NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

8 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Funny thing is the takes on TO as a locker room cancer are completely subjective. SAS made a good argument about that today. He covered the Philly team he was on, and he says that half the team hated him and half of them loved him.

I personally think TO is 100% right to be salty. He and Moss are probably the second* and third best receivers ever, and Moss got in first ballot. And he's the rub, both guys were considered locker room cancers at various points in their careers, but I don't recall TO ever quitting on his team like Moss did on several occasions. I'd be pissed if I was TO.

*Still not giving up on Moss as the GOAT :P

Additionally, Owens would give up his body, block, and go over the middle, all of which are normally considered somewhat conducive to positively impacting your team with your attitude. 

Really, I think he was just too weird for the NFL, as a person. 

18 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Additionally, Owens would give up his body, block, and go over the middle, all of which are normally considered somewhat conducive to positively impacting your team with your attitude. 

Really, I think he was just too weird for the NFL, as a person. 

I think you're half way there. It's a combination of the fact that yes he was an unusual person and the fact that the NFL scrubs people of their personalities, or at least it attempts to do so. Just look at the NBA. There are ton's of wacky dudes in that league and no one cares because the NBA embraces the notion that players should be themselves.  The NFL hates that. 

On 7/1/2018 at 3:46 AM, dbunting said:

I heard somewhere that they smell especially tasty when roasted over a wood fire. Just make sure the crow is fully dead though as some of them play dead and come back to life.

Not sure what you're referring to , they had a bad record and only won their last string of games with any conviction. Jury is out till next season . Jimmy g hasn't even put up a full 10 good games yet  .

18 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

I think you're half way there. It's a combination of the fact that yes he was an unusual person and the fact that the NFL scrubs people of their personalities, or at least it attempts to do so. Just look at the NBA. There are ton's of wacky dudes in that league and no one cares because the NBA embraces the notion that players should be themselves.  The NFL hates that. 

I think you have a point here . It might be  because of the nature of the game and how specialized the positions are in the NFL .people just want the players to be cogs in the machine while in basketball any position could shine at any capacity.

As for the hall , I think it loses a lot of credibility when it stops being about performance on the field . I mean It's not the hall of nice guys , is it ? 

About the Moss/Rice goat deal , I think Moss is the most freakish combination of physical prowess at the wide out position. He could've passed rice but didn't wanna put in the work . I mean if there's one thing we constantly hear about rice it's his work ethic.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, chiKanery et al. said:

Ah the old BOAT vs. GOAT debate.

You mean the one where you say really stupid things and everyone tells you you're wrong?

As for Owens, yeah, he shoulda gotten in on the first ballot.  But I don't think he was necessarily "too weird" inasmuch as he was way too open about being entirely self-centered and self-promotional.  That's not really a criticism - a disproportionate of successful people are that way, and he had an almost Trumpian genius about it.  Getting ESPN to suspend regular coverage in order to watch him work out in his driveway is something I'll never forget.

Still, the football hall of fame isn't nearly as up its ass about these things as the old baseball writers/voters.

Regarding weird VS dick.

Odell Beckham Jr. Is weird. I'd hang with that kid in an instant though. He seems fun And moderately self aware even if pretty immature in a lot of ways. But you can tell he loves the sport and appreciates his physical talents.

T.O. doesn't seem 'weird' so much as just a self obsessed asshole. A lot of people are like that, they just aren't one of the five best Wrs in history. Owens' narcissism probably helped drive him as far as he got, but it also indisputedly put strain on relationships and became a burden. People who try to rewrite history and make him a doomed victim don't remember clearly all the annoying antics that weren't vaguely cute or endearing at the time.

13 hours ago, Vin said:

Not sure what you're referring to , they had a bad record and only won their last string of games with any conviction. Jury is out till next season . Jimmy g hasn't even put up a full 10 good games yet  .

C'mon man, I thought this was obvious! If you read my post I quoted your post about eating crow, in bold, so it stood out, then I said I heard they smell tasty when roasted over an wood fire....hint, hint, we are on a fan site for a series that has a certain group of people referred to as crows...one dies and they burn his body in the freezing cold while starving and make comments about him smelling good... I guess when you are as tired as I was it sounds funnier.

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

C'mon man, I thought this was obvious! If you read my post I quoted your post about eating crow, in bold, so it stood out, then I said I heard they smell tasty when roasted over an wood fire....hint, hint, we are on a fan site for a series that has a certain group of people referred to as crows...one dies and they burn his body in the freezing cold while starving and make comments about him smelling good... I guess when you are as tired as I was it sounds funnier.

Lol that went right over my head but in my defense I did do a 75 hour shift at work so the CPU is a bit fried . 

1 hour ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

If the LeSean McCoy abuse allegations prove to be true, the NFL would be smart not to drop the ball on this one. 

Yeah, it's worth it to throw the book at McCoy given that he's not a superstar making them a lot of money any more. 

Fuck, I was literally putting the pieces together on a plan to trick Tywin into taking McCoy late in the 1st or early in the 2nd in Westeros B this year. I also had intentions to take him in auction if he was dirt cheap and flip the bitch for something good after 3 weeks before his production nosedived off a cliff due to coalescent defenses.

Oh well. It's hard to give the dude the benefit of the doubt after that misogynistic as fuck party business from a few years back. We'll see what happens though.

This seems like a situation that should be pretty easy to prove/disprove. Whoever did this showed up to the house uninvited and beat the victim. Given those circumstances, it shouldn't be difficult to prove one way or the other whether it was McCoy. No he said/she said. Either he was there (and did it), or he wasn't.

31 minutes ago, sperry said:

This seems like a situation that should be pretty easy to prove/disprove. Whoever did this showed up to the house uninvited and beat the victim. Given those circumstances, it shouldn't be difficult to prove one way or the other whether it was McCoy. No he said/she said. Either he was there (and did it), or he wasn't.

I thought the theory was that he sent some friends or paid some dudes to do it. So not quite as simple as determining if McCoy was present. He'd have to be dumber than Aaron Hernandez to have done it himself.

8 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I thought the theory was that he sent some friends or paid some dudes to do it. So not quite as simple as determining if McCoy was present. He'd have to be dumber than Aaron Hernandez to have done it himself.

Right, the victim is saying McCoy sent this person(s) there to steal specific items that McCoy wanted back. They just have to catch them and threaten to throw the book at them and see if they stand up or dish on getting paid to do it.

The real twist would be if the victim actually paid someone to do it to set him up and get a pay day.

In todays world nothing would surprise me.

14 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Ah, I misunderstood. A little bit more difficult, but still should be provable. Assuming that if McCoy ordered this they should be able to establish a link between him and the perp.

If this one is true, that is decades in prison. Burglary plus assault is not something you are getting off on probation with.

22 minutes ago, sperry said:

Ah, I misunderstood. A little bit more difficult, but still should be provable. Assuming that if McCoy ordered this they should be able to establish a link between him and the perp.

If this one is true, that is decades in prison. Burglary plus assault is not something you are getting off on probation with.

Well, we can stop the investigation, since Richie Incognito knows the whole story and has personally cleared McCoy of involvement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/11/richie-incognito-claims-to-know-the-whole-story-regarding-lesean-mccoy/

Archived