Cricket 33: ODIs Still Aren’t Proper Cricket Edition

Paxter

6 hours ago, williamjm said:

If they do get Kohli early, it's important they don't lose intensity - with such a small target Karthik and the tale could still get over the line.

Pandya can smash it around too and get a quickfire 30 through a combination of edges, full-blooded drives and pulls - which is dangerous for a small target. Still, 80+ runs and 5 wickets in hand it's still a pretty even game - great Test match overall. I'd say India slight favourites but that could all change in a flash if Kohli goes early.

Whew, yeah, I don't know, there was a little bit on snicko but it's not much. Sharma didn't look like he thought he'd hit it anyway. Rashid's done what he's apparently been picked for and whipped out the tailender though.

I'm not sure why Pandya was giving so much of the strike to Sharma though.

7 hours ago, Paxter said:

Kohli for man of the match? 

I think he should be. Curran did an excellent job, but without Kohli India would have been nowhere close.

It was a great Test, it was difficult to pick a winner almost the whole way through (until maybe the 9th wicket fell for India because I think they had too much to do after that).

Both sides will have to go away and think a bit about their batting line-up. Malan must be on borrowed time for England now, the dropped catches didn't help.

Both sides have lots of positives but the batting is a mess. India are going to have to unearth some form quickly otherwise the English bowling lineup is going to feast on them for the rest of the series. Although this wicket turned a bit from the start, I don't think it was treacherous.

Archived