NBA Finals 2018: Do Or Die For The Cleveland LeBrons

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Red Tiger,

Idk man. I'm really high on Simmons. If he can develop even just a decent jump shot he's going to be so amazing. And the Spurs have a good track record of helping guys work on their shots.  

You overrate scoring and the jumpshot, but we've had this conversation before, so lets move on.

2 more games and then LeBron leaves Cleveland at last, as any sane person should, basketball player or otherwise.

I normally hate Van Gundy, but I do love him calling out the refs on how Green can now do whatever he wants without getting another tech.  Hilariously, this was illustrated a play later when Green got a foul and ran down the court loudly screaming "THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT" while the refs completely ignored him.

Just now, briantw said:

I normally hate Van Gundy, but I do love him calling out the refs on how Green can now do whatever he wants without getting another tech.  Hilariously, this was illustrated a play later when Green got a foul and ran down the court loudly screaming "THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT" while the refs completely ignored him.

Green is an embarrassment to the league. For me, the Adam Silver honeymoon is wearing out thin. He is ignoring some major issues, as well as coming down with really stupid stances on others (gambling "integrity fees" for example).

1 minute ago, sperry said:

Green is an embarrassment to the league. For me, the Adam Silver honeymoon is wearing out thin. He is ignoring some major issues, as well as coming down with really stupid stances on others (gambling "integrity fees" for example).

To me, Adam Silver just seems like a better marketed version of David Stern.  The league doesn't seem any less corrupt.  He's just quicker to react to scandals, which makes him look good because the NFL trips over its own dick every other week.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Also, Korver has been an unmitigated disaser in this series. One series after I sing his praises and he has been basically unplayable in this series.

If he's not hitting his open shots, he's basically useless.  And he's been bricking everything this series.

5 minutes ago, Triskele said:

There aren't too many "get off my lawn" things about me (yet), but one is this breaking of tradition about what colors teams where home and away.  Back in my day you knew the colored jersey was road and the home team was white (or gold Lakers).  I just don't recognize this NBA anymore.  

Hasn't the home team always gotten to decide?

Just now, sperry said:

That was not a banner performance for the referees. In fact it was just atrocious. Cavs somehow didn't attempt a free throw.

LeBron got mugged to end the half to no call.

Just now, sperry said:

Yup, that was brutal. 

Very obnoxious that the team with four All NBA players still gets the benefit of the doubt on every damn call.  The team that needs the least help still somehow gets the most.

Archived