What ending of Game of Thrones do you absolutely not want to see?

Feologild

Queen Daenerys and King Jon get married, boatsex baby is legitimized, everyone is happy and looking forward to rebuilding Westeros.  Tyrion finds love and gets Casterly Rock.  Sansa and Gendry get married.  Arya sails West of Westeros.  Jaime dies in Brienne's arms.  Bran becomes the Night King in some fucked up no fun time loop.

11 hours ago, Lemorecake said:

Jon has to kill Dany to get Lightbringer and becomes the superhero who saves the world.

Nightking is killed and his whole army dies with him.

Dany dies in childbirth.

Yep, all 3 of these are awful and the last 2 are almost guaranteed to happen.

22 hours ago, Lemorecake said:

Jon has to kill Dany to get Lightbringer and becomes the superhero who saves the world.

Nightking is killed and his whole army dies with him.

Dany dies in childbirth.

Unless Jon is killing Dany during childbirth, how in the .... could both happen? Does she die twice?

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Unless Jon is killing Dany during childbirth, how in the .... could both happen? Does she die twice?

No, I just wouldn't like both endings. Now, thinking of it, Jon killing her during childbirth would be most awful. ;)

On 5/31/2018 at 4:28 AM, Lemorecake said:

No, I just wouldn't like both endings. Now, thinking of it, Jon killing her during childbirth would be most awful. ;)

I have heard a rumor that Jon plunges his sword into Mel to form Lightbringer. 

On 6/2/2018 at 4:53 PM, Angel Eyes said:

The white walkers crush everybody to paste and the zombie apocalypse arrives. Would make the entire show pointless.

No offense, but do you really feel that way?  Let's say the white walkers are an allegory for some existential threat to mankind (climate change is an example that a lot of people use).  Wouldn't it be a strong message to show that, yes, in fact, apocalypse can happen if all of humanity doesn't collectively unite and get their act together?  I think it would be jarring.  In a way we are so trained to expect emotional payoff from our time investment in characters, the way we may also tend to ignore large scale, complex, slow moving threats by being trained to think "someone will solve this, everything will be fine, I don't need to make any radical changes."  I don't buy the climate change allegory myself, but do think a white walker victory would far from render the show pointless.

Hi all,

I do think this is a great topic, and also considerate.  I think the worst way to end the show would be for another main character to die needlessly (as in the Red Wedding).  I would also dislike it if Cersei kept the crown, or any Lannister apart from Tyrion, possibly.   I wish I didn't feel this way, but I hope her baby is not born.  Of course, we do have some assurances from the witch she visited. 

I hope that Sansa finds true love (possibly Tyrion? Think he's good for her, and he's in need of love, too.  Good man, all in all). I also think that she would not make a good Queen of Westeros, but a good ruler/Warden of the North.  I hope that Arya becomes a knight, and lets go of her vengent tendencies. 

The worst possible outcome I can think of is that the NK kills/transforms everyone else.

Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, LadyNoOne said:

I hope that Sansa finds true love (possibly Tyrion? Think he's good for her, and he's in need of love, too.  Good man, all in all). I also think that she would not make a good Queen of Westeros, but a good ruler/Warden of the North.  I hope that Arya becomes a knight, and lets go of her vengent tendencies. 

Thoughts?

I don't think such happy endings will be what we get, or even truly want. It is sad, but giving up their (childish) dreams of love and adventure is, what made them great characters . Considering their journeys, I believe their best end would reflect their evolution beyond what they have once desired. Arya, after all she has done, is beyond heroism, and Sansa is beyond seeking love. 

32 minutes ago, Lemorecake said:

I don't think such happy endings will be what we get, or even truly want. It is sad, but giving up their (childish) dreams of love and adventure is, what made them great characters . Considering their journeys, I believe their best end would reflect their evolution beyond what they have once desired. Arya, after all she has done, is beyond heroism, and Sansa is beyond seeking love. 

Sorry for the previous post.  I'm still getting the hang of this site.

Yes, Arya, is beyond heroism, and Sansa is not seeking love -- For now :) 

I think Arya still wants to be a hero, but realizes now that people are not wholly good nor bad.  Sansa, I believe, may trust again though she has abandoned her earlier notions of life in the court.  Then Sansa may love again.

Or, perhaps the NK just turns everyone.. Who knows?! :)

Cheers

Jon leading an army of ewoks to Winterfell to defeat the Night's King.

Bran warging into a giant eagle to rescue Sansa from being raped by the White Walkers.

Jaime being mortally wounded in battle, and revealing to Jon that he is his father, prior to dying.

Dany dying in childbirth.

Dany ruling in the end.
NK dying, entire dead army dying with him (though we all know that's exactly what will happen)
Dragons being alive (I want the period of magic to be gone by the end of this show, I personally think that's why GRRM focuses on this part of the Westeros history)

I also think that a part of this story will be the end of patriarchy and the beginning/continuing of matriarchy. I personally think GRRM likes that theme and D&D love that theme. I am fine with it, my worry is that it will be very PC/SJWfriendly/#metoo or whatever else, that relates to today. I just want it to make sense for the story and not be too much related to feminism today. If that at all makes sense....

Archived