the Lannister name, so salvaging House Lannister from his father disastrous rule only to turn it over to someone liable to ruin it all again would be very out of character for him.

Also sure Cersei tends to have a unrealistic view of how she'd do as a man but m!Cersei would have been put through the ringer by Tywin to make sure he had all the experience needed to rule the Westerlands. Either m!Cersei would have been humbled by experience or he'd actually have the skill to back up his arrogance.

53 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

I don't see why Tywin would allow his heir apparent to develop all of Joff's character flaws if he played a direct part in m!Cersei upbring. Or how the very different circumstances of living in the Rock with Tywin and Joanna (for a time) would result in the same sort of person that grew up around Robert and Cersei' abusive and toxic relationship in King's Landing.

Tywin cares about his legacy and the Lannister name, so salvaging House Lannister from his father disastrous rule only to turn it over to someone liable to ruin it all again would be very out of character for him.

Also sure Cersei tends to have a unrealistic view of how she'd do as a man but m!Cersei would have been put through the ringer by Tywin to make sure he had all the experience needed to rule the Westerlands. Either m!Cersei would have been humbled by experience or he'd actually have the skill to back up his arrogance.

Tywin was a very absent father. I think that Tywin's brothers would play a bigger role in m!Cersei's upbringing.

9 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Tywin was a very absent father.

Sure sure, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't take an interest in how and by who his heir was raised. I wonder if he would have m!Cersei fostered and in that case where?

17 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I think that Tywin's brothers would play a bigger role in m!Cersei's upbringing.

To some extent, they all have trueborn kids to look after except Gerion. So reasonably they can't really drop everything and look after m!Cersei all the time.

2 hours ago, Ylath's Snout said:

To some extent, they all have trueborn kids to look after except Gerion. So reasonably they can't really drop everything and look after m!Cersei all the time.

Tywin's brothers got their own children much later than Tywin did. For example Lancel is the eldest of Tywin's nephews thru his brothers. Lancel is much younger than Jaime and Cersei.

If Varys were female, there wouldn't need to be a lot changed in his arc. Was he born a slave in Lys? We have only Pycelle's word that he was anyway, and Pycelle doesn't give his sources.

Of course, the story of how he lost his manhood would have to be reinterpreted, or turn out to be just that, a story to explain how he lost his manhood.  There would also need to be some reason why his womanhood escapes notice - although he is a master of disguise, trained in a mummer's troupe, and  there is no reason to suppose he would be less successful as an actor if he was female.

Beyond that, I think a female Varys's arc could foreshadow Arya's arc. In some ways it would make a lot more sense if Varys had in fact been a daughter of a ruling family in Westeros, natural or legitimate, abducted or otherwise sold into slavery in Essos, and determined to escape and wield power in her native land as a consequence, Knowing how powerless women are in the patriarchy might have inspired her to create the Spider, with his shadowy web of secrets, and his army of little lowborn boys and girls, with and without tongues.

Archived