Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

This one might just break the Internet, but even back when I still ate meat, I didn't - and still don't - like bacon.

35 minutes ago, Yukle said:

This one might just break the Internet, but even back when I still ate meat, I didn't - and still don't - like bacon.

Same. I'm veggie now and even when I wasn't ugh, no thanks. I loved Gammon, and ham. But bacon? Noooooooo. 

36 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I love people like you! Because of you there is more bacon in the world for me!

19 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I liked Sucker Punch. 

Nice, I forgot about this movie. I also like it... and the soundtrack is pretty good too. It’s also the first time I remember seeing Oscar Isaac. He played a great scummy villain.

ETA: To me the bacon craze is like the Bill Murray craze. Both are good, but are they THAT good? Too much hype.

30 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I liked Sucker Punch. 

hahahaha... *finally* we agree on something.... you might be the the person I have the least in common with on this board, and yet you're among my favs....lol

My unpopular opinion... watching a gangrenous piece of intestine get removed on the learning channel was funnier than the Big Bang Theory

2 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

My unpopular opinion... watching a gangrenous piece of intestine get removed on the learning channel was funnier than the Big Bang Theory

I agree. BBT is misogynistic garbage.

2 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

hahahaha... *finally* we agree on something.... you might be the the person I have the least in common with on this board, and yet you're among my favs....lol

Watching the Big Bang Theory was funnier than having a gangrenous piece of intestine removed~!

30 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Nice, I forgot about this movie. I also like it... and the soundtrack is pretty good too. It’s also the first time I remember seeing Oscar Isaac. He played a great scummy villain.

ETA: To me the bacon craze is like the Bill Murray craze. Both are good, but are they THAT good? Too much hype.

Speaking of Zack Snyder, it’s probably not that unpopular of an opinion as I know plenty of people that liked it, but I love his Watchmen. Top 5 comic book movie for me. 

Also, Bill & bacon are two of the greatest gifts mankind ever received. :P

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Speaking of Zack Snyder, it’s probably not that unpopular of an opinion as I know plenty of people that liked it, but I love his Watchmen. Top 5 comic book movie for me. 

Also, Bill & bacon are two of the greatest gifts mankind ever received. :P

You'd be surprised.  Snyder's films get oddly criticized for stuff that isn't in them of for excluding stuff that is in them (MoS in particular).  It's weird. 

The directors cut of Watchmen (the one minus the black freighter material) is great.  I still watch it once a year or so.  I like the BF material, but it doesn't work as well incorporated into the body of the film.  The companion "documentary" is cool too.

I saw Sucker Punch opening weekend.  Cool but flawed.  They really should have kept those deleted scenes in.

For my money though, his most underrated and ignored film is Legend of the Guardians. I missed it in theaters but my then eight year old niece saw it with her mom.  She liked it do much that when she found out it was based on a book, she asked her mom to buy it for her.  Any film that get's an eight year old excited about reading something is alright by me, regardless of what Mark Kermode says.

Then I bought on Blu Ray and I was kicking myself for not seeing it in the theater.  That thing was just made for a big screen. In 3D would have been mind blowing.  A little dark for small kids maybe, but easily as good as any other animated film released that year.  This was the same year "how to train your dragon" was released.  

The Ultimate cut of BvS is great and I make no apologies for being a fan of it. The "Martha" scene, works just fine.

13 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Lol really!! :lol: I thought we watched a lot of the same tv shows!!! But I’m glad to be a fave LOL your avatar always crack s me up 

also I hate Big Bang theory 

13 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I *like* a lot of the additions/changes in the Star Wars Special Editions.

(No, not having Greedo shoot first...nobody likes that).

I'm in for this. Part of it is that those were the versions I had on VHS growing up, so they're the version of the movie I have in my head.

16 hours ago, Yukle said:

This means war!

15 hours ago, dbunting said:

I love people like you! Because of you there is more bacon in the world for me!

Bleep You! More. For. Me!

15 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

You just haven't had the good stuff. Pull out your wallets and enjoy:

https://www.nueskes.com/

Archived