U.S. Politics: If Trump Is In Attendance, The Next Protest Should Be A Roman Salute

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

It sends the message that you develop nukes, you get a seat at the table.  As soon as they test nukes, they get a sit down with the president. 

He's not giving up his nukes.  This whole thing is a farce.  If something positive comes from it great, but we all know that's not going to be the case.  My bet is Kim feels emboldened.  

Yes, but this is simply fundamentally true and has been true long before Trump came in and oranged up the place.  No nukes = you might get regime changed.  Our behavior has proven that.  Nuclear armed countries are taken seriously because they have to be, which is why every two bit dictator wants them.  I just don’t think it’s some major blow that Trump is going his own way on this one.  Yea it might not work, but nothing else has either.

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new U.S.-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Maybe it is me, but I read @2 like: currently there are TWO regimes on the Korean Peninsula, and Trump has agreed to work towards ONE. 

10 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

I hate to say it again, but Trump may have far more political acumen that people here give him credit for. He found the perfect issue to use. If the negotiations appear to progress for just five little months, he will secure an iron grip on U.S. institutions for another two years.

Mmn... not sure about that. Either way, Democrats or Republicans, them institutions done did broke.

Archived