Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

35 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Ed Helms isn't funny

I was reading about the (US) Office a couple months ago during a rewatch, and they took him off the show for awhile (when he goes to anger management) because his character was so disliked by audiences.  Helms said even his own mother had trouble watching the show because she found him so annoying.

1 hour ago, Vin said:

It's called mettbrötchen or just Mett and it's actually ground pork not beef , really fatty too . It's popular in Belgium and the Netherlands as well . It's pretty good actually, used to have it at home (mother is German from Bonn , right next to köln ).

I hate pickles.

This was ground beef, I vividly remember the discussion because beef is not very common in the area. One of our hosts told us do not order a steak while here because it is no where near the quality of the US. She sat across from me and we laughed about it quite a bit since I am squeemish about medium steaks let alone raw. 

I will tell you I loved Koln, had my favorite pork schnitzel dinner while there(had it like 3 other times while in Germany). We walked the town quite a bit and visited the cathedral for a tour. Absolutely stunning inside, could have spent an entire day in there and still not seen it all. We saw the roman floor that was uncovered in the 1980-90's, and their was an active archaeological dig happening in what was determined to be a jewish settlement from long long ago. Amazing history for an American who was in Europe for the first time.

And I love dill pickles

2 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Russel Crowe is terrible actor and person and ruins 99 percent of the things he's in.

I hate Olives.

How come? Not salty enough for you?

*chckles to self* 

*jots in notepad*

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Russel Crowe is terrible actor and person and ruins 99 percent of the things he's in.

I hate Olives.

I am with you on the olives! Maybe now that I am older I will like them, but I doubt it.

I hate sweet pickles

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I am with you on the olives! Maybe now that I am older I will like them, but I doubt it.

I hate sweet pickles

Oh I love dill pickles and hate sweet pickles. We should start a convention.

9 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I dunno. The repeated abuse he suffered was one of the highlights of the Hangover films

I can't watch him for longer then 10 seconds. His mannerisms are EXACTLY like someone I knew in college and it drives me INSANE.

1 hour ago, DMBouazizi said:

I was reading about the (US) Office a couple months ago during a rewatch, and they took him off the show for awhile (when he goes to anger management) because his character was so disliked by audiences.  Helms said even his own mother had trouble watching the show because she found him so annoying.

And somehow he gets worse towards the end of the series. 

33 minutes ago, dbunting said:

This was ground beef, I vividly remember the discussion because beef is not very common in the area. One of our hosts told us do not order a steak while here because it is no where near the quality of the US. She sat across from me and we laughed about it quite a bit since I am squeemish about medium steaks let alone raw. 

I will tell you I loved Koln, had my favorite pork schnitzel dinner while there(had it like 3 other times while in Germany). We walked the town quite a bit and visited the cathedral for a tour. Absolutely stunning inside, could have spent an entire day in there and still not seen it all. We saw the roman floor that was uncovered in the 1980-90's, and their was an active archaeological dig happening in what was determined to be a jewish settlement from long long ago. Amazing history for an American who was in Europe for the first time.

And I love dill pickles

The traditional way is with pork but I guess some places can make it with beef . Funny thing is It's the salt that matters most for the taste . 

Nordrhein-Westfalen in general is a great state for tourism ,especially since it has a full state transportation subscription. The cathedral is amazing , everytime I see it I'm awed , I also love the bridge . Shame you didn't get to see the karneval .it's pretty great  . There's also Beethoven house and a couple of cool castles like Drachenburg  , oh and definitely the arts and exhibition hall . The chocolate museum is fun but the botanical gardens are better imo anyway , definitely worth visiting the state again.

I hated interstellar.

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

And somehow he gets worse towards the end of the series. 

Well, the whole series progressively got worse towards the end of the series.

21 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Well, the whole series progressively got worse towards the end of the series.

It wasn’t as good without Steve Carell, but the only season I really didn’t like was the one with James Spader (8?). 

I think it had one of the best series finales though. The Shield, Six Feet Under, and The Office (US) are probably my favorites when it comes to finales. 

12 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

It wasn’t as good without Steve Carell, but the only season I really didn’t like was the one with James Spader (8?). 

I think it had one of the best series finales though. The Shield, Six Feet Under, and The Office (US) are probably my favorites when it comes to finales. 

Don't care what people say about it being too rehabilitative of Walt's character and fan service-y, I loved the Breaking Bad finale.

7 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Don't care what people say about it being too rehabilitative of Walt's character and fan service-y, I loved the Breaking Bad finale.

I didn't realize that was unpopular.  I thought the entire final season was brilliant.  The finale was perfect.

-

I think John Kricfalusi is overrated.

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I didn't realize that was unpopular.  I thought the entire final season was brilliant.  The finale was perfect.

Not so much unpopular, more that many thought Ozymandias was the better episode. 

Archived