Misdirections, Plots Twists, and Fake Outs.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:09 PM, zandru said:

Catelyn's shrewd deduction that Jaime and Cersei Lannister were responsible for Bran's "fall" and thus the attempt on Bran's life as well. She got the second part wrong twice - the next time was when Littlefinger suckered her into thinking the Lannister who did it was Tyrion. Finding out that Mad Prince Joffrey (the Worst of His Name) was actually responsible was a real surprise.

I'd still like to know the lineage of that dragonbone Valyrian steel knife, though.

Arya being seized by Yoren at her father's execution, hauled into an alleyway, and then he comes at her with a knife. We have to wait until "Clash of Kings" to find out he was just cutting her hair short, so she can better masquerade as another Night's Watch orphan boy.

I think Catelyn's deduction that Jaime and Cersei were responsible for Bran's fall is only on the show.  In the books, she first figures it out when she hears about the incest from Stannis.  

Yoren's pulling the knife on Arya was a good fake-out, I will admit.  Sandor hitting with the axe was good, too, although I don't think anyone actually believed it was fatal.

7 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I think Catelyn's deduction that Jaime and Cersei were responsible for Bran's fall is only on the show.  In the books, she first figures it out when she hears about the incest from Stannis.   

No. Game of Thrones, Cat 3:

"My sister Lysa believes the Lannisters murdered her husband, Lord Arryn, the Hand of the King," Catelyn told them. "It comes to me that Jaime Lannister did not join the hunt the day Bran fell. He remained here in the castle." The room was deathly quiet. "I do not think Bran fell from that tower," she said into the stillness. "I think he was thrown."

This was before Bran awoke, and what causes Cat to journey hotfoot to King's Landing.

11 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Sandor hitting [Arya] with the [battle]axe was good, too, although I don't think anyone actually believed it was fatal.

Well, I seriously wondered! But why would he do that?? I thought. She couldn't have been that annoying!

36 minutes ago, zandru said:

No. Game of Thrones, Cat 3:

This was before Bran awoke, and what causes Cat to journey hotfoot to King's Landing.

Well, I seriously wondered! But why would he do that?? I thought. She couldn't have been that annoying!

My bad.  That's what happens when you don't have the books handy.

Archived