Cricket 33: ODIs Still Aren’t Proper Cricket Edition

Paxter

I feel for the Aussie bowlers. Everyone is focusing on their stats vs Indian fast bowlers. While this was easily the best pace attack India ever(?) produced, they bowled to a fragile Aussie batting lineup while the Aussie bowlers bowled to friggin Pujara and Kohli! Indian bowlers barely had a challenge. Cummins was their biggest adversary :P

Watching the highlights of the Aussie batters getting out is quite enraging. Ugh.

I think both sides bowled pretty well. Indian bowlers were rewarded for it, while Aussies got dicked by Pujara. Starc is probably the only one who didn't bowl well overall compared to normal.

Poms are gonna roll us in England....

3 hours ago, The Winged Shadow said:

I feel for the Aussie bowlers. Everyone is focusing on their stats vs Indian fast bowlers. While this was easily the best pace attack India ever(?) produced, they bowled to a fragile Aussie batting lineup while the Aussie bowlers bowled to friggin Pujara and Kohli! Indian bowlers barely had a challenge. Cummins was their biggest adversary :P

Watching the highlights of the Aussie batters getting out is quite enraging. Ugh.

I think both sides bowled pretty well. Indian bowlers were rewarded for it, while Aussies got dicked by Pujara. Starc is probably the only one who didn't bowl well overall compared to normal.

Poms are gonna roll us in England....

Yeah I'd agree with that TWS. Bowling on Day 1 against Agarwal and Pujara in both Melbourne and Sydney was a much tougher ask than bowling second against the likes of Finch, Marsh and Khawaja. 

I think a lot of the frustration is more about the Adelaide first innings. India were 6-127 and could have been rolled for 150, but Australia allowed Ashwin and co to bat for another 30 overs. That one bowling performance turned about to be very decisive in the context of the series. 

ETA: England's Ashes reclamation hopes are at an all-time high (or at least, since the '80s). I'm guessing that means the English will stuff it up.

The worst thing about the aussie batting 'display' is that warner is almost certain to be slotted back in the team. For some reason warner being put back in would piss me off more than smith being ushered straight back in.

I think its time some younger guys were thrown in at the deep end in the top 6 and given a year or 2 to see what they are made of because i think that will lead to better results in the long term. Go with Harris, Renshaw/Burns, Khawaja, Smith, Lehman/Pucovski, Stoinis, Paine, Cummins, Starc, Lyon, Hazelwood. Its really unfortunate that Renshaw couldnt find some form before the damn bbl interupted the shield season because I think he had done enough to hold his place for a fair while.

16 hours ago, Paxter said:

ETA: England's Ashes reclamation hopes are at an all-time high (or at least, since the '80s). I'm guessing that means the English will stuff it up.

I think England might have been more confident in 2013 when they had a more settled team, I think there are still too many uncertainties at the top of the order for them to be assuming victory.

18 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I think England might have been more confident in 2013 when they had a more settled team, I think there are still too many uncertainties at the top of the order for them to be assuming victory.

I’d guess that is why Paxter used ‘reclamation’, as England were holders then.

1 hour ago, williamjm said:

England still have a more settled top order than Australia!

I'm expecting to see Bairstow at three unless he goes really badly in the Caribbean. 

Archived