How do you like your tea? Or coffee? Almond milk or soy, sir? Two sugars, ma'am?

Yukle

I like my tea and coffee but am a total conservative when it comes to tea. It’s Golden chai by Numi, or Barry’s gold with a splash of milk. Coffee I’m happy with just about any reasonable blend. 

Having said that, I’d like to buy himself some really nice coffee beans for Xmas. Any suggestions for favourite beans?

On 10/7/2018 at 5:16 PM, Deedles said:

I like my tea and coffee but am a total conservative when it comes to tea. It’s Golden chai by Numi, or Barry’s gold with a splash of milk. Coffee I’m happy with just about any reasonable blend. 

Having said that, I’d like to buy himself some really nice coffee beans for Xmas. Any suggestions for favourite beans?

I buy Zeke's, but it's because they're local. To be honest, getting freshly roasted beans from a local roaster is where I'd look, rather than a specific brand at a grocery store. I am not enough of a coffee snob to roast my own, nor to throw out beans after a week or two, but I do think fresher is better.

EDIT: Fresh ground, too, if you're not. A burr grinder is usually recommended for an even grind. I have one but to be honest I adulterate my coffee with cream and sugar, and I'm not sure I can detect the difference between that and the little blade grinder built into the Cuisinart auto drip machine. But definitely grind fresh however you do it.

Archived