NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

7 minutes ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Dude, we get it. We just don't want it in our NFL talk man. We can all be cool and enjoy some football or I can start having fun.

You won't like me when I'm having fun.

Not sure I understand but whatever.

The talk is of 3 games now so they've got saints , my eagles and Steelers . I give 'em 3 L's with Fitz .

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

Not sure I understand but whatever.

The talk is of 3 games now so they've got saints , my eagles and Steelers . I give 'em 3 L's with Fitz .

Ok, so we're talking about football. Yeah, I'd have given them long odds for a win with Winston anyways. Fitzmagic does have the ability to play like a god 1-out-of-10 games though, so maybe they get lucky.

Never been impressed with Winston. He's on par with Mariota but less mobile, maybe sees the field a little bit better. Mariota at least has the excuse of a stupid offense and nonexistent receivers outside of Delanie Walker.

59 minutes ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Ok, so we're talking about football. Yeah, I'd have given them long odds for a win with Winston anyways. Fitzmagic does have the ability to play like a god 1-out-of-10 games though, so maybe they get lucky.

Never been impressed with Winston. He's on par with Mariota but less mobile, maybe sees the field a little bit better. Mariota at least has the excuse of a stupid offense and nonexistent receivers outside of Delanie Walker.

I hope they beat the saints , NFC is stacked and the saints have a tough division so a loss to the yucks could throw them out of the play offs which I think will give my eagles an easier run in the playoffs but that's just speculation.

Yeah , I never got the number 1 pick vibe from him , throws are a bit too inconsistent for me and I think he's getting bailed out by the godly reach of Mike Evans . 

I think mariota is gonna improve a lot this year ,in my eyes at least the issue in Tennessee was a bad coach running a scheme that doesn't fit his personnel ,especially in the running game , I know Henry is huge for a rb but he's not a straight up bruiser , he likes to build momentum and runs much better towards the edges than inside the tackles .so I think he'll do much better in a zone scheme not gap scheme  (keep in mind he averaged 3.2 ypc up the middle and and 7.6 ypc to the edges ) remember he was so successful in Alabama who ran a zone scheme. I'm expecting the Titans to run something similar to the rams and think we'll see mariota running on bootlegs A LOT . And maybe some pistol formations .

I feel like Jameis peaked during that magical freshman year run at FSU. He has just not really progressed at all. Still forces shit too much, overthrows guys nonstop and makes horrible decisions on and obviously off the field. Hopefully he just goes away, like forever.

Let's see, Winston was arrested for shooting out windows. He was arrested for a fight or something else. He was arrested or investigated whatever for rape. He was arrested for stealing crab legs. He was suspended for shouting the f her in the.... He is now under NFL investigation for something in 2016 that occurred while out with two other "model citizens".

Yeah, presumed innocent on this one too I guess. Glad to see the Bucs are standing by this model teammate. 

51 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Let's see, Winston was arrested for shooting out windows. He was arrested for a fight or something else. He was arrested or investigated whatever for rape. He was arrested for stealing crab legs. He was suspended for shouting the f her in the.... He is now under NFL investigation for something in 2016 that occurred while out with two other "model citizens".

Yeah, presumed innocent on this one too I guess. Glad to see the Bucs are standing by this model teammate. 

Not sure what your point is but I believe in due process and innocent until PROVEN guilty . 

I think drafting him was a mistake anyway, he never justified that high pick in my eyes and better players were available but I guess it's the result of a qb needy league.

2 hours ago, Vin said:

Not sure what your point is but I believe in due process and innocent until PROVEN guilty . 

I think drafting him was a mistake anyway, he never justified that high pick in my eyes and better players were available but I guess it's the result of a qb needy league.

The point is, when does a team not make media statements about standing by their guy? Does it take a third sexual assault claim, a fifth arrest? I can understand not cutting him obviously until something happens in court, just don't come out with a vote of confidence is all.

On 6/23/2018 at 6:17 PM, Ramsay B. said:

I feel like Jameis peaked during that magical freshman year run at FSU. He has just not really progressed at all. Still forces shit too much, overthrows guys nonstop and makes horrible decisions on and obviously off the field. Hopefully he just goes away, like forever.

It also had a lot to do with him having an insanely strong team around him. Especially his OLine and receivers. 

I said it when they were drafted, but Mariota remains a better pick simply because he will not be as potentially disastrous as Winston, and both have similar highs (though Winston had higher potential). I don't think either are going to be great in the NFL, but Mariota will be decent for a while. I can't say if Winston will even be in the NFL after next year, and good riddance to him. 

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

The point is, when does a team not make media statements about standing by their guy? Does it take a third sexual assault claim, a fifth arrest? I can understand not cutting him obviously until something happens in court, just don't come out with a vote of confidence is all.

I can understand that but I wouldn't say not condemning someone explicitly is considered a vote of confidence exactly. Just not jumping the gun . Although I'm not aware of any statements that Tampa Bay might have made so I wouldn't know.

In other news ,it's being reported that our lord and Savior Carson Wentz is well on if not ahead of schedule to return . Praise the old gods of Philly.

20 hours ago, sperry said:

Pretty insane. Think of how old it feels like Larry Fitzgerald is, and then realize that he is 34 years old. 

Pretty sure I've been drafting Fitz in fantasy leagues for at least thirty years now.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Pretty sure I've been drafting Fitz in fantasy leagues for at least thirty years now.

Ditto. He's been my go-to 'old man who can still put 'em up' late round/low cost safety valve since at least 2010.

2 minutes ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Ditto. He's been my go-to 'old man who can still put 'em up' late round/low cost safety valve since at least 2010.

He's like Frank Gore.  At some point they're both going to fall off, but until then I'll keep drafting them, especially at the position you can get them at these days.

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

He's like Frank Gore.  At some point they're both going to fall off, but until then I'll keep drafting them, especially at the position you can get them at these days.

Frank Gore is your RB4 you pray to god you only need to use once a year. 

1 minute ago, briantw said:

True. And just like Gore, I can't remember a time when they weren't old as fuck even though I've been watching football since before either were in college.

Even the legendary Warner-Fitz connections of the playoffs seem like they happened before Rex Grossman fumbled a SB to Indy.

Just now, chiKanery et al. said:

Frank Gore is your RB4 you pray to god you only need to use once a year. 

RB5 ideally.  But he's usually decent value late in drafts because he's a pretty dependable 8-10 points every week.  Doesn't usually get much more than that, but if injuries or bye weeks fuck you he can hold it down for a week or two if you drafted well otherwise.

Archived