"Best" GoT edition?

RandalThorres

Hi!

First at all, sorry for my bad english...

I don't know at all if this is the best side to write this...

I wanna know what is the best edition of Game of Thrones that you think there are, illustrated i mean.

I wanna buy the first book in english and I want 1 edition illustrated. I have seen the 20th anniversary edition and smells like spring spirit, but maybe exists one better edtion, any recomendation?

Thanks!

You will have to pay a massive amount of money for the Meisha Merlin (illustrated by the late Jeffrey Jones) or Subterranean Press (illustrated by Ted Nasmith) limited editions, so I'd say that the anniversary edition is your best bet for an illustrated English edition.

5 hours ago, fire&blood said:

I have this version. I didn't know there were multiple illustrated editions, but this one is really pretty.

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Illustrated-Song-Fire/dp/0553808044/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1528327663&sr=1-9&keywords=a+game+of+thrones

Ooh, that's so pretty. Just from the sample that is. I already have all the books, so Idk if I wanna purchase them again just for the sake of some pretty pictures but they are nice

13 hours ago, JaneSnow said:

Ooh, that's so pretty. Just from the sample that is. I already have all the books, so Idk if I wanna purchase them again just for the sake of some pretty pictures but they are nice

Yeah, the illustrations are really pretty and so is the cover. I have all the books too, but this one I hold with the vane hope of having GRRM sign it one day. One can dream, right? ;)

10 hours ago, fire&blood said:

Yeah, the illustrations are really pretty and so is the cover. I have all the books too, but this one I hold with the vane hope of having GRRM sign it one day. One can dream, right? ;)

I hope to someday meet him too. At least you can still find illustrations online. I'm not really good at picturing stuff in my head so I don't really have a mental image for any of the characters

Archived