Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Cakes > Rice Krispy Treats > Doughnuts > Cookies. 

Ketchup is an excellent condiment to dip your burger in, not slather it on as a topping. 

Mayonnaise is vile, awful, and slimy. I have no idea why it's a popular condiment at all. 

Steak fries are the most delicious fries. They are far better than those inexplicably popular skinny fries. The only thing that comes close to matching steak fries in quality is a good pile of well-cooked potato wedges (cooked enough to be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside - nothing ruins a potato wedge like a soft exterior and firm potato-y interior). 

Dry rub seasoning is better than bbq sauce seasoning on steaks and ribs. 

Diet soda is tastier than regular soda. Regular soda is too sweet. 

Almost every restaurant with General Tso's chicken screws it up by adding too much batter, and by making the sauce both too sweet and too pepper-y. I can only think of a handful of places with General Tso's Chicken that get it delicious. 

20 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh I greatly prefer diet soda, but I was born diabetic.

Yeah, "not dying" is also something I look for in a soda.

I don't consume soft drinks at all.  The only canned drinks in my fridge are club soda or beer.  Club soda is very refreshing after you've had a few beers.  Or, Add a bit of Simply Limeade juice and you get a nice, light fizzy drink that isn't cloying.

I bought one'a them fancy ginger ales once.  I can't remember the brand but it came in an old-timey glass bottle and claimed to have real ginger and cane sugar and not a bunch of chemicals, etc.  It was brilliant. At the first sip I thought, "Oh! So this is what it's supposed to taste like."

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I uh..I

I don't like beer.

:leaving:

Same . I don't like alcohol in general but I do enjoy the seasonal scotch(and by seasonal I really mean every 3-5 months)

20 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I’ve never watched Seinfeld but I’d probably like it. It’s always sunny is one of my favourite things ever and everyone in that is The Worst 

But everyone in parks and rec is the best and that is just as awesome. 

29 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I’ve never watched Seinfeld but I’d probably like it. It’s always sunny is one of my favourite things ever and everyone in that is The Worst 

I feel like a lot of the movies and shows I watch revolve around awful people. If I never watched anything because the people in it were bad then I wouldn’t watch much tbh

10 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I uh..I

I don't like beer.

:leaving:

:frown5:

4 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

I used to dislike beer, but six months spent living in Germany helped me overcome this terrible personality defect.

:D

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

1 hour ago, Marko Antonivic said:

I feel like a lot of the movies and shows I watch revolve around awful people. If I never watched anything because the people in it were bad then I wouldn’t watch much tbh

That's kind of the problem with Seinfeld. That formula has been copied in multiple ways since then and a few of them have, arguably, done it better.

Plus I've watched enough Seinfeld for my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I liked american Gangster, though I think Frank Lucas is a more interesting character than the movie portrays him to be.

Same, they made him look a lot kinder than he really was. I also thought it was dumb how they ended things with his wife in the movie. The two are still married til this day.

1 minute ago, Red Tiger said:

Same, they made him look a lot kinder than he really was. I also thought it was dumb how they ended things with his wife in the movie. The two are still married til this day.

Films have a tendency of doing that.  Goodfellas: Paul Sorvino as Paulie Cicero was a sort of wise old sage with an old-school way of doing things.  The real Paul Vario was a violent man who once beat his mistress with a baseball bat.  Tommy and Jimmy were also far less charming and far scarier in real life than what was portrayed in the film; and they were pretty scary in the film.

Still, Frank Lucas is interesting to me partly because, looking at the totality of his money and assets, he may have been one of the richest private individuals in the United States at the time of his arrest.  I had never heard of him before the film.

Archived