DCEU: Suicidal Insanity

The BlackBear

Deadlines dude, did you join the internet like six months ago? I like you, so don't take this as some blistering assault or whatever. But this is not the first time I've noticed you treat well understood -though not 'official'- information as completely alien/unfounded.

That's the way the world works now. We know about stuff that isn't specifically press released. 'Cause of the internet.

3 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Deadlines dude, did you join the internet like six months ago? I like you, so don't take this as some blistering assault or whatever. But this is not the first time I've noticed you treat well understood -though not 'official'- information as completely alien/unfounded.

That's the way the world works now. We know about stuff that isn't specifically press released. 'Cause of the internet.

:agree: 

15 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

12 hours ago, Rhom said:

:agree: 

I didn't mean to inspire any blistering assaults or whatever.

To be clear, I was not referring to the suicide squad re-shoots.  That happened. But the story of a "no-Jokes" mandate does not seem credible to me.  The author of the post that was linked-to dedicates a few paragraphs to describing why he thinks the story lacks credibility.

While watching the Shazam trailer, I found it funny that, for a moment, things looked like they were going to be Grimdark with the "Game of Thrones" reference, and then they ditch that. So maybe this movie will poke fun at the other movies' darker tones?

Aquaman looks like it could be fun, more like Wonder Woman. 

20 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

We need a plague.

Did people do this shit about Gamora?

Maybe they did; maybe they didn't.  I'm operating under the assumption that concepts of proportionality, consistency and fairness do not govern the actions of these fucking idiots.

Did I mention they were fucking idiots?

1 hour ago, The EnglishBear said:

We need a plague.

Did people do this shit about Gamora?

Nerd logic. It's maybe ok for black people to play green aliens but orange aliens are the domain of white folks. Maybe they wanted the late dale winton to play Starfire. Actually the BBC has a lot of orange skinned 50+ presenters if they want.

But yes, this kind of thing makes you wish the instigators could have their internet revoked. Or deny them access to comics. 

Wasn’t there a big segment of Hunger Games fans who were angry a black kid was playing the kid who was black in the books?  But via a reading comprehension fail, they never realized she was black?

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Wasn’t there a big segment of Hunger Games fans who were angry a black kid was playing the kid who was black in the books?  But via a reading comprehension fail, they never realized she was black?

There was internet revolt when Cho Chang appeared as a kid of Asian descent in the 4th Harry Potter movie.

'Cause Cho Chang is obviously the name of an Anglo-Saxon girl.

• 1 month later...

Rumor mill is Cavill may be be out as Superman. DC thinking to focus on Supergirl instead, cut back on event movies (ie Justice League) and try to capitalize on standalones to mimic Wonder Woman's success.

---

If all or any of the above is true, they're more lost than I'd thought.

30 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Rumor mill is Cavill may be be out as Superman. DC thinking to focus on Supergirl instead, cut back on event movies (ie Justice League) and try to capitalize on standalones to mimic Wonder Woman's success.

---

Along the same lines, also rumored that Afleck is out as Batman along w/ Cavill and the solo Batman movie and will focus on a younger Batman instead.

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

---

I chuckle at the prospect of justice league being an event.

I don't blame Cavill preferring a TV show over superman. They seem to have no idea how to make a solo superman film and haven't even announced a sequel and the team up films have been bad.

At this point they'd be better off ditching the shared universe and let wonder woman carry on as is and maybe aquaman if successful.

Hell, maybe they should have just left Superman dead instead of bringing him back! They could have killed Batman at the end of Justice League and been rid of them both. They should pull a George Lucas and re release the movie that way.

Archived