Watch, Watched, Watching: The Prequel

Ramsay B.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Biggest disappointment of not renewing my Prime video subscription was losing my ability to rewatch Parks and Rec in a continuous cycle

We do this about once a year, I think Lesley and Ron is the best episode of TV ever.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

So in other words it's a good show?

I binged all the episodes in a day,so yes,it's good.As for the complaint about breaking/not following rules,it didn't bother me at all in this show.

Now about to watch season 4 premiere of the Guy Pierce tv series Jack Irish.After that the series premiere of Sharp Objects.

A birthday party yesterday began with the guests being taken to see the new documentary, "The King," which is driven through US geography and history via Elvis's Rolls Royce.  "The King" has aspects of interest -- and controversy -- for all the members of the group, from the documentary film makers among us, the historians, the musicians and composers, the fashion and costume designers, etc.  So it worked very well at dinner at melding everyone together in conversation whether some of us were strangers to everyone but the Birthday host and wife. 

I would recommend it highly.

Finshed The Forest. Thank goodness it was only six episodes as it felt like it dragged. I enjoyed the story about Eve, although it was maybe a little bit neat and contrived. The overall story and denouement was satisfying. But the protagonist must be the worst police officer in France though.

Let me tell you what is some good TV - Bake Off The Professionals. Anyone else watch this season? That final was super dramatic. Lots of emotion. :wub: I like how the judges are objective and have integrity - when they say they like something it feels really genuine and they never hold back if they don't think something is good enough. Plus, so much drama - there is always stuff breaking and smashing and melting.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:23 PM, Martini Sigil said:

Succession on HBO is an absolute dumpster fire.... but it has its moments...

"I can't reveal my sources..... but it's Greg"

It's so weird, like you don't want any of those asshats to succeed and the entire show is built on wanting to see all of them fail.  Can you have a good show w/out any protagonist?

25 minutes ago, aceluby said:

It's so weird, like you don't want any of those asshats to succeed and the entire show is built on wanting to see all of them fail.  Can you have a good show w/out any protagonist?

I felt that way about The Sopranos but still enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Just watched Big Little Lies. Finally...

Really brilliant. The last ten minutes of the last episode had me sobbing. Amazing TV. 

Watched it last year, thought it was excellent. Absolutely fascinating, and  loved the therapy sessions in particular. Big name cast obviously Andy they all put in terrific performances.

not sure how I feel about a second season but I’ll watch it for sure

This is going to be interesting. Joss Wedon returning to TV with a new show with HBO, a sci fi epic called The Nevers.

Titled The Nevers, the series is described as “an epic science fiction drama about a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission that might change the world.”

Says Whedon, who will serve as showrunner: “I honestly couldn’t be more excited. The Nevers is maybe the most ambitious narrative I’ve created, and I can’t imagine a better home for it than HBO. Not only are they the masters of cinematic long-form, but their instant understanding of my odd, intimate epic was as emotional as it was incisive. It’s been too long since I created an entirely new fictional world, and the HBO team offer not just scope and experience, not just ‘prestige,’ but a passionate collaboration. I could go on, but — I’m impatiently grateful to say — I have work to do.”

Is anyone watching Yellowstone?... Three episodes in... I've yet to decide whether its worth the investment, but what surprised the hell out of me was this past week --on the Paramount (formerly Spike) Network -- they showed Kelly Reilly's bewbs... and her heiney, but with all the F-bombs on basic cable these days, this was the first time I'd seen this line crossed.

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

Is anyone watching Yellowstone?... Three episodes in... I've yet to decide whether its worth the investment, but what surprised the hell out of me was this past week --on the Paramount (formerly Spike) Network -- they showed Kelly Reilly's bewbs... and her heiney, but with all the F-bombs on basic cable these days, this was the first time I'd seen this line crossed.

I’m watching it. Decent so far. I like the youngest son character (Casey), and the feud between Costner and Gil Birmingham. Kinda meh of Kelly Reilly’s character and the guy from American Beauty. 

And it’s about time that line was crossed. 

14 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

The therapy sessions were absolutely riveting.  Such performances from Kidman and the incredible therapist who I'm not familiar with.

You should drop what you’re doing and start watching Deadwood immediately!

Archived