DCEU: Suicidal Insanity

The BlackBear

Couldn't see a DC specific thread since the update.

There is a Joker film on the way... Leto will Executive Produce.

So with confirmed release dates:

Aquaman 21 December 2018

Shazam! 5 April 2019

Wonder Woman 2 1 November 2019

Cyborg 3 April 2020

Green Lantern Corps 24 July 2020

And in general development, rumoured to be in development:

Batgirl, Joss Whedon stepped down as director in Febuary 2018, production was set to start in 2018. New Screenwriter hired in April 2018, a female director being sought.

Birds of Prey, Cathy Yan Directing, Production set to start in 2019.

Black Adam, Dwayne Johnson starring, production to start in 2019.

Suicide Squad 2, Gavin O’Connor directing, production had been set to start in March 2018, then pushed back to October, now to 2019.

Joker, Leto to produce as of June 2018.

Joker Origin, Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese to direct and produce, likely based on the Killing Joke storyline. No Joker cast yet.

Nightwing, Chris McKay Director, nearing script final draft in February 2018.

Flashpoint, Directors: John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein were hired in March 2018.

New Gods, Ava DuVernay to direct as of March 2018.

A Lobo film, being rewritten as of February 2018. Michael Bay rumoured to be wanted as Director in May 2018.

Joker/Harley film, Flenn Ficarra and John Requa, set to write/Direct as of September 2017. Possibly replaced by the Joker film.

Man of Steel (2?,) Matthew Vaughn appointed Director as of September 2017. Henry Cavill is 'trying to make it happen' as of April 2018.

Deathstroke, October 2017, Gareth Evans hired as screenwriter and Director. In June 2018 Manganiello hinted the film is still on.

Justice League Dark, still being written as of August 2017.

The Batman, script being rewritten as of July 2017.

Harley Quinn/Gotham City Sirens, David Ayer appointed Director in December 2016. Possibly Cancelled.

Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, script being rewritten to focus on Gold as of May 2016.

Deadshot, Possibly in development as of December 2016. Possibly Cancelled.

Justice League (Part Two?,) untitled as of June 2016. As of October 2017 pushed back, possibly indefinitely.

This seems like an awful lot, and the production seems pretty chaotic. So god knows what's really going on.

34 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Couldn't see a DC specific thread since the update.

There is a Joker film on the way... Leto will Executive Produce.

So with confirmed release dates:

Aquaman 21 December 2018

Shazam! 5 April 2019

Wonder Woman 2 1 November 2019

Cyborg 3 April 2020

Green Lantern Corps 24 July 2020

And in general development, rumoured to be in development:

Batgirl, Joss Whedon stepped down as director in Febuary 2018, production was set to start in 2018. New Screenwriter hired in April 2018, a female director being sought.

Birds of Prey, Cathy Yan Directing, Production set to start in 2019.

Black Adam, Dwayne Johnson starring, production to start in 2019.

Suicide Squad 2, Gavin O’Connor directing, production had been set to start in March 2018, then pushed back to October, now to 2019.

Joker, Leto to produce as of June 2018.

Nightwing, Chris McKay Director, nearing script final draft in February 2018.

Flashpoint, Directors: John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein were hired in March 2018.

New Gods, Ava DuVernay to direct as of March 2018.

A Lobo film, being rewritten as of February 2018. Michael Bay rumoured to be wanted as Director in May 2018.

Joker/Harley film, Flenn Ficarra and John Requa, set to write/Direct as of September 2017. Possibly replaced by the Joker film.

Man of Steel (2?,) Matthew Vaughn appointed Director as of September 2017. Henry Cavill is 'trying to make it happen' as of April 2018.

Deathstroke, October 2017, Gareth Evans hired as screenwriter and Director. In June 2018 Manganiello hinted the film is still on.

Justice League Dark, still being written as of August 2017.

The Batman, script being rewritten as of July 2017.

Harley Quinn/Gotham City Sirens, David Ayer appointed Director in December 2016. Possibly Cancelled.

Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, script being rewritten to focus on Gold as of May 2016.

Deadshot, Possibly in development as of December 2016. Possibly Cancelled.

Justice League (Part Two?,) untitled as of June 2016. As of October 2017 pushed back, possibly indefinitely.

This seems like an awful lot, and the production seems pretty chaotic. So god knows what's really going on.

You forgot the Todd Phillips to be directed Joker origin story possibly produced by Scorcese

1 minute ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Ugh. I'm tired of the Joker now. Leto killed it dead in the water. His Joke was fuckin AWFUL. I hope to GOD if they do a live action Killing Joke film they don't cast HIM. 

It's rumoured to be Joaquin Phoenix, but DiCaprio's name has been floated, but I'm 90% sure that's just because of Scorsese.

If they're gonna do a Joker film, the only thing I'll be happy with is if they borrow the comic plot from a few years ago when multiverse-merging shenanigans resulted in there being three Jokers, and one of them is, making his live-action debut, Mark Hamill.

And then they set it up to be a contest between Leto and whoever the third guy would be as to who continues in the DCEU (coz as much as I like Hamill, that wouldn't really work for him).

Some of the directors they've got lined up are really good but I was hoping they'd take the really long gap and the supposed restructure behind the scenes with Geoff Johns getting more say to sort a proper structure out and that clearly hasn't happened.

51 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It's rumoured to be Joaquin Phoenix, but DiCaprio's name has been floated, but I'm 90% sure that's just because of Scorsese.

I like Phoenix...interesting...

i saw someone make a fan made trailer with Willem Dafoe as joker and that was pretty neat. 

There's a lot of actors I could see as the Joker tbh. The thing is, because he's such a wide-ranging but always scenery-chewing character, while I think he's gonna be almost impossible to play as well as Heath Ledger I tend to think he might not be that difficult a role for certain actors to play well. Seems like the kind of role that is a certain type of actor's dream.

They should get Matt Smith tbqh.

34 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

There's a lot of actors I could see as the Joker tbh. The thing is, because he's such a wide-ranging but always scenery-chewing character, while I think he's gonna be almost impossible to play as well as Heath Ledger I tend to think he might not be that difficult a role for certain actors to play well. Seems like the kind of role that is a certain type of actor's dream.

They should get Matt Smith tbqh.

Agree with you tbh. I can see a lot of actors really relishing playing this character and having a lot of fun. Just PLEse not Leto lol. Not a fan. Can you tell?! :P

Yeah. NO

Insofar as career trajectory, good for Geoff  I suppose... color me dubious about this being likewise for DC's much needed step up in the movie department, though. Sounds like more of the same. 

Most of those sound boring/awful. DC used to be so fun (when I was a kid) but none of these movies are about any of the interesting heroes. Some of those director choices, too, are shocking at this point. Michael Bay? It's like if Marvel decided to make a lineup like:

Ronan: Origins

Vision

Punisher

Green Goblin: Generations

Avengers Dark! Featuring Loki, Blue Guy from Thor 2, Blue girl from Guardians 2, and other blue bad guys!

Scarlett Witch's Brother: Resurrection 

Blaze (not even Ghost Rider)

The Nightstalkers (with a cameo from Blade!)

On 6/15/2018 at 1:27 AM, Darth Richard II said:

I thought the Cyborg fil was canceled.

The article about what Johns is going to be doing isn't very clear, but if as it seems he's still going to be heavily involved with the DCEU even without the executive position, there's no chance whatsoever that the Cyborg film is cancelled... he looooooooooves that dude.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Eh, unless I did too many drugs, Michael Bay isn't associated with anything DC.

OP mentioned Bay as being wanted in relation to a Lobo film, but Lobo is a crap character so that's not really a big deal even if it happened.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Eh, unless I did too many drugs, Michael Bay isn't associated with anything DC.

12 minutes ago, Fellaining Da Bruyne said:

OP mentioned Bay as being wanted in relation to a Lobo film, but Lobo is a crap character so that's not really a big deal even if it happened.

As recently as February there were stories about him being wanted for Lobo.

Lobo done right could be very fun, he's a parody of the hyper-masculinity grimdark 90's hero. Snyder and especially Bay, are all surface, they would almost certainly try to play it straight.

2 hours ago, The BelgianBear said:

Lobo done right could be very fun, he's a parody of the hyper-masculinity grimdark 90's hero. Snyder and especially Bay, are all surface, they would almost certainly try to play it straight.

My problem with Lobo is that he started off as a parody but ended up quite quickly just being played pretty straight for many of his appearances. Which was ludicrous. He never really made that Deadpool jump.

Archived