AWOIAF, available in your ebook reader

xyfir

Hello, ASOIAF fans! I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've been working on something I think you'll all find very intriguing: converting articles from this wiki into annotations on xyAnnotations, which can be integrated directly into ebooks and viewed in just about any ebook reader. It's really neat being able to just tap on a name or phrase or location within a book and have the wiki articles already loaded and available to view right there.

I made a short video demonstrating it in action, and if you'd like to give it a try, I'd recommend starting here. I've also been working on creating annotations from other wikis for these and other popular books. You can see some of the annotations on my xyAnnotations profile.

As you can see, I've got a large part of the main articles transferred over, thanks to the automated tool I built. However, because it is automated, there are some things that aren't quite right and I'd love to get some help improving the converted annotations. I need to do things like remove annotations that will never be highlighted within books, remove sections that are not relevant in the annotation format, fix searches so that more aliases are highlighted within books, and much more. Additionally, I also need help adding books, their covers, and their metadata to the xyAnnotations books database.

I'm a moderator on all of the ASOIAF books and annotation sets on xyAnnotations so I can accept your changes or even make you a moderator as well if you're willing, able, and trustworthy. It'd be great to have some of the trusted members here moderating the related books and sets of annotations on xyAnnotations. There are a lot of books and series and authors I'm working on annotating so it's hard for me to properly manage all of these annotations and books without any help.

So if any of the ASOIAF fans or scholars here are interested in helping out, just let me know and I can point you in the right direction. If you're just looking to get these annotations into your ebooks and are having trouble, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help. And just a note, Reddit is my main forum, so if I'm not responding quick enough here feel free to send me a message on Reddit.

Archived