If Dunk was a member of Aerys' kingsguard?

Lee-Sensei

He would have walked away.  A lot of good people will stand by and let bad things happen.  Ned knew it was wrong to kill the direwolf and he still did it.  He knew it was wrong to send the assassin after the khaleesi.  He protested and he resigned but he was not going to do anything to stop it.  Stannis let the maester who served his family for years die at the hands of Mellisandre.  

On 6/7/2018 at 12:37 PM, Ylath's Snout said:

I wanna say no but wouldn't he be old as heck by the time the Defiance of Duskendale drove him of the deep end?

I don't think he would let Aerys batter his wife or children.

Ser Harlan Grandison lived to 80 and died in his sleep vacating the spot for Jaime.

When ser Barristan Selmy had saved Aerys´ life at Duskendale, he asked Aerys to spare Dontos Hollard. Aerys was embarrassed to refuse - he´d have preferred to execute Dontos as well, but did give way to his saver.

Aerys did execute other Hollard and Darklyn children, though.

If 86 year old Lord Commander Duncan who personally saved Aerys back at Summerhall was present at Duskendale, how much influence would he have had?

1 hour ago, Jaak said:

If 86 year old Lord Commander Duncan who personally saved Aerys back at Summerhall was present at Duskendale, how much influence would he have had?

Heck, he'd be around for all/most of Jaehaerys' and Aerys' reigns. Maybe He'd be able to influence Aerys in a positive way over all?

I would think it's not unusual for serving people of the time to stand aside while their master rapes his wife.  Try to look at other examples before judging Aerys' Kingsguards.  Stannis burned his own loyal soldiers and none of his knights tried to stop him.  These men were only trying to survive when they ate the dead.   Kingsguard Jaime was screwing his queen behind his king's back.  He swore to serve Robert and it never occurred to him to stop cuckolding the man.  

Dunk seems to act first and ask questions later. I think he'd have helped her and then asked for whatever punishment comes from disobeying the king. Seems to be how he thinks.

I reckon an 86 year old Dunk wouldn't have stood idly by and watched Aerys abuse his wife, nor would young Duncan.

Old man Duncan would, by that point, have been around Egg and his family for many moons - I just can't see him being cool with Egg's grandson raping Egg's granddaughter. 

In such a situation, his thoughts would more-than-likely have gone to Baelor Breakspear - who had once put himself at risk to protect an innocent. 

Young Dunk would probably have suplexed the shit out of the Mad King.

1 hour ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Young Dunk would probably have suplexed the shit out of the Mad King.

This Sunday at the King's Landing Dragondome, see 5 time Westeros-wide Fellowship champion Dunk Hogan take on the Ultimate Madman Aerys Targaryen in a Seven sides of steel cage match!

Featuring the Clutch, Blunt and OldGods with manager Jon Arryn taking on Rhaegar with the Jon-Con-Kid in a battle to decide who gets to marry the lovely Lyanna Stark.

1 minute ago, Ylath's Snout said:

This Sunday at the King's Landing Dragondome, see 5 time Westeros-wide Fellowship champion take Dunk Hogan on the Ultimate Madman Aerys Targaryen in a Sever sides of steel cage match!

Featuring the Clutch, Blunt and OldGods with manager Jon Arryn taking on Rhaegar with the Jon-Con-Kid in a battle to decide who gets to marry the lovely Lyanna Stark.

:laugh: I'd buy this PPV!

And you know that if it's Dunk Hogan, there's no chance in hell he's putting his opponent over :D

Archived