Would it matter if Daenerys and Jon Snow were infertile?

norwaywolf123

20 minutes ago, Barbrey Dustin said:

I am not a fan of Val but why would she marry a wight?  Are you saying Jon is the Nk come again and Val is his ice queen?  I can see it the other way around.  Val is the human of the pair and Jon is the ice king.  The pair can sacrifice their children and Arya to the others in exchange for peace.

I said IF Jon ends up with someone and never said anything about marriage. I simply find it more likely he would be with Val rather than Arya or Sansa like others in this thread have suggested. Neither of the sisters Stark are in the North, let alone at the Wall, and they all presently believe they are siblings. Whether or not Jon will be come back as a typical wight, whatever Beric Dondarrion was, or something else entirely remains to be seen. If he does come back as the typical wight from beyond the Wall, a blue eyed mute who tries to kill people, I'd assume either the NW, Wildlings or Queen's men would most likely burn him.

I don't see why Arya would be in the position to be sacrificed, she's not even in Westeros right now.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:25 AM, Kandrax said:

I wanted to say that Daenerys as widow of khal was supposed to join dosh khaleen. Once she joins dosh there would be no more sex for her. No sex, no baby.

If that was what the prophecy, prophecised, then the prophecy has already been broken.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:42 AM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I suspect Daenerys might be the reason Willas Tyrell is still unmarried, despite being the heir, while all his younger siblings have married. Even with a bad leg he's still one of if not thee most eligible bachelor in Westeros and him not even being betrothed until Sansa was brought up is a bit suspect, in my opinion. Perhaps the Tyrells knew all along about the Viserys/Arianne betrothal or figured it out through Willas' friendship with Oberyn and the letters they have exchanged through the years were not just discussing horse flesh. Either way I hope we got to see Willas in the next book while the Iron Born attempt to invade.

If Jon ends up with someone I believe it will be Val and not one of his sister-cousins.

Tyrells could also have hoped for Willas to take over House Stark while his younger brother Garlan rules House Tyrell.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:42 PM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I suspect Daenerys might be the reason Willas Tyrell is still unmarried, despite being the heir, while all his younger siblings have married. Even with a bad leg he's still one of if not thee most eligible bachelor in Westeros and him not even being betrothed until Sansa was brought up is a bit suspect, in my opinion. Perhaps the Tyrells knew all along about the Viserys/Arianne betrothal or figured it out through Willas' friendship with Oberyn and the letters they have exchanged through the years were not just discussing horse flesh. Either way I hope we got to see Willas in the next book while the Iron Born attempt to invade.

If Jon ends up with someone I believe it will be Val and not one of his sister-cousins.

A Dany + Willas marriage is not a bad political match.  

3 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Tyrells could also have hoped for Willas to take over House Stark while his younger brother Garlan rules House Tyrell.

Garland had already become the Lord of Brightwater Keep before the Willas/Sansa betrothal was being planned by the Tyrells. The plan was for Sansa to marry Willas and become the Lady of Highgarden and one of her children with Willas would be able to lay claim to Winterfell in the future. Willas becoming the lord of Winterfell would be a step down for him, especially since it's been burned down and the North was infested with Iron Born.

However my main point was Willas was already over 20 by the time the Sansa betrothal was ever discussed. It's not as if the Tyrell's knew all the male Starks would be presumed dead and Sansa would be unmarried and the possible key to a Kingdom. Still Willas stayed unmarried while all his younger siblings married. I believe the reason is because the Tyrells knew of the Viserys/Arianne betrothal and kept Willas single so Willas could marry Daenerys if they thought backing the Targaryens was a smart move. Like the Martells, they fought for the Targaryens against Robert so maybe they thought their House would suffer under Robert's rule as Robert married his brother and heir to a Florent. Then Viserys married Daenerys to the Dothraki and Margaery starting marrying kings so they aborted that plan and Willas was open for Sansa. However Dany is single again and has armies and dragon and the Tyrell/Lannister alliance appears to be faltering, so the Willas/Daenerys marriage is still a possibility. The only upgrade from lord of Highgarden would be the consort to the Queen of the Seven Kingsdoms.

Archived