Sign in to follow this  
RedEyedGhost

June '18 Reading - Something something witty.

All done with Pride and Prejudice. I'm now halfway through the Austen canon. Sense and Sensibility is still my favourite so far, though P&P probably contains more memorable lines and has some wonderfully loathsome villains. Both superb reads anyway.

Now on to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. After that I'm tossing up between The Life of Pi or maybe a return to genre SFF with The Assassin's Apprentice

On 6/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, shortstark said:

Read the first Dresden book, was underwhelmed, will read the next two to see if there is improvement. 

From what I remember, at around the 3rd book, the quality and story pick up quite a bit. I've read maybe the first 6.

This will be a short recap about how I ended June before going to the July.

I finished Myths of Adventim on the 30th, this was a weekend home read that took most of the month.  It was alright, but it was focused on education which the front cover and back cover only implied was among the topics to be discussed not "the" topic.

And that was June.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, williamjm said:

For a series about the end of the world in which lots of horrific things happen Jemisin does manage to avoid it being relentlessly depressing.

Speaking of end of the world stories, I've just started Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I thought I should read it before the TV adaptation comes out.

I'm going to be reading that sometime in July myself.