NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

2 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Todd Haley has been one if not the best offensive coordinators for several years now.  His firing in Pittsburgh was egregious.  The offense did their job.  It was Tomlin's defense that cost them in the playoffs over the last few seasons.

Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry could be one of the best WR duos in the league.  Njoku and Duke Johnson are mismatches against any NFL linebacker. Great depth at RB(Hyde, Chubb, Duke).  I'm bullish on Nick Chubb and I think he'll overtake Hyde by the end of the year.  

I can give you Landry-Gordon, but not Landry without Gordon.  Njoku had less than 400 yards and 4 t.d. last year, not stellar at all. None of the RB's are top 12, hell maybe not even top 20-25?

7 minutes ago, Week said:

The who? Last in DVOA last year after second-to-last in the previous year ... none of their additions are upper echelon talents. 

TyGod

Last year.  This is exactly why the conversation started with predictions of Hue's firing.  If he can't manage to find wins with the talent he has now, he should be shit-canned.  

Also, if you don't think 5 first round picks in the past two years aren't considered upper echelon talents, I can't help you.

Just now, dbunting said:

Njoku had less than 400 yards and 4 t.d. last year, not stellar at all. None of the RB's are top 12, hell maybe not even top 20-25?

We're talking about football not fantasy football.  It's going to be a RBBC obviously.  As far as Njoku, you'll rarely find a rookie TE that lights it up.  It typically takes 3+ years for them to find their groove.  I think he'll probably have 600-750 yards this season, but he's another dynamic option in the flat.

Just now, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Last year.  This is exactly why the conversation started with predictions of Hue's firing.  If he can't manage to find wins with the talent he has now, he should be shit-canned.  

Also, if you don't think 5 first round picks aren't considered upper echelon talents, I can't help you.

First round picks = absolute lazy argument. I mean the Browns have had more first round picks than any other team in the last two decades and have nothing to show for it but a parade of bad picks.

If you think what round you are drafted in is what defines upper echelon talent then I can't help you. 

Just now, Sour Billy Tipton said:

We're talking about football not fantasy football.  It's going to be a RBBC obviously.  As far as Njoku, you'll rarely find a rookie TE that lights it up.  It typically takes 3+ years for them to find their groove.  I think he'll probably have 600-750 yards this season, but he's another dynamic option in the flat.

This by definition means they are not upper echelon. Gurley, Elliot, Bell are upper echelon. Not a random group of three teammates. 

Njoku could be that good, I give you that. He could also just as likely not be, he hasn't shown it yet.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

First round picks = absolute lazy argument. I mean the Browns have had more first round picks than any other team in the last two decades and have nothing to show for it but a parade of bad picks.

If you think what round you are drafted in is what defines upper echelon talent then I can't help you. 

It is upper echelon talent.  That's why they're drafted that high.  However, it's up to the coaches and training staff to utilize that talent and create wins.  Once again, this conversation started with Hue Jackson being incompetent.  

Just now, dbunting said:

This by definition means they are not upper echelon. Gurley, Elliot, Bell are upper echelon. Not a random group of three teammates. 

Njoku could be that good, I give you that. He could also just as likely not be, he hasn't shown it yet.

Not talking about fantasy football tiers.  Talking about depth and team as a whole.  

15 minutes ago, Week said:

The who? Last in DVOA last year after second-to-last in the previous year ... none of their additions are upper echelon talents. 

TyGod - I like him but he's replacement level
Gordon - He has not played and is not yet eligible to play (IIRC - maybe he is as of the last few days)
Landry - He was not the best WR on the Dolphins - above average
Hyde - Fine -- injury prone
Duke - Solid player, but not a game-winner

I think you're confusing Landry(who led the league in receptions last season) with someone else.  Or you're just really bias towards the DeVante Parker hype train.

1 minute ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I think you're confusing Landry(who led the league in receptions last season) with someone else.  Or you're just really bias towards the DeVante Parker hype train.

For less than 1,000 yards and good for 65th WR on FO. Tell me MORE about how upper echelon JL is.

8 minutes ago, Week said:

For less than 1,000 yards and good for 65th WR on FO. Tell me MORE about how upper echelon JL is.

13 yards less than 1k and also had 9 TD.  On a sinking ship in Miami with Jay Cutler as his QB and Adam Gase creating a circus.  

Listen, I'm not saying Cleveland is making the playoffs.  I don't even think they'll be .500.  My point is they have a talented offensive coordinator who can find the mismatches on the field and he has the personnel that can execute it.  

Last time I checked the team that won the SB had how many fantasy football stars?  Two?  Zach Ertz and maybe Alshon would be the only guys you'd consider in that category.  They won because of a creative offense that knew how to execute.  

Last time I checked the team that won the SB had how many fantasy football stars?  Two?  Zach Ertz and maybe Alshon would be the only guys you'd consider in that category.  

Alshon definitely wasn't a star last year.  He was good, but that's about it.

Ertz was TE3 I think, and close to the same tier as Gronk and Kelce, so I'd count him.

lol fantasy football has warped your minds.  Look at what Alshon did in the playoffs.  

Well you were saying in regards to fantasy, so I was replying with that in mind.

Alshon definitely has star talent, but I wouldn't consider him a fantasy star last year.  He was a WR2/3 last year. 

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

Well you were saying in regards to fantasy, so I was replying with that in mind.

In fantasy he's an exceptional WR2.  In real football--which is my entire argument--he's finally on a team that can create because of its depth.

Everyone is overly excited over the 49ers this year because Shanahan is also a great offensive mind.  I get it Cleveland is 1-31 in the last two seasons.  But I think Cleveland--with Josh Gordon--has the better personnel.  Probably comes down to where you stand on Jimmy G.

5 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

In fantasy he's an exceptional WR2.  In real football--which is my entire argument--he's finally on a team that can create because of its depth.

Everyone is overly excited over the 49ers this year because Shanahan is also a great offensive mind.  I get it Cleveland is 1-31 in the last two seasons.  But I think Cleveland--with Josh Gordon--has the better personnel.  Probably comes down to where you stand on Jimmy G.

Yeah, Cleveland is actually pretty stacked this year.  They've got a solid mid-tier QB (plus the number one overall pick for the future), two WRs with elite potential and a couple of solid younger guys in Callaway and Higgins, a TE who I expect to be one of the best in the league in a couple of years, three good to great RBs (Duke doesn't get enough credit...he was one of the more efficient backs in the league last year), and a solid line.  Their defense seems pretty stacked as well, although I don't have a lot of faith in Williams as a defensive coach after he horribly botched Peppers' development last year by having him play completely out of position.  

I'd expect the Browns to make the real jump next year when they (presumably) bring in an actual NFL coach and fire the stupid asshole who stabs everyone in the back and constantly throws his own players under the bus.  Kind of like how we saw the Rams make the leap last year after they jettisoned their dipshit coach and hired someone with a brain.

Apparently Martavis Bryant isn't picking up the playbook very well for the Raiders. NFL Network reporting this is causing him to stay in one spot on the field. This, for some reason, is not surprising to hear. Getting a third rounder for him will end up being good business for us. 

Archived