U.S. Politics: He's an Idiot, Plain and Simple

Martell Spy

9 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Sorry for you double post, here he is advocating violence against a journalist

You have to be kidding me... it's a meme. He shared a meme. It's absolutely false that he was advocating for violence against a journalist.

7 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

That's a very charitable interpretation.

Remember when David Attenborough was asked in an interview what the people could do against a president like Trump?  He said "Shoot him".  Does that make Attenborough a hateful person who incites violence? No. He's one of the kindest people on this planet.

2 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

@SweetPea and if you don't think what happened in Charlottesville is connected and related to what we're talking about I don't know what to tell you.

How is Trump saying there were good people at Charlottesville on both sides (if I remember correctly) an incitement of his followers to commit violence against those who criticize him?

SOOOO ANYWAY, on the trade war stuff: current estimate is that it'll cost each person about $320 extra this year from the cost of goods going up, which wipes out all of the low-income tax benefit and about 1/2 of all the middle class tax benefit right there. 

This also doesn't count what will happen with the Chinese tariffs and that trade war; this is simply the EU, Canada and Mexico trade war. 

In addition, about 140k steel workers stand to benefit some from the tariffs - and about 2m manufacturing jobs stand to lose out, significantly. 

3 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

You have to be kidding me... it's a meme. He shared a meme. It's absolutely false that he was advocating for violence against a journalist.

Remember when David Attenborough was asked in an interview what the people could do against a president like Trump?  He said "Shoot him".  Does that make Attenborough a hateful person who incites violence? No. He's one of the kindest people on this planet.

How is Trump saying there were good people at Charlottesville on both sides (if I remember correctly) an incitement of his followers to commit violence against those who criticize him?

I think I'm good here.  It is refreshing to check in with people who got us into this fuckery in the first place every once in awhile.  Thanks for playing.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

I think I'm good here.  It is refreshing to check in with people who got us into this fuckery in the first place every once in awhile.  Thanks for playing.

This. I’d type a longer more caustic rant but I had finger surgery Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, mormont said:

Pick one.

Trump lost the popular vote, so that does matter to whether the polls were wrong. Again, people don't want to deal with this, but the fact is that Trump was incredibly lucky in how his votes shook out in their distribution. This was not a deliberate plan on his part. His last month of campaigning was flailing around. He was losing despite being handed a gift by Mueller. That it worked out does not mean that 'it doesn't matter': it would have mattered a great deal that he lost the popular vote in almost any other scenario.

Again, post hoc ergo propter hoc is the trap.

I'm sure he didn't plan to get less overall votes than Clinton, but it was absolutely a deliberate plan to target and flip the states he targeted.  His campaign knew very well that they could win if they flipped the rust belt and they succeeded.  Besides, Trump assured his base that he only lost the popular vote because of massive voter fraud.  We may all know damn well that isn't true - but that doesn't matter.  And it will continue to not matter if he can hold onto the same people and the same map he got in 2016, which I do not think is that crazy of a possibility.  

7 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Thanks for the laugh :) 

12 minutes ago, S John said:

I'm sure he didn't plan to get less overall votes than Clinton, but it was absolutely a deliberate plan to target and flip the states he targeted.  His campaign knew very well that they could win if they flipped the rust belt and they succeeded.  Besides, Trump assured his base that he only lost the popular vote because of massive voter fraud.  We may all know damn well that isn't true - but that doesn't matter.  And it will continue to not matter if he can hold onto the same people and the same map he got in 2016, which I do not think is that crazy of a possibility.  

To be fair, literally the only way that Trump could win would be to flip those states. Everything else was absurdly implausible (like flipping New York). Those were his only shot. 

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

To be fair, literally the only way that Trump could win would be to flip those states. Everything else was absurdly implausible (like flipping New York). Those were his only shot. 

Right, but that's what makes it weird for Mormont to claim that it wasn't a deliberate strategy of his campaign for the votes to shake out that way. It was literally the only possible strategy his campaign could adopt; of course it was deliberate.

50 minutes ago, mormont said:

Pick one.

Trump lost the popular vote, so that does matter to whether the polls were wrong. Again, people don't want to deal with this, but the fact is that Trump was incredibly lucky in how his votes shook out in their distribution. This was not a deliberate plan on his part. His last month of campaigning was flailing around. He was losing despite being handed a gift by Mueller. That it worked out does not mean that 'it doesn't matter': it would have mattered a great deal that he lost the popular vote in almost any other scenario.

Again, post hoc ergo propter hoc is the trap.

Minor correction: It was Comey, not Mueller. 

ETA:

Nooooooooooo! I got :ph34r:'d! 

30 minutes ago, S John said:

Hopefully whoever the Democratic nominee is in 2020 won't make the bone-headed mistake Clinton did and neglect the traditional blue wall. I'm still convinced that she would have won if she had spent more time in the Midwest.

Oh man, it's been like two weeks since I rehashed the 2016 campaign. Gotta scratch dat itch! 

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Was your climax point when Elias died? 

Spoiler alert! 

Typical boy. Thinking bitches be having one climax.

And fyi, that's sick. I peaked hardest when Johnny Drama busted that dude's head open.

51 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Although, if memory serves, Florida was counted a near certain win for Clinton right up to the point the votes started coming in. 

25 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Although, if memory serves, Florida was counted a near certain win for Clinton right up to the point the votes started coming in. 

Lots of things were, because the polls were wrong by a few points. That doesn't make my point wrong; Trump basically had to win Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and some combination of Wisconsin/Minnesota/NC/Virginia. If he lost anything that was expected to go red (like Georgia or Arizona) he'd be hosed, and if he didn't win Florida or PA he'd be hosed. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

A terrifying example of people who drink kool-aid,know only what faux noose, etc. tell them, which is up is down, black is white. They've sold this nation down the river to Russia, Saudi and a couple of others, at least.  Hope they enjoy going broke due to their Great Leader's asshole idiocies.

Archived