Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

15 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Not so much unpopular, more that many thought Ozymandias was the better episode. 

Dunno. I think for a series as highly serialized as breaking bad, you really have to evaluate each season as a whole.

Given how grim the final season was, the finale was tense.  I honestly had no idea what was going to happen.

I can't wait for the next season of Better Call Saul.

29 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I can't wait for the next season of Better Call Saul.

I dunno...

Spoiler

With Chuck dead the show becomes even more so Breaking Bad lite.  I image we'll see more of the developing relationship between Jimmy and Mike, but based on the continuity we shouldn't see much if any interaction between the former and Gus - who I suspect will also be a major character.  Overall, this is my way of saying it's rapidly becoming less Better Call Saul and more Breaking Bad: the prequel.  Which is whatever, but obviously means no more Micheal McKean, who was great, and probably less and less of Kim (Rhea Seehorn), who's both been fantastic and whose relationship with Jimmy has been the heart of the show.

7 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

I dunno...

Hide contents

With Chuck dead the show becomes even more so Breaking Bad lite.  I image we'll see more of the developing relationship between Jimmy and Mike, but based on the continuity we shouldn't see much if any interaction between the former and Gus - who I suspect will also be a major character.  Overall, this is my way of saying it's rapidly becoming less Better Call Saul and more Breaking Bad: the prequel.  Which is whatever, but obviously means no more Micheal McKean, who was great, and probably less and less of Kim (Rhea Seehorn), who's both been fantastic and whose relationship with Jimmy has been the heart of the show.

Spoiler

I'm not completely sure he is.

Isn't the rest sort of inevitable?  The two have to connect eventually. 

I'd like to see more of the flash-forward story play out.  I'm interested to see how Jimmy Magill's story ends.  I'd also like to see how the other arcs end.  Clearly most of these people are out of the frame in the BrBa timeline.

You know Saul kept a copy of that squat cobbler videotape. It will be his ruin.

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Isn't the rest sort of inevitable?  The two have to connect eventually.

I suppose. 

Spoiler

I just liked the other characters and wanted it to be their show longer. :dunno:  Now I suspect it's going to be primarily "Saul," Mike, and Gus.  Which we've already seen.

I hate ketchup, and kind of look down on people who like it.

Going back through the thread:

On 6/14/2018 at 4:31 PM, Vin said:

100% Agree on the medium well part  

https://i.imgur.com/U00Zj4Q.jpg

But personally rare all the way, but half the time if you ask for rare you get medium.

I also love tattoos and think neck tattoos look awesome. But I'll never get a tattoo, because I'm far too fickle, I'd end up not liking it.

1 hour ago, The BelgianBear said:

Going back through the thread:

https://i.imgur.com/U00Zj4Q.jpg

But personally rare all the way, but half the time if you ask for rare you get medium.

I also love tattoos and think neck tattoos look awesome. But I'll never get a tattoo, because I'm far too fickle, I'd end up not liking it.

30 seconds past medium is my thing.

I don't get tattoos. If I like something so much I get a poster of it or something not have it permanently needled under my skin :dunno:

5 hours ago, The BelgianBear said:

I hate ketchup, and kind of look down on people who like it.

That would be almost everybody.  You look down on almost everybody.

Now, if you're talking about Ketchup on steak, I'm right there with you.

Homemade ketchup is very different from what you buy in the store, though it still doesn't make a good steak sauce.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Homemade ketchup is very different from what you buy in the store, though it still doesn't make a good steak sauce.

I don't mean to, I just find it so vile and.. simple. I just can't fathom how anyone can like it. In my mind it's the condiment of children. It's one of those thoughts I don't generally voice, but that's the point of this thread right?

I really don't like any of Gordon Ramsey's reality TV shows.  I watch Kitchen Nightmares as a guilty pleasure, but not anything else.  Reality TV was never terribly good to begin with, but it really jumped the shark when it became this cheap voyeurism where boobs who aren't as clever or talented as they think they are get screamed at by millionaires.  I have never seen an episode of American Idol nor do I want to.

Having said that, I think Gordon Ramsey's YouTube basic-cooking videos are fantastic.  

5 minutes ago, The BelgianBear said:

I don't mean to, I just find it so vile and.. simple. I just can't fathom how anyone can like it. In my mind it's the condiment of children. It's one of those thoughts I don't generally voice, but that's the point of this thread right?

It's become that.  There is definitely a "mass produced" quality to it and it's so cheap and plentiful.  I think commercially produced Ketchup is generally sweeter and less complex than a good homemade example.  Hence the appeal to children.

18 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I really don't like any of Gordon Ramsey's reality TV shows.  I watch Kitchen Nightmares as a guilty pleasure, but not anything else.

Oh, I hate all cooking shows.  They have ruined my family!  That's obviously an exaggeration, but everyone else in my family is at least somewhat into them, so whenever we all get together I spend a substantial amount of time feeling left out.  And as you said, I never got reality shows from the first season of Survivor (or Road Rules, or Real World), and still have never had any interest.

27 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Oh, I hate all cooking shows.  They have ruined my family!  That's obviously an exaggeration, but everyone else in my family is at least somewhat into them, so whenever we all get together I spend a substantial amount of time feeling left out.  And as you said, I never got reality shows from the first season of Survivor (or Road Rules, or Real World), and still have never had any interest.

Yeah but what I'm talking about aren't really cooking shows; they're variations on American Idol that have a vague relationship with food.

We used to watch Wok with Yan a lot when I was a kid.  Justin Wilson (Louisiana Cookin') is still great.  Martha Stewart is even pretty good.  I have to support her because she went to jail for insider trading while serious criminals got billions for nearly destroying the world.

I was also a fan of Nigela Lawson.  Try to blame me.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Well hell the last few posts have nailed me. I love ketchup, but only Heinz. Never on steak, that would be a sin. A1 or nothing but it's own juices.

Ketchup with french fries, hot dogs(and mustard), hamburgers(depending on toppings), hashbrowns, home fries, cornedbeef hash...I am sure there is more but fuck it, I like it and that's that!

I like a lot of cooking shows and a lot of "reality" shows. No I don't think they are real but some of them have interesting people or are about things I am interested in. I still watch Survivor, have since day one. Watch Forged in Fire, Gold Rush, and Jersey Shore, with my daughter. 

31 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Well hell the last few posts have nailed me. I love ketchup, but only Heinz. Never on steak, that would be a sin. A1 or nothing but it's own juices.

Ketchup with french fries, hot dogs(and mustard), hamburgers(depending on toppings), hashbrowns, home fries, cornedbeef hash...I am sure there is more but fuck it, I like it and that's that!

I like a lot of cooking shows and a lot of "reality" shows. No I don't think they are real but some of them have interesting people or are about things I am interested in. I still watch Survivor, have since day one. Watch Forged in Fire, Gold Rush, and Jersey Shore, with my daughter. 

I once has the good fortune to eat at a high end steakhouse at no cost to me.  I had the 45-day dry aged New York strip.  I decided to try it sans-gravy because I wanted to taste the meat.

Very flavorful, very tender, but not an abundance of juice.  The meat was great, but I should have ordered a gravy.  Herbed garlic butter would have been been heavenly.  I probably should have ordered it "rare" as well.  I think I ordered medium rare but I might have ordered "medium".  I'm also inclined to think a fattier cut of meat would have been more suitable, like the ribeye mentioned earlier.

-

Oh, and I have no opinion on the Jurassic world sequel.

Ah that's another unpopular opinion - I don't like ketchup on my burger.  Or rather, I don't like it unless it's a shitty burger.  If it's a goodburger, I find the ketchup to be too dominant as opposed to the thing I actually want to taste.

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah but what I'm talking about aren't really cooking shows; they're variations on American Idol that have a vague relationship with food.

We used to watch Wok with Yan a lot when I was a kid.  Justin Wilson (Louisiana Cookin') is still great.  Martha Stewart is even pretty good.  I have to support her because she went to jail for insider trading while serious criminals got billions for nearly destroying the world.

I was also a fan of Nigela Lawson.  Try to blame me.

I’m still a fan of nigella lawson, sue me 

Archived