What ending of Game of Thrones do you absolutely not want to see?

Feologild

NK and last remaining dragon kill each other. Earthos is destroyed.

The Sand Snakes turn into White Walkers, but still try to vamp people with bad dialogue. Oh, and they have achieved everlasting dominion, so their dialogue shall last unto eternity.

• Jon riding drogon into battle - It's a no from me
  • Daenerys dying in child birth - It's going to happen, been foreshadowed in both book and show, but damn will it be shitty. 
  • Arya abandoning her family - I don't understand this theory at all. 
  • Bran is the Night's King - Makes no sense at all in my view. No thank you.
  • Any other Stark/Snow dying.  
  • Sansa and Jon snow hook up - O.o
  • Jon saying "you stuck them with the pointy end" to Arya when they reunite. 

On 5/28/2018 at 12:51 PM, Feologild said:

What do you think would be the worst way to end the show ?

Okay, I haven't read the whole thread yet and I am tired and ready for bed but for me it would be something on the notes of, okay Team Living (and I like its current members incidentally and their "unlikely bedfellows" coalition) defeats evil Night King, we don't get to find much more about him, his well... undead people... and motivations and the heroes suffer the typical extreme loses but win because they are the goodies.  To me that would be awfully disappointing since so much mystique has been built aroung the Others and we know still little about them.  The huge built up, in books and show, with warging, Children of the Forest etc has to pay off somehow.

I have to admit I love the concept of warging (very in tune with Native American Lore etc) but hate reading about it, but yeah, for the purpose of this thread we had whole prologues with Varymir or whatever he was called (hate reading the warging for I find it super tedious) but surely this is a built up to something.  

As for book readers that think that the books will end up dramatically differently and look down on the show, I's say, yes the books would add complexity and some minor or middle of the road characters may not have the same Fate in both media, but the end has been said time and time again it will be pretty close.  Now if HBO decided to do a good -v- evil battle to simplify matters re Night King etc, yes they could do it and the ending could be roughly the same in terms of facts (i.e. who is alive and who isn't) but to me that simplification would take too much from the main theme.  Now, I do expect something pretty huge in terms of Night King revelation, although I think the show has already pointed there...

Okay, this is just my personal opinion and you are welcome to separate this comment from the rest of my post but, for me personally (books or show) anything less than a pact or mutual disarmament (say dragons go, we go to sleep or die for good) would be unsatisfactory and my prediction is that we are going to see something extremely painful but on those lines...

Now, where I touch on what I call "middle of the road characters" i.e not the famous 6 or whatever, take Jaime, say.  He could die heroically in the show in a totally different way than in the books... but still die heroically, say (his path seems to be going that way) or Mel, she could redeem herself in the books but no much time in the show for that unless a very brief scene...but Arya, Tyrion, Jon etc will end similarly in books and show. They are too central for D&D to deviate and unlike us they know the ending of the books!  I really, really hope they do not mess too much in the show with the Night King.  I think, but personal theory (be aware) is that he is the King of Winter, not disimilar to the Celtic tradition and the religion Mel serves perhaps equates (with added quirks) to the Summer Court.  Thing is they cannot live without each other...  What we don't know is what started the inbalance in favour of winter in ASOIAF in present times... and without knowing that it is hard to especulate or even try to guess what started the imbalance (we had the comet, dragons, etc but what really set that off?)  My money is that started in Winterfell somehow but not sure how or whether or not it was accidental... and that points at Bran and his meddling in timelines... but I am likely to be way off...

On 6/7/2018 at 9:12 PM, Lemorecake said:

I don't think such happy endings will be what we get, or even truly want. It is sad, but giving up their (childish) dreams of love and adventure is, what made them great characters . Considering their journeys, I believe their best end would reflect their evolution beyond what they have once desired. Arya, after all she has done, is beyond heroism, and Sansa is beyond seeking love. 

It does not meant they will not get it; heroism/love respectively but probably in an unlikely way, hence I back the Tyrion/Sansa theory but lol it is known that I ship them ;) a lot of book readers get annoyed with me for that and I have read the books several times but hey, each to their own re shipping!  The one happy end couple I would put a million pound bet on is Sam/Gilly though and both surviving.

Not sure if it will happen in the show or not but in the books I think we will get a Jaime/Brienne but that one will be very sweet and sour for sure, I think...

On 5/28/2018 at 2:56 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Queen Daenerys and King Jon get married, boatsex baby is legitimized, everyone is happy and looking forward to rebuilding Westeros.  Tyrion finds love and gets Casterly Rock.  Sansa and Gendry get married.  Arya sails West of Westeros.  Jaime dies in Brienne's arms.  Bran becomes the Night King in some fucked up no fun time loop.

lol I would love all that but yeah, don't want a Disney ending ;)

On 6/7/2018 at 9:42 PM, LadyNoOne said:

Sorry for the previous post.  I'm still getting the hang of this site.

Yes, Arya, is beyond heroism, and Sansa is not seeking love -- For now :) 

I think Arya still wants to be a hero, but realizes now that people are not wholly good nor bad.  Sansa, I believe, may trust again though she has abandoned her earlier notions of life in the court.  Then Sansa may love again.

Or, perhaps the NK just turns everyone.. Who knows?! :)

Cheers

Totally with you here ;)

14 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

It does not meant they will not get it; heroism/love respectively but probably in an unlikely way, hence I back the Tyrion/Sansa theory but lol it is known that I ship them ;) a lot of book readers get annoyed with me for that and I have read the books several times but hey, each to their own re shipping!  The one happy end couple I would put a million pound bet on is Sam/Gilly though and both surviving.

Not sure if it will happen in the show or not but in the books I think we will get a Jaime/Brienne but that one will be very sweet and sour for sure, I think...

In the end, everything will be bittersweet.. ^^

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

St. Tyrion of House Double Ds (for Dunce, that is) on the Iron Throne.  Do NOT want to see that. 

I don't think he will actually despite my theory that him and Sansa together could be super powerful politically but whether one loves him or loathes him he is a second in command type, albeit a very powerful one if he puts his mind to it. 

In fact I even doubt there will be an Iron Throne as we know it.  I can imagine some kingdoms at least going independent and the whole system modernised but not to ridiculous levels that would make the story jump from Middle Ages and Ancient Civilisations to modern democracy (that in my opinion woud be terrible writing too).  I am going to go for something akin to Magna Carta with some tweaks...

What I expect him and most of the high up survivors doing is rebuilding physically and politically a slightly different world and I think a lot of Team Living right now would be good for this, Tyrion especially.  He is a very learned man, as is Sam (two characters I am putting my money on their survival),  Davos would be great for the rebuilding era as well and hell, he has enough chances to die and didn't... so would Sansa and Arya too, Brienne... 

Brienne could create a precedent where women may enter armies and well what is essentially a police force or even bodyguarding.  I certainly expect very heavy losses amongst main and not so many but well loved characters but relatively radical progress in political terms, especially concerning bastards and vows of celibacy in Orders etc.  The loses amongst rich and poor will have to be huge and they will need babies, as many as possible lol so my vote goes for maesters, monarch's guard etc all being allowed to marry and procreate...  Of course this is just my vision and nothing more.

I don't want Cersei's pregnancy to end in a simple miscarriage. I don't want Tyrion to end up as Lord of Casterly Rock.

I don't want Brienne to die - I think many people see her as just a 'knight,' but she's also the only heir to Tarth and I would love to see her succeed as the Lady of Tarth and have children, which AFFC seemed to suggest she would like, and it'd be nice for her to break out of Westeros's gender binary and see that that she can be a warrior, a mother, and a Lady.

Linked to this, I wouldn't like to see the deaths of minor characters, such as Meera, Podrick and Sam, who are the only characters representing their houses - other families exist outside of the Great Houses, and I think the show runners have already done a poor job of representing the richly inter-connected variety of nobility, and the result for me is a Westeros that feels oddly lonely. 

I'd like the Others to have a somewhat sympathetic backstory, but I don't see that as likely at this point. 

I'll be very disappointed if powerful (or potentially-powerful) lords such as Sweetrobin and Edmure are sidelined completely throughout the season, and I'd like to see them play a role with their armies (I'm assuming the Riverlands would embrace Edmure's return to power) and/or a role in some form of Great Council at the end. The leaks seem to suggest Lord Arryn has at least a few scenes, which I'm happy to see. 

This all makes it seem like I want a fluffy ending with no deaths or damage, when really I love dark shows and literature. But these are the things I'm most worried of seeing.

Hello all, I'm new here. Thought this was a good place as any to jump in. Arya is my favorite character, but, the one thing I don't want to see is her killing either Cersei or The Mountain. Those are feats I think should be left up to Jaime and Sandor, respectfully.

The mask is pulled off of the NK and he says, "and I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids."

Seriously, Jon and Dany marry, have lots of beautiful kids and dragons, and live happily ever after being the perfect model monarchs who usher in a new era of peace, humanism and progress.

9 hours ago, 78warhorse said:

Hello all, I'm new here. Thought this was a good place as any to jump in. Arya is my favorite character, but, the one thing I don't want to see is her killing either Cersei or The Mountain. Those are feats I think should be left up to Jaime and Sandor, respectfully.

I agree.  Sansa, Tyrion and Jaime have suffered more in Cersei's hands than Arya.  One of them should have a hand in her death (my money is on Tyrion)

On 6/16/2018 at 11:27 AM, Apoplexy said:

House Targ being restored as rulers through Jon and Dany. That would be the most boring outcome for me. ALso, Jaime please don't die..

Agreed. Any type of Targarian restoration would be disastrous.

House Baratheon going extinct would kill my soul. So, by extension, Gendry dying would be terrible. 

I'm honestly not really worried about Gendry though. In many ways he's one of the least expendable characters on the show. But a Targarian restoration haunts my dreams. There are so many fans that would love to see that and the showrunners have made decisions in the past based off of fan desire.

Also, Brianne, Jon, Danerys, and Cersei surviving would really irritate me.

Bad ending: A romantic one

Even worse ending: A plainly cynical one

After the shroud of the long night has fallen upon Westeros, a last ship from the west arrives in Pentos, bringing Danaerys and Euron.

"Didn´t I told you before, we would be the only ones left alive?"

From the crowd at the port emerges a single man with a sword in his hand. Daario Naharis, killing Euron in a sudden cut. Then he looks at Danaerys, hesitating for a moment before killing her too.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, 78warhorse said:

Welcome to the forums.  I agree with you, but unfortunately I can't see D&D passing up the opportunity to have Arya kill Cersei, and Brienne kill the Mountain.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, goldenmaps said:

I agree.  Sansa, Tyrion and Jaime have suffered more in Cersei's hands than Arya.  One of them should have a hand in her death (my money is on Tyrion)

I don't believe St. Tyrion will be committing any more murders on the show, and after Arya took what should have been Sansa's kill of Littlefinger, I don't see Sansa committing murdet either, but I agree one of those 3 would be most satisfying.

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I don't believe St. Tyrion will be committing any more murders on the show

Yeah, TV Tyrion developed an abhorrence of violence after Season 4. His murdering days are over. Can't see Sansa murdering anyone, either, even Cersei.

I'd feel cheated if it's anyone but Jaime that does the deed.

Dany punishing Jaime for anything.  You can make an argument for other characters, but Dany shouldn't say boo or act like her not murdering him by dragonfire is some sort of mercy or charity.  Jaime saved over half a million of her subjects from a firey death when he killed her father.  He was doing his duty to his queen and his house when he tried to shiska bob her at Blackwater Rush, after she ambushed him with her Dothraki and Drogon and massacred thousands of Lannister soldiers with dragonfire.  That is war, and Jaime owes her no apology for that, nor she him.  

I could see Jaime apologizing for following orders and allowing her father to brutalize and rape her mother, but other than possibly that, he owes her nothing.  Many, many others have a rightful bone to pick, but not Dany.  

Archived