Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Season 1 of Fargo was the best season.

Even Apple disagree with that opinion, autocomplete changed was to wasnt :P (

That really shouldn’t be an unpopular opinion. S1 & 2 are pretty close for me. 

Now if someone said S3 was the best...

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

That really shouldn’t be an unpopular opinion. S1 & 2 are pretty close for me. 

Now if someone said S3 was the best...

Oops, I Kinda missed the part off that i didn’t really like season 2, rather than just prefering season 1. Season 3 was easily the weakest though

I don't like Ribeye steaks.   Too fatty. Give me a trimmed NY strip every time. Oh and another unpopular opinion, make it medium well, none of that rare shit for me! If I want rare meat I will go bite a cow in a pasture.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

I don't like Ribeye steaks.   Too fatty. Give me a trimmed NY strip every time. Oh and another unpopular opinion, make it medium well, none of that rare shit for me! If I want rare meat I will go bite a cow in a pasture.

100% Agree on the medium well part 

I hate coleslaw.

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

:thumbsdown: I can eat a medium rare ribeye every day of the week. So good.

This board is clearly populated with monsters.

I like a good medium rare steak, but I'll typically order medium because It's not as easy to mess it up.  Don't like 'em bloody.

I really like lamb if it's done right.  I've added a couple of lamb chops to country style pork ribs to see what would happen.  Once when a friend was smoking them on a weber grill and once broasting.  The former was clearly done wrong but had some promise.  A different (cooler) rub and not so long on the heat would have been great. The latter was good too.

I hated pinapple all my life, as I had only ever tried it out of a can (blech), on a pizza (blech) or cooked in some other way or in syrup or dried or synthetic.  Then I tried it raw and sliced, I don't know when, and my first thought was "You gotta fucking be kidding me!"

All my life.

I love Humans (the tv show, not necessarily actual humans- are you kidding?) and I don't give a flying fuck about Westworld.

And I wasn't able to hop on the American Gods tv thread so I dunno how people felt about Anansi's depiction there but I wish they had veered closer to the way the character spoke in the books rather than utter hackneyed phrases like "She kept the party going" in the tv show.

It may be a nitpick and it might not even go with this thread but I just had to let that out. :mellow:

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I like a good medium rare steak, but I'll typically order medium because It's not as easy to mess it up.  Don't like 'em bloody.

Common misconception, the red stuff that oozes out of steak isn't blood, its myoglobin (which admittedly doesn't necessarily sound that much more appetizing).

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Common misconception, the red stuff that oozes out of steak isn't blood, its myoglobin (which admittedly doesn't necessarily sound that much more appetizing).

Is myoglobin anything like McDonalds pink slime!?!?

Hell to the no on rare or med rare. Plenty of friends who like it that way and I just can't do it, a texture thing for me. 

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Last Flight of the Osiris" should have opened the second film. They could have left the rave scene on the cutting room floor.

Here's an unpopular opinion:

I loved that scene. And I loved the sex scene where they have heaps of holes. The bit where the architect was speaking gibberish was so amazing and cool. And I just loved it in the third movie when the old man shouted at robots for a hundred and sixty-four hours while his gun went "BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA"

lulz, nah, I'm not stupid. Obviously the films sucked. Except the car chase in the second movie. That was cool.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't understand why people eat what's pretty much raw meat. Like, our ancestors worked hard inventing fire. And they didn't do it so their children would munch down pink salmonella infested sludge.

13 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I don't understand why people eat what's pretty much raw meat. Like, our ancestors worked hard inventing fire. And they didn't do it so their children would munch down pink salmonella infested sludge.

Because it's delicious.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

So it's "blood-ish".

21 minutes ago, Yukle said:

6 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Because it's delicious.

this is timely

Archived