Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

this is timely

NOOOOOOOOO!

Do not EVER put it on a wooden board! That's just asking for food poisoning!

23 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I don't understand why people eat what's pretty much raw meat. Like, our ancestors worked hard inventing fire. And they didn't do it so their children would munch down pink salmonella infested sludge.

When it comes to steak stuff like salmonella will only be on the surface. So you avoid that you are fairly safe. Ground meat is obviously a different story.

4 minutes ago, Yukle said:

NOOOOOOOOO!

Do not EVER put it on a wooden board! That's just asking for food poisoning!

Correct.

Good steak goes on a stick OR in a brown paper bag.

2 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

When it comes to steak stuff like salmonella will only be on the surface. So you avoid that you are fairly safe. Ground meat is obviously a different story.

E-coli too. I never understood how people can order a rare or medium rare hamburger at a restaurant.  Ground beef is like all surface.

Yeah I know, "It's delicious."

7 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Correct.

Good steak goes on a stick OR in a brown paper bag.

Or the bin.

But I don't eat meat. :P It's another one of those unpopular opinions, though, that I don't get the fuss with steak. To me, it's meat with nothing done to it. I love bolognese, which is a useful use of meat. Steak is kind of meh.

35 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Or the bin.

Well, let's not go overboard here.

But I don't eat meat. :P It's another one of those unpopular opinions, though, that I don't get the fuss with steak. To me, it's meat with nothing done to it. I love bolognese, which is a useful use of meat. Steak is kind of meh.

HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN UNPOPULAR OPINION IN THE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS THREAD!?

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I forgot of my most unpopular opinion, craft beer is the ultimate example of the emperors new clothes, its overpriced and smells like wet dog.  And most of the bars that sell it are shite.

You just haven’t had the right craft beers then. Go right to the breweries themselves and cut out the middle man. 

7 hours ago, Yukle said:

Here's an unpopular opinion:

I loved that scene. And I loved the sex scene where they have heaps of holes. The bit where the architect was speaking gibberish was so amazing and cool. And I just loved it in the third movie when the old man shouted at robots for a hundred and sixty-four hours while his gun went "BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA"

lulz, nah, I'm not stupid. Obviously the films sucked. Except the car chase in the second movie. That was cool.

The only thing i liked is that they gave us this.

7 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I think the assembly Cut if Alien3 is a masterpiece.

The Assembly cut is mostly a mess. It had the potential to be a masterpiece.

The reason it isn't called "directors cut" is because Fincher refused to have anything to do with it.  I don't think he even did any commentary for the DVD.

14 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Well except that people do eat it raw more often than you think. Was in Germany for a work thing and we were out to dinner and a woman ordered, no idea the name of the dish, but it was raw ground beef. It came with crackers and some topping sauce. They explained that it is a delicacy there, was in Koln (Cologne). We talked about it for a while and she was like, yeah when we eat it at home we smell it, and have the CAT smell it and if the cat doesn't turn up it's nose then they eat it! She used a lot of salt and the crackers and enjoyed it, offered me some and i tried to be as polite as i could but hell no! I did try blood sausage that night, never again.....

59 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Well except that people do eat it raw more often than you think. Was in Germany for a work thing and we were out to dinner and a woman ordered, no idea the name of the dish, but it was raw ground beef. It came with crackers and some topping sauce. They explained that it is a delicacy there, was in Koln (Cologne). We talked about it for a while and she was like, yeah when we eat it at home we smell it, and have the CAT smell it and if the cat doesn't turn up it's nose then they eat it! She used a lot of salt and the crackers and enjoyed it, offered me some and i tried to be as polite as i could but hell no! I did try blood sausage that night, never again.....

It still comes to down to the area of the preparation. Salmonella and E-Coli are due to unsanitary condition and nothing with the meat itself. You have a clean area and the meat is healthy you are fairly safe to eat it. I will never do raw steak or ground meat but it is personal preference.

For me, Steak should be Medium-Rare yet understand why people prefer more cooked. Except for Well done, those people should be removed from respectable society.:P

19 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

It still comes to down to the area of the preparation. Salmonella and E-Coli are due to unsanitary condition and nothing with the meat itself. You have a clean area and the meat is healthy you are fairly safe to eat it. I will never do raw steak or ground meat but it is personal preference.

For me, Steak should be Medium-Rare yet understand why people prefer more cooked. Except for Well done, those people should be removed from respectable society.:P

I like well done, even though I prefer medium well. I started eating well done because of ASOIAF. Dragons prefer their meat charred. :P:lol:

Ed Helms isn't funny and TAG should bomb at the box office with everyone going to see Incredibles 2 and Jurassic Park/World/Kingdom/Infinity/Whatever.

P.S.  The Jurassic Park franchise is overrated. I've only read one novel--Prey--by Michael Crichton.  I'm sure it's another case of the book being better than the movie.  I've always enjoyed Spielberg's rated R films over the family-friendly stuff.  His comic relief is too cheesy.  Pixar gets it right.  Go see Incredibles 2.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

It's called mettbrötchen or just Mett and it's actually ground pork not beef , really fatty too . It's popular in Belgium and the Netherlands as well . It's pretty good actually, used to have it at home (mother is German from Bonn , right next to köln ).

I hate pickles.

Archived