Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

What else do I like or dislike ... guacamole. I hate guacamole.

That's just cuz you haven't had good guacamole.  My brother (who's a chef) makes great guac.  It played a large part in making me fat.

15 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

That's just cuz you haven't had good guacamole.  My brother (who's a chef) makes great guac.  It played a large part in making me fat.

Well that's certainly a possibility , I never went out of my way to find good guac(just the stuff you get with meals in run of the mill food chains) so this could very well be true and I am certainly open to trying for better food . I'll look up a good place and give it another try I guess .

I think baseball is boring af .

20 minutes ago, Vin said:

I think baseball is boring af .

I love baseball, but absolutely get if someone doesn’t like it because they think it’s boring. It’s a time consuming and slow paced game(most of the time) that’s definitely not for everyone. 

I think soccer/futbol is pretty boring to watch. Especially since most games I watch are of the U.S. team. Although I will say that I was very disappointed they choked their way out of the World Cup. It is fun to be a part of that even know they never really have a legitimate chance. I’ll never forget Donovan’s goal in 2010 against Algeria in extra time. Good times.

21 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I love baseball, but absolutely get if someone doesn’t like it because they think it’s boring. It’s a time consuming and slow paced game(most of the time) that’s definitely not for everyone. 

I think soccer/futbol is pretty boring to watch. Especially since most games I watch are of the U.S. team. Although I will say that I was very disappointed they choked their way out of the World Cup. It is fun to be a part of that even know they never really have a legitimate chance. I’ll never forget Donovan’s goal in 2010 against Algeria in extra time. Good times.

Yeah , I tend to think of a baseball game as more of an event than a sports match ,you're there for the atmosphere and festivity . At least that's what I enjoyed. 

The world cup has a special magic about . That's why we still love it even tho it's owned by the vilest hive of scum and villainy .

I got one , I hate champagne.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I've never been a soccer fan, but have tolerated it because my brother/roommate is really into.  And even before I lived with my brother, I had friends in DC that pretended they were soccer fans during the World Cup.  So I'm actually fairly educated on most of the contending teams - and yes, I remember Donovan's goal.  Was drunk as fuck way too early at an Irish pub on the outskirts of Tampa.  Anyway, this is my way of saying Tunisia is in all likelihood not going to make passed group play, but I'll still be into it.

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'm ignoring all the anti-coffee propoganda.  

I'm not terribly familiar with his TV work but I love his stand up.

Unpopular: Top Gear reached its creative peak long before Clarkson and co left.  After the arctic special it really wasn't worth watching anymore.

I covered this in the first thread but any chance to shit on Clarkson is welcome day by me!

Top Gear was never worth watching because it was dull and presented by three utter dicks. 

Eta; sports, the only stuff I can find the interest to watch is gymnastics and athletics. Sometimes swimming if it’s a good line up. Everything else just bores me.

Oh and watching Paralympic athletes compete is an experience in itself, just so inspiring

I’m not interested in sports for the most part 

football is fucking BORING to watch. Rugby is OK - but I still get a bit bored watching it 

however I recently got into watching roller derby games and would love to take part on that 

I also went to a live ice hockey game with friends once and had a surprisingly great time??? Would def watch that live again 

I stopped watching football in 2007 while I was working full time and doing my MSc part time (prior to that I was super heavily into it, as evidenced by my presence in threads on this board pre-dating 2007) AND THEN... I just never watched any at all after that. I don't miss it whatsoever. I think it's a big stupid waste of money and I wouldn't care in the slightest if it ceased to exist tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I also went to a live ice hockey game with friends once and had a surprisingly great time??? Would def watch that live again 

This almost redeems your blasphemous statement about Taxi Driver! Almost...

but seriously, hockey, in by biased opinion (it’s my favorite sport) is the best live experience in all of team sports. You really can’t appreciate the speed and skill involved without seeing it in person. 

I always enjoyed sports , played soccer , basketball and football growing up , tried hockey but was shit at it (it's really difficult! Nictarion is right , they do make it look easy) 

As for watching, I only watch big games and mostly pick up news through the grapevine at work .

Sopranos is excellent.

Here's a new one , I hate shrimp .

Seinfeld was and still is great.

Soccer is boring as hell. I have only watched one game in my life and that was basically because I had to. We were in Germany for work and it was the German championship? BVB and Munich(?)... I just know our host and town was for BVB and so we rooted for them. I will say it was a fun time and the whole bar/restaurant was closed and rearranged to watch it and it was fun as hell. The game, not so much.

Baseball is also boring, have to admit that. Haven't watched a game in almost two years. Detroit Tigers suck so my excitement level is gone.

ABBA, eh...I can listen to a song or two but will never seek it out.

I hate whiskey. Just the smell makes me want to vomit. I'm sure it has nothing to do with excessive drinking of it in the past... 

7 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

Guacamole makes you fat?!?

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I covered this in the first thread but any chance to shit on Clarkson is welcome day by me!

You'll love this.

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This almost redeems your blasphemous statement about Taxi Driver! Almost...

but seriously, hockey, in by biased opinion (it’s my favorite sport) is the best live experience in all of team sports. You really can’t appreciate the speed and skill involved without seeing it in person. 

Hey I didn’t say it was a bad film. I just said it was boring :P 

7 hours ago, Marko Antonivic said:

Also tv may be getting better and better but Sopranos is still unrivaled 

Yeah it's hard to argue that Sopranos isn't the best show ever.  Each episode was an adventure and could stand on its own, yet it still managed to be serialized.  Plus the amount of talent that worked on it is breathtaking.  Weiner, Winter, Burgess.

Archived