NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

If Ziggy Ansah ever looked like the best DE in the league then I once looked like Kate Beckinsdale. Similarly, I went to a different school when that happened. You wouldn't have seen it.

Ansah is fine. He gets pumped up because of early days with Suh and by dint of being the only Lions front7 member with athletic ability. He is a good player, not a special one.

I dunno , there was a stretch of games (admittedly short) where he seemed to leave tackles in the dust . I think it's the long arms and long frame in general. Reminds me of a less polished early Robert Quinn . I don't think he's gonna be the next anything , just find him intriguing , him and Buckner on the niners and Lawrence in Dallas . Of all 3 I think Buckner has the highest roof and raw athletic ability but the worst work ethic and technique combination.

So old man sproles says he'll hang them up after next season . Hope his last ride is a good one .

20 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

But talk shit about Jonah Hill again and see what happens.

Challenge accepted!  Jonah Hill is a piece of shit actor that's bases for any success is contingent upon how fat he is in relation to Rogen.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Challenge accepted!  Jonah Hill is a piece of shit actor that's bases for any success is contingent upon how fat he is in relation to Rogen.

You look like a blueberry!

Meanwhile, the Jumpstreet movies are perfectly good fun.

Lemme ask you this. Every medium needs its lowest common denominator. Would you rather the dudebrahs watch a moderately self aware Seth Rogan or Adam Goddamn Sandler? That was a rhetorical question, now appleogize to Mr. Rogen.

Speaking of moderately self aware. Like a year back I was watching the Jumpstreet sequel with a guy I was contemplating letting stick his dick in me, and he actually didn't understand that the whole film is taking the piss out of sequel making in such an obvious manner that it bypasses lazy and becomes funny again.

Needless to say he went home and I never spoke to the cretin again.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Lemme ask you this. Every medium needs its lowest common denominator. Would you rather the dudebrahs watch a moderately self aware Seth Rogan or Adam Goddamn Sandler? That was a rhetorical question, now appleogize to Mr. Rogen.

Speaking of moderately self aware. Like a year back I was watching the Jumpstreet sequel with a guy I was contemplating letting stick his dick in me, and he actually didn't understand that the whole film is taking the piss out of sequel making in such an obvious manner that it bypasses lazy and becomes funny again.

This is all too depressing to respond to.  Didn't read anything after Jumpstreet.  Sad.

Speaking of Sandler ... like the guys is obviously talented and has on rare occasions shown he can act very well in really interesting movies but for some reason he just chooses not to ... like what's the deal ? 

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He's a con artist. Half in the Bag lay out point by point how he rips off the studio and moron filmgoers in their Jack and Jill review. It's horrifying.

Huh, that seems interesting . Got a link ? 

Edit: never mind , I think I found it .

16 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Lol, lord knows what comes out of your mouth when you’re getting it good between the sheets…..

I thought this was the NFL thread?  I know it’s a long off-season but this page was a pretty weird digression.  I think the basic gist is that Jace was considering bumping uglies (and I don’t use that word lightly) with Jonah Hill but sent him packing after he yelled out “Jump Street” at an intimate moment.  Which seems fair enough.

Now that the soccer World Cup is over, I’m jumping back into full preseason mode  for NFL and English soccer.  Unfortunately neither the Bears nor the Seahawks look likely to reach the play-offs this year.  The NFC looks pretty strong again and Eagles, Vikings, Falcons and Rams will probably take their divisions, with Packers and Saints/Panthers snagging the wildcards.  But there must be room for something unpredictable in there. 

Bears have added some receivers, albeit of the risky post-injury/slump comeback variety, to complement two good RBs and a still-learning QB.  Hopefully they’ll be better than the last two years (now that’s a low bar) but they’re in a tough division. At least their more winnable games come earlier in their schedule so perhaps they’ll build some momentum. 

Seattle finally moved on from Jimmy Graham, but they’ve lost Kam & Sherm and Earl is holding out.  They’ll need a lot from Bobby Wagner and Doug Baldwin, like playing three positions each.  Russell seems to be more focused on being famous these days and it’s not clear who’ll start at RB, but it won’t matter since they haven’t improved the OL. And they’ve lost some big pass rushers.  Expectations have been lowered.

34 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I thought this was the NFL thread?  I know it’s a long off-season but this page was a pretty weird digression.  I think the basic gist is that Jace was considering bumping uglies (and I don’t use that word lightly) with Jonah Hill but sent him packing after he yelled out “Jump Street” at an intimate moment.  Which seems fair enough.

Now that the soccer World Cup is over, I’m jumping back into full preseason mode  for NFL and English soccer.  Unfortunately neither the Bears nor the Seahawks look likely to reach the play-offs this year.  The NFC looks pretty strong again and Eagles, Vikings, Falcons and Rams will probably take their divisions, with Packers and Saints/Panthers snagging the wildcards.  But there must be room for something unpredictable in there. 

Bears have added some receivers, albeit of the risky post-injury/slump comeback variety, to complement two good RBs and a still-learning QB.  Hopefully they’ll be better than the last two years (now that’s a low bar) but they’re in a tough division. At least their more winnable games come earlier in their schedule so perhaps they’ll build some momentum. 

Seattle finally moved on from Jimmy Graham, but they’ve lost Kam & Sherm and Earl is holding out.  They’ll need a lot from Bobby Wagner and Doug Baldwin, like playing three positions each.  Russell seems to be more focused on being famous these days and it’s not clear who’ll start at RB, but it won’t matter since they haven’t improved the OL. And they’ve lost some big pass rushers.  Expectations have been lowered.

You can call me whatever you want.

But MEOW Jace is a pretty little flower!

21 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I have no idea what the Bears will be this year. I read some articles that say they'll be one of the worst teams in the league and others that think they'll sneak up on a lot of people and could go .500. I guess it all depends on Mitch, and I've got to say, he did not impress me much from what I saw.

As for the Seahawks, they should seriously consider trading Wilson. The team needs to go into full rebuild mode and the haul they could get for him should be massive.

Jace also didn't care for the Trubiskit. I know the John Fox effect was in full effect, but goddamn. I feel like everyone predicting great things for da Bears is assuming that Seth McVay's transformation of Joff is the rule rather than the exception.

Guy wanted to be called 'Mitchell' because of his mommy. What a fucking loser.

I’ve seen some optimistic projections for the Bears but 8-8 would be an absolute ceiling for them even if things go really well (and Detroit flops).  4-12 looks more likely to me than 8-8, and probably 6-10 is my best guess.  But football is unpredictable and there are a lot of wildcards with new coaching, new receivers, and QB is no longer a complete n00b.  So lots of potential variation around any estimate. 

I’m inclined to agree about the Seahawks trading Russell Wilson.  You cannot draft badly and pay one of the most expensive QBs.  It’s not Wilson’s fault that they’ve drafted badly for several consecutive years but that’s the situation.  But if they do trade Wilson for lots of draft capital, they need to figure out why their drafting went from amazing to pointless.  No use repeating their recent trend with more picks. 

I thought this was out of The Onion, but nope, it's real:

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito, who was one of the players at the center of the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal back in 2013, was named this week as the "first national ambassador" of an anti-bullying organization based in Los Angeles, Calif. 

The organization is called Boo2Bullying, and it states on its website that its goal is "to eradicate bullying, intolerance and discrimination by educating schools and parents about accepting diversity and giving young people the tools to connect with and positively impact those around them."

Incognito stated in a press release that bullying is a "national crisis" and added that "I can personally relate to it from both sides -- being bullied and being accused of being a bully," according to ESPN.com. 

He stated in the release that he was bullied in high school.

"A group of guys actually threw rocks at me," Incognito said. "My dad told me not to worry and to focus on football. So I grinded, and at this point I was really starting to excel. After a few weeks of not letting it bother me, I actually became friends with the guys that bullied me. They are still my friends today, and anytime I go home now, I make sure we find some time to catch up. It just goes to show what can happen when you actually take the time to get to know someone, instead of treating them a certain way because they are different than you."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richie-incognito-named-ambassador-for-anti-bullying-organization-despite-history-of-bullying/

Awww, did some big mean kids throw rocks at you once, Richie? I guess that means you had no choice but to bully your teammate with racial slurs.

Also, fun fact: That committee the NFL put together to combat bullying 5 years still has yet to me. NFL can't stop NFLing! 

22 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I’m inclined to agree about the Seahawks trading Russell Wilson.  You cannot draft badly and pay one of the most expensive QBs.  It’s not Wilson’s fault that they’ve drafted badly for several consecutive years but that’s the situation.  But if they do trade Wilson for lots of draft capital, they need to figure out why their drafting went from amazing to pointless.  No use repeating their recent trend with more picks. 

Isn’t it because they fired the GM who actually built their good roster because he was drinking on the job?

Archived